Kaz's Juke Box

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

binbag;1341388 wrote: Really liked the iceberg one kaz, and Carolly, your was a really good one also.

You've some great contributions in here k.

[CENTER]Here's one I've liked since the early 70's. I had a vision in my mind of what Eddy

looked like. He's nothing like it lol. I think he's great and he's singing a great song.

Sadly, he's gone now.

Thanks BB and who can forget this one ah:-6;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
binbag

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by binbag »

Aaaah, Oklahoma. Yes indeed Carolly who could forget that beautiful film with fantastic music.

-----------------------------------------

[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

This song means alot to me and when its sung at the end of Carousel it sends shivers through me every time I see it for a few reasons that I wont go on into here now....anyway this version by Judy I love also.:-4:-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

and now for something from this century|!:wah::wah::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

Sarcy Moo....you cant beat the olduns dear.Bet some of the modern rubbish wont be around in years to come....take the 60s songs....there 50 years old now fgs:-2:guitarist
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1342247 wrote: Sarcy Moo....you cant beat the olduns dear.Bet some of the modern rubbish wont be around in years to come....take the 60s songs....there 50 years old now fgs:-2:guitarist

well old was new at one time and look at the carry on they had when Elvis arrived with his bendy pelvis:wah::wah::guitarist

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

I've always liked this track.

YouTube - Diana Ross - Chain Reaction

It is strange, though, to see these guys pretending to be the Bee Gees :yh_rotfl
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

Thanks Gill i love Diana Ross:)heres another good female singer:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

I used to love singing this song and still do sometimes.I actually still have her signature with Charles Az....the french geezer :wah:on a programme I had from the Palladium when I saw them there and waited round the stage door....ohhhh they were the days.;)
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

eee didnt know you liked pet shop boys carol:guitarist

lets all be loving today:-3:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

Im watching Susan Boyle being interviewed on telly just now,, i love her singing this one:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

I've been watching the Piers Morgan interview with Subo. She seems perfectly grounded to me, and has things in perspective. Good luck to her and may she have loads more successful albums. :) :-6

Sorry, forgot to say what a good track that is, Kaz.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

I know its only November but ..........:sneaky::wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you, Kaz, I really enjoyed that ! Haven't heard it before, very pleasant song. :-6
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

This should wake everybody up ! I used to play this when I was in my band, got everybody dancing, great fun ! :guitarist:guitarist :yh_bigsmi

YouTube - The Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

G#Gill;1342789 wrote: Thank you, Kaz, I really enjoyed that ! Haven't heard it before, very pleasant song. :-6

yes,, not all of her songs are shouty ones:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
littleCJelkton

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by littleCJelkton »

if you were looking for up beat songs not to many beat this

G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

Very sorry, LCJ but I can never understand vocalists needing to change a melody line, originally written by the song-writer. It was written in a certain way, the way the writer intended, so if a singer wants to sing different notes, then for Pete's sake go away and write your own song, don't ruin somebody else's. The way this singer sang 'Over The Rainbow' made an otherwise lovely song into an 'also ran' type of song, and the 'middle eight' was unrecognisable as being from 'Over The Rainbow'. He also made 'What A Wonderful World' into a very mundane sounding song - shame. No I'm afraid I didn't find it upbeat at all ! :(
littleCJelkton

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by littleCJelkton »

really? you know he did have to get rights to the songs, I think you are being either to critical of the formal styles of each song instead of listineng to the tone and emotion each conveys, or your just a die hard originalist when it come to music, but what ever to each their own.

Note ever since music began it people have been mimicing, or reusing, recycling in different ways beats, melodies, lyrics that have sounded good to them made by artist they listened to growing upt. This I think goes well for any artist in art, acting, writing, music ect..,
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

littleCJelkton;1343174 wrote: really? you know he did have to get rights to the songs, I think you are being either to critical of the formal styles of each song instead of listineng to the tone and emotion each conveys, or your just a die hard originalist when it come to music, but what ever to each their own.

Note ever since music began it people have been mimicing, or reusing, recycling in different ways beats, melodies, lyrics that have sounded good to them made by artist they listened to growing upt. This I think goes well for any artist in art, acting, writing, music ect..,

It's just something that I feel quite strongly about, I'm sure you would be a little upset if somebody messed around with a song that you had written. I guess people wait till the song is out of copyright, to mess about with it. Oh I've had personal experience of this, so you'll have to excuse my opinion. I felt entitled to voice it :)
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

littleCJelkton;1343145 wrote: if you were looking for up beat songs not to many beat this

like this version for what its worth and always have.

G#Gill;1343162 wrote: Very sorry, LCJ but I can never understand vocalists needing to change a melody line, originally written by the song-writer. It was written in a certain way, the way the writer intended, so if a singer wants to sing different notes, then for Pete's sake go away and write your own song, don't ruin somebody else's. The way this singer sang 'Over The Rainbow' made an otherwise lovely song into an 'also ran' type of song, and the 'middle eight' was unrecognisable as being from 'Over The Rainbow'. He also made 'What A Wonderful World' into a very mundane sounding song - shame. No I'm afraid I didn't find it upbeat at all ! :(Gill what about Eva Cassidy's version...ok its not quite as different as this one but still different.Theres loads of songs that have been copied over the years in a different way but are still good.I see you have put Kathy Kirby's version of Secret Love on your Thread...which I love but is nothing like the original from Calamity Jane sung by Doris Day....which I also think is fab.

Now Over The Rainbow means alot to me .....alot which im not going to go into here as its not the place.....but I still can appreciate the version that was posted here.Also many of The Beatles songs have been recorded by other Artists in a different syle and did you ever hear Its Been A Hard Days Night performed by Peter Sellers:wah:;)

Anyway about time I put a song here lol!

G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

Carolly;1343251 wrote: I like this version for what its worth and always have.

Gill what about Eva Cassidy's version...ok its not quite as different as this one but still different.Theres loads of songs that have been copied over the years in a different way but are still good.I see you have put Kathy Kirby's version of Secret Love on your Thread...which I love but is nothing like the original from Calamity Jane sung by Doris Day....which I also think is fab.

Now Over The Rainbow means alot to me .....alot which im not going to go into here as its not the place.....but I still can appreciate the version that was posted here.Also many of The Beatles songs have been recorded by other Artists in a different syle and did you ever hear Its Been A Hard Days Night performed by Peter Sellers:wah:;)

Anyway about time I put a song here lol!

Oh take no notice of me, Carol and everybody, I'm just a bit niggly that's all. Also those two particular songs I think should be sung straight - no I'm not very keen on the Eva Cassidy version of Over the Rainbow. Yes I loved Pete Sellers' Hard Days Night :yh_rotfl I think the Beatles did as well :yh_rotfl

Who sang the song on your track, Carol ? Very nice words, nice song. Brings a little water to the eye.................
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

littleCJelkton;1343145 wrote: if you were looking for up beat songs not to many beat this

G#Gill;1343162 wrote: Very sorry, LCJ but I can never understand vocalists needing to change a melody line, originally written by the song-writer. It was written in a certain way, the way the writer intended, so if a singer wants to sing different notes, then for Pete's sake go away and write your own song, don't ruin somebody else's. The way this singer sang 'Over The Rainbow' made an otherwise lovely song into an 'also ran' type of song, and the 'middle eight' was unrecognisable as being from 'Over The Rainbow'. He also made 'What A Wonderful World' into a very mundane sounding song - shame. No I'm afraid I didn't find it upbeat at all ! :(

G#Gill;1343262 wrote: Oh take no notice of me, Carol and everybody, I'm just a bit niggly that's all. Also those two particular songs I think should be sung straight - no I'm not very keen on the Eva Cassidy version of Over the Rainbow. Yes I loved Pete Sellers' Hard Days Night :yh_rotfl I think the Beatles did as well :yh_rotfl

Who sang the song on your track, Carol ? Very nice words, nice song. Brings a little water to the eye.................She was in the show Gill...her names Tina Arena...now dont start moaning about her name will you fgs:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)
littleCJelkton

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by littleCJelkton »

You must despise Weird Al' then Gill

G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

Carolly;1343268 wrote: She was in the show Gill...her names Tina Arena...now dont start moaning about her name will you fgs:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)

As if I would:yh_rotfl Was it a very small showground? Oops, sorry, I thought you said teeny arena. Ere what show are you talkin about Mrs? :-3 :yh_rotfl :thinking:
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

littleCJelkton;1343272 wrote: You must despise Weird Al' then Gill

Sorry, LCJ, there's a copyright block in the UK on the video, so I won't be able to pass an opinion.............:wah:
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1343162 wrote: Very sorry, LCJ but I can never understand vocalists needing to change a melody line, originally written by the song-writer. It was written in a certain way, the way the writer intended, so if a singer wants to sing different notes, then for Pete's sake go away and write your own song, don't ruin somebody else's. The way this singer sang 'Over The Rainbow' made an otherwise lovely song into an 'also ran' type of song, and the 'middle eight' was unrecognisable as being from 'Over The Rainbow'. He also made 'What A Wonderful World' into a very mundane sounding song - shame. No I'm afraid I didn't find it upbeat at all ! :(

G#Gill;1343273 wrote: As if I would:yh_rotfl Was it a very small showground? Oops, sorry, I thought you said teeny arena. Ere what show are you talkin about Mrs? :-3 :yh_rotfl :thinking:Are you trying to wind me up madam:-5...the song Whistle Down The Wind was from the show....Whistle Down The Down:-5....I saw the film version when I was a kid and it starred Hayley Mills and Alan Bates...I think...loved that film.:)
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

Well you didn't forget them, Kaz. Thank you.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

G#Gill;1343305 wrote: Well you didn't forget them, Kaz. Thank you.

Of course not gill, never:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
littleCJelkton

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by littleCJelkton »

G#Gill;1343274 wrote: Sorry, LCJ, there's a copyright block in the UK on the video, so I won't be able to pass an opinion.............:wah:

Is this the same block that wont let people in the UK poke the queen on Facebook
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

littleCJelkton;1343327 wrote: Is this the same block that wont let people in the UK poke the queen on Facebook

Not the same thing at all LCJ :)
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

Ooooooh, thanks Kaz, another of my all time favourites !!!!!:guitarist:guitarist
Carolly

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by G#Gill »

YouTube -
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

why have i got extra pages here?????:thinking::-3:-2

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Kaz's Juke Box

Post by kazalala »

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Music”