Farewell Fluff

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Uncle Kram

Farewell Fluff

Post by Uncle Kram »

Alan "Fluff" Freeman has died. His Saturday afternoon show on BBC Radio 1 in the 70's formed the backbone of my Rock education.

He did a Radio 1 roadshow from my local youth club on the day that Slades "Skweeze Me Pleeze Me" got to No1 in the UK. I was happily leaning on his turntables and he kept looking at me and blowing smoke into my face. At 13 I wasn't aware at all of his "tastes"

Still one of the greats though

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Carl44

Farewell Fluff

Post by Carl44 »

he will be missed u kram , was pop pickers his saying :confused:
spot

Farewell Fluff

Post by spot »

ArnoldLayne;470948 wrote: Like Uncle, I loved to listen to him in the earl 70's and was always my choice of Radio presenters to listen too. He always played the music I wanted to hearDavid Jacobs and Jimmy Young never did it for you, then.

Fluff was definitely a step up from Simon Dee. I tended to put my money on John Peel - and did, quite often - in records shops. He had a good ear.

Poor Simon Dee came in for a lot of stick though. "Dee's combination of Sixties grooviness and spectacular naffness made him the original model for Austin Powers. Even more compelling is his resemblance to comedian Steve Coogan's fictional alter ego, Alan Partridge". He might even still be alive.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Farewell Fluff

Post by spot »

ArnoldLayne;470976 wrote: Stuart Henry, Johnny Walker and Emperor Rosko were a regular listen for meWhispering Bob? Or is he too recent for you?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Uncle Kram

Farewell Fluff

Post by Uncle Kram »

I remember him playing "Finding My Way" off the first Rush album and being blown away. They didn't break in the UK for a couple of years after that. My mates thought I was cool as I had been "into them from day 1":wah: Oh to be an innocent 15 again:D.

Fluff played all the stuff that the other Radio 1 shows wouldn't touch with a barge pole, like Led "no singles" Zeppelin. Seems hard to imagine as this genre is so mainstream these days

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN

Return to “Music”