Jist' some stuff

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
CARLA

Jist' some stuff

Post by CARLA »

Beautiful song what a beautiful voice..:-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Uncle Kram

Jist' some stuff

Post by Uncle Kram »

Clancy;464953 wrote: "Don't Speak Of My Heart" Gerry Rafferty

It's just stills, but you can see his old, Stealers Wheel partner, Joe Egan in there, and his old Humblebums partner, Billy Connelly, at the end.....and the painter, John Byrne who done a few of Rafferty's Album covers

">

Loved his voice right from the Stealers Wheel days. I always think of Gerry Rafferty everytime I drive through Chipping Norton as it's where he recorded the wonderful "Night Owl"

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
CARLA

Jist' some stuff

Post by CARLA »

Love the paint ball demolition video great stuff..:cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Uncle Kram

Jist' some stuff

Post by Uncle Kram »

A haunting and enduring classic.

CARLA

Jist' some stuff

Post by CARLA »

SANTANA The man I have every album he has recorded, been to several of his concerts. He is cool, smooth, hip, sassy, and one heck of musician...:-4

Clancy, Santana has a hot line of shoe for women he sells you might want to see if he has branched out to mens shoes as well.. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Uncle Kram

Jist' some stuff

Post by Uncle Kram »

Clancy;465684 wrote: Definitely , Unc :) I thought I was having having a retrospective look back, truth is, I still love to listen of this stuff. The thing is, Google have bought over YouTube, and already there's been a lot of stuff taken out because of copyright license. I was looking for, Ry Cooder's Get Rhythm, and, "Whatever Makes You Rich, Makes You Poor"....then I was looking for specific BB King, tracks....they've been withdrawn. :(

.................................................................................

One of the good things about (advert infested) Hi Fi mags in the 70's & 80's, was that they gave great album reviews. The term reference record was given to an album containing great music, plus it's production values had to be flawless. This was one of them.

Ricky Lee Jones

">

I've only got 2 of her albums. Ricky Lee Jones and Flying Cowboys. Both good . The song Chuck E's in love has such a great vibe about it

Nomad

Jist' some stuff

Post by Nomad »

Im not trying to be antagonistic although it may appear that way I assure you thats not my intent. Anyhoo I just had to say Ive always thought Gerry Rafferty sucked. Hes one of those guys that just grates on my nerves Maybe its because I heard one of his songs like...oh I dont know, 3,000,000 times. But Im pretty sure he irritated me the first time I heard it. Id lump Al Stewart in there with him. Off to bang my head on the wall now.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Jist' some stuff

Post by Nomad »

Uncle Kram;465879 wrote: I've only got 2 of her albums. Ricky Lee Jones and Flying Cowboys. Both good . The song Chuck E's in love has such a great vibe about it

Ive always liked Traces of Western Slopes

I love her original jazz/bluesy/sultry groove !

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserv ... 22-8040136
I AM AWESOME MAN
Uncle Kram

Jist' some stuff

Post by Uncle Kram »

Clancy;467441 wrote: Nothing has been proved = Dusty Springfield

This was about the scandal during the cold war in the 60's (U.K.) when, Miss Christine Keeler was having an affair with a Russian spy, while also having a horizontal tango with, Mr Profumo .....who just happened to be the British minister for war. I read Christine Keeler's book, and she cites that Stephen Ward was also on the payroll of the Kremlin....I was undecided either way, (cough) . Profumo lied his arse off about the whole affair in Parliament, and on tv. Exhausted by scandal it broke the back of the then government...The vid opens with old footage of, Christine Keeler going to court.

">

I've always loved this one. It's rather ironic that I only began to appreciate Dusty retrospectively after this song which was quite a departure from her usual offerings. The Pet Shop Boys were involved if my memory serves me correctly (which it doesn't :o )

Bryn Mawr

Jist' some stuff

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Clancy;467428 wrote: Ok, this isn't a Christmas carol, and a lot of people think this song and it's accompanying film is corny .....never the less, I like it. It's based loosely on an event that did actually happen . During the trench warfare of WWI Soldiers from both sides could hear one another singing Christmas carols, and both, British & German troops climbed out of their trenches and met in no-man's land.

It also remind's me of Blackadder, when "Edmund's" immortal line was uttered...

......"Clearly, Field Marshall Haig is yet about to make another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin"

Sounds like Artisan's Christmas in the Trenches - for some reason I don't see the links so I don't know what's on offer but the story is true.

Return to “Music”