If you were buying a house......

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

If you were buying a home - would you invest 700$ to have it inspected by a state certified inspector....???(sometimes these fees can be placed on your home loan and then you can work with the owner and have some things fixed before you sign the papers...)

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Clint

Post by Clint »

Absolutely. It could be the least expensive and most effective purchase the buyer ever made.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
weeder

Post by weeder »

I certainly would. Unfortunately, I didnt 2 years ago. I have spent 5x that as a result.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I don't know anything about state certifications. I'd feel better if they were certified by an organization that knows construction. ;)

IMO, it is a waste of money to not get an inspection. I even recommend getting an inspection on a new home if you can't be present throughout the building process.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Just out of curiosity, does the mortgage`lender not require that you have a survey done? In the UK you can't get a mortgage` without the survey
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Yes -you have to have a survey.......the reason I asked was my hubby is getting certified and some people think its a good idea some don't - but I think it will be a good thing! - was just getting an opinion....THANKS!

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
ubetta

Post by ubetta »

Wow. Is that what it costs by you? That's the going rate? It's very expensive compared to what we pay here. But yes, most buyers have the home inspected.

Return to “Home Management”