A bit of fun with your boiler??

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
wizzonek

Post by wizzonek »

I thought those of you who are interested in home management/improvements could have some fun reviewing this latest competition from Powergen. It's

all about trying to find Britains Oldest Boiler.

The aim is to help boiler engineers Pete and Paula fix a troublesome

boiler that's on the verge of breaking down, whilst at the same time

avoiding the cowboy plumbers.

Give it a go and see if you can get yourself on the high-score table!

Click here to find out what it's all about and to play boiler

breakdown

http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/clk;192338 ... k/game.htm
randall

Post by randall »

randall here,

Whilst I think that it is a very honourable cause to search out for the oldest boiler but I thought I would just use you letter to put forward a view of mine.

I absolutely hate the way the words "COWBOY and COWBOYS" are bandied about in Britain anyway.

Being of sea going stock when I came to meet real cowboys I could not help but compare them with my "ain folk".

They are highly skilled and are entirely dependent on the weather and just like boats have to go out in all sorts of weather.

One year they may make a profit but on another year with weather and disease against them and their herds they may end up b[deeply in the red and have contracted severe illness in the process.

Just how on earth did the word "cowboy" come to mean some shyster, mean, crooked untrained person just too willing to rip of anyone, especially elderly people, without any conscious feeling of guilt or remorse???

I would love to know the "thread" that led to that.

God bless,

randall.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

They must have never met Far to know a real cowboy..............................:-6

Return to “Home Management”