when do you start Christmas shopping?

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

well it's Sept. already....when do you start Christmas shopping in earnest? what is your style? do it in advance, or do it at 8 PM on Christmas Eve? do you stick to a list or stick to a budget? online or catalog shop or join the fray at the stores? i would love to read how everyone gets through the season of shopping and pressure.
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Ha hahahahahaha ha ha ha ha hahahahaha ha ha ha! Christmas...shopping....whew!

I have a bag of gifts in my trunk that never made it to the rightful recipients for one reason or another last year. I'm going to give them this year : )
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

last month.
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

two years ago my son was living quite a distance away, with no hope of being here for Christmas. so i spent MONTHS filling a HUGE box with stuff he needed, new shoes, clothes, foodstuffs, toiletries, a good watch, treats, i am talking about $1200. worth of things. i mailed it in Nov. first-class (in the same state as me, no-place exotic). he didn't get it until i raised hell with every florida post office...in late january. let me tell you, that still hurts like crazy, he had no Christmas gifts on Christmas. never again. :(
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

Well, I say every year I'm going to start around July, but it usually ends up first of December. I am a straight by the list type of gal, regardless of cost. This year, I would like to do more online shopping. If anyone comes across deals, shoot them my way (purty-please)
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
pink princess

Post by pink princess »

i normally start to think about it mid november and buy a few bits, then get confused and do nothing until about 2 weeks before

dont tend to do it over the internet or mail order, i prefer going into shops.... though this year as i become more and more computer friendly (!) i get the feeling a few internet orders may take place.....

(btw can i just mention the fact that i love christmas!)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

This year I plan on doing all my shopping on amazon.com. I love that site, and there's something for everyone.
Raven

Post by Raven »

We start the day after thanksgiving, to get all the overseas goodies, so we send them by the 1st of december. We send them through DHL or UPS. Thats also when we put the tree up and all the other stuff!:-4 I'm starting a christmas pudding now! But we go out again to shop for all the rest, during the rest of december, when it's the most festive! I love christmas!
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
PurpleChicken

Post by PurpleChicken »

I usually start off early but finish late. With best of intentions, I start my list early, or may even just pick up things when I come across them. Somehow usually end up 50% complete and then get caught up in Christmas parties and so forth that I end up doing the last half in the last week.

Must try to get ahead this year

Bez

Post by Bez »

lady cop wrote: well it's Sept. already....when do you start Christmas shopping in earnest? what is your style? do it in advance, or do it at 8 PM on Christmas Eve? do you stick to a list or stick to a budget? online or catalog shop or join the fray at the stores? i would love to read how everyone gets through the season of shopping and pressure.

I do a bit of everything you've listed LC....BUT NOT YET ! It's far too beautiful outside to think about anything but .....being outside....fresh air....warmth.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

lady cop wrote: well it's Sept. already....when do you start Christmas shopping in earnest? what is your style? do it in advance, or do it at 8 PM on Christmas Eve? do you stick to a list or stick to a budget? online or catalog shop or join the fray at the stores? i would love to read how everyone gets through the season of shopping and pressure.
You just love to see me panic, don't you? Bitch.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: You just love to see me panic, don't you? Bitch....:yh_laugh :yh_whistl :yh_bigsmi :yh_hugs get busy girl! i've stopped all that Christmas shopping frenzy, try to do it online and let someone else wrap and ship...which i used to enjoy, but no more.
abbey

Post by abbey »

I cant see why on earth anyone trudges around busy shops, trying to figure out what to buy for xmas, when you can sit in the comfort of your own home and do it on line!

I get most of my inspiration browsing shops sitting on my sofa having a cup of tea. :)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

BabyRider wrote: You just love to see me panic, don't you? Bitch.

You are so damned cuddly ! It just about kills me :-6

I used to be a New Yrs Eve guy, now Im like the 22nd or 23rd X-mas shopper. I think Im going to buy Baby something in *warm & fuzzy* for X-mas.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Home Management”