neighborhoods

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
lady cop

neighborhoods

Post by lady cop »

what are your neighbors and neigborhood like? mine is very frustrating for me. i moved to this area to help my son through college, it is not an attractive area, but was all i could afford. the houses are small and close to each other. on one side i see people with plastic bags in their windows instead of glass, some old nasty cracked kitchen chairs outside, next to a car up on jacks and hubcaps on the ground. on the other side is people whom i have arrested. in fact i have arrested half the neighbors. our cruisers are in here day and night. i keep the scanner on constantly. i HATE for my comrades to know i live here. there's a lot of dope-sales and just nasty jerry-springer people. i am so uncomfortable, and they don't particularly appreciate my presence either. there is also blatant child-neglect and domestic violence. they think nothing of banging on my door when i'm sleeping, i finally put a little sign up "call 911".
minks

neighborhoods

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: what are your neighbors and neigborhood like? mine is very frustrating for me. i moved to this area to help my son through college, it is not an attractive area, but was all i could afford. the houses are small and close to each other. on one side i see people with plastic bags in their windows instead of glass, some old nasty cracked kitchen chairs outside, next to a car up on jacks and hubcaps on the ground. on the other side is people whom i have arrested. in fact i have arrested half the neighbors. our cruisers are in here day and night. i keep the scanner on constantly. i HATE for my comrades to know i live here. there's a lot of dope-sales and just nasty jerry-springer people. i am so uncomfortable, and they don't particularly appreciate my presence either. there is also blatent child-neglect and domestic violence. they think nothing of banging on my door when i'm sleeping, i finally put a little sign up "call 911".

yeeeeuck, I thought mine was shite HAH! nothing like yours. I have an alcoholic wife beater on one side, yep cops been out before for the fights, as well for the noise and I have bitched them out other times so now they kiss my a$$ fearing I am the one calling the cops all the time. I have a crippled older man on the other side who is very nice and is a constant friend to the wife who is not so bright and keeps being beat. Across the street I have a house full of kids who are so loud they forced their neighbors to sell their house, the rest of em are mid to lower class suburbia. Ahhhh LC things will change. Keep your chin up hun.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

neighborhoods

Post by chonsigirl »

I have a nice neighborhood. An elementary school across the street, and a stand of trees down the corner. All the houses are about 10-15 years old, very well kept up. Neighbors compete for trimmed yards, and always pick up trash. I am very lucky, it is nice here.

Ha-ha, a pic from the big winter blast a few years back...............

Attached files
minks

neighborhoods

Post by minks »

chonsigirl wrote: I have a nice neighborhood. An elementary school across the street, and a stand of trees down the corner. All the houses are about 10-15 years old, very well kept up. Neighbors compete for trimmed yards, and always pick up trash. I am very lucky, it is nice here.

Ha-ha, a pic from the big winter blast a few years back...............

Holy snowdrifts girl that is a load of snow.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
valerie

neighborhoods

Post by valerie »

Well, mine aren't too bad... considering. The people right next to us on one

side are SLOBS... they're the ones I posted about back in January... remodeled

their kitchen and left the old drawers moldering in the rain for six months...

weeds waist high, old broken down fence, you name it. I planted 5 big

huge whiskey half barrels full of zinnias and sunflowers just to try and hide

the CRAP and when I saw the lady out there... she said how much she enjoyed

the flowers and how nice it looked. Uh, DUH, why don't you police your side

of it? Oh well, could be worse I 'spect.

We do have guys riding around on those little noisy fake choppers all the time.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

chonsigirl

neighborhoods

Post by chonsigirl »

That's my daughter Alex, I made those kids go out and shovel that snow!

Ha, ha!
lady cop

neighborhoods

Post by lady cop »

i live very close to the ocean, so all homes around here are so expensive, even the bad areas. some really nice apartment/condo complexes will let cops live there very cheaply in exchange for security and wearing a pager all the time, so you are never off-duty. i have considered it, but you never have a moments peace.
Peg

neighborhoods

Post by Peg »

My neighbors are okay. I've had worse, that's for sure. I live right outside city limits so it's kind of like living in the country, without actually living in the country. I can walk downtown to work in less than 10 minutes. My neighbors keep pretty much to themselves.
Tombstone

neighborhoods

Post by Tombstone »

lady cop wrote: what are your neighbors and neigborhood like? mine is very frustrating for me. i moved to this area to help my son through college, it is not an attractive area, but was all i could afford. the houses are small and close to each other. on one side i see people with plastic bags in their windows instead of glass, some old nasty cracked kitchen chairs outside, next to a car up on jacks and hubcaps on the ground. on the other side is people whom i have arrested. in fact i have arrested half the neighbors.

LC, first off - BRAVO to you for helping your son through college! You are certainly living the model of sacrificing for someone else.

Secondly, do you worry about your well-being since you've arrested some of those people? I wouldn't be comfortable living in the 'burb that I had a beat in.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
abbey

neighborhoods

Post by abbey »

Far, it seems to me that you already live in your ideal home, why not buy it?
Bothwell

neighborhoods

Post by Bothwell »

LC how could you fail to mention the vultures!!!

Now this will seem old hat to our American friends but Abbey these things are like something off the serengeti, 4 ft tall bloody grreat beak and they circle over you, now I have been called alot of things but never carrion.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
abbey

neighborhoods

Post by abbey »

Bothwell wrote: LC how could you fail to mention the vultures!!!

Now this will seem old hat to our American friends but Abbey these things are like something off the serengeti, 4 ft tall bloody grreat beak and they circle over you, now I have been called alot of things but never carrion.Ahhh! Now i understand why she makes light of your stalking pigeon...

Bothwell

neighborhoods

Post by Bothwell »

Actually it's a 3ft high seagull with venomous saliva because it lives on local tip!! pigeon indeed!!!
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
lady cop

neighborhoods

Post by lady cop »

Tombstone wrote: LC, first off - BRAVO to you for helping your son through college! You are certainly living the model of sacrificing for someone else.

Secondly, do you worry about your well-being since you've arrested some of those people? I wouldn't be comfortable living in the 'burb that I had a beat in.Thanks Tombstone. you're the kind of parent who wouldn't think twice about any sacrifice for your children..........i really don't worry about my physical well-being (mentally it's depressing) because these people know the penalties for battery on a LEO. my only concern is breaking in my place in search of weapons when i am not here. ...one exception, an inmate at the jail was overheard talking about me and knowing where i live, another inmate snitched him out to me. so i collected my LT. as a witness, went to the jail, called him out and told him in no uncertain terms that if i ever saw him near my house i would shoot. i never did.
robinseggs

neighborhoods

Post by robinseggs »

We have lots of trees, lots of kids and school is across the street...kids walk to and from school and mostly all stay home moms...a little Leave it to Beaverish I know, but if my only complaint is the people next door having too many cars, then I am happy. I am very fortunate and feel sad for people who may feel unsafe/unprotected in their neighborhoods. LC, you probably don't realize what a beacon in the night you are to all those unsupervised/neglected children. Bless your heart and God keep you safe.
Nature laughs Last
ubetta

neighborhoods

Post by ubetta »

I live in a city that is deed restricted. The whole city. Very little crime, no graffti, neighbors are friendly. We're all a little 'weird' in our own way, but we all get along and help one another if need be. Congregate at the end of the driveway every once in a while to chat. I like it here. From reading some of the posts, I'm damned lucky! We came from a place that was going downhill fast. While our house is nothing to brag about, I'm thrilled to have it.
actionfigurestepho

neighborhoods

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I love my neighbors. One one side we have a very hot Native American man who loves to work outside with his shirt off...mmm. He's a little weird because he's always chopping down his trees. I ask myself all the time "what kind of Native American does not like trees?" We just plant more on our property to make up for it. He also likes to help us fix things...our well, our lawnmower, the snowblower...

Much nicer than when I lived in Youngstown and I had drug dealers on one side and prostitutes on the other! There were some people who never used their door...they crawled in and out of a window rather than fix the door hinges.
Lon

neighborhoods

Post by Lon »

I am happy to live on a golf course in a Age Restricted Active Adult Retirement Community of 3,100 individual homes, Restaurant, Fitness Center, Indoor & Outdoor Pools, Volleyball-Tennis & Basketball Courts, 6 Bocce Ball Courts, Billards & Snooker Tables and 45 different Clubs. We even have our own Members Web Page--------la de da.

http://www.suncityroseville.org/aboutWhoIsSunCity.html
lady cop

neighborhoods

Post by lady cop »

*sigh*...one day i shall have a little 'miss marple' cottage in England, with a fireplace and roses all around. :yh_flower :yh_flower :yh_flower :yh_flower
venus

neighborhoods

Post by venus »

Wow LC it sounds like a bad place, but like yu said it's not forever. Before you know it you will be in England and living a much calmer life, shall we say.

not everyone has the privilige of living in a great town/village and thats a shame, but you've just got to make the best of what you have got. Because you know there is someone out there who thinks you really have got it all.

I used to whine alot, about my health, childhood, the usual things. Then during my time at college my psychology tutor suggested some books to me, as he knew l was going for a degree in social work. It was the life story of Dave Pelzer, by the time l finished reading the first "A child called it" l realised l should just shut up and get on with it. I've since read them all (4 in total).

They have changed me, l still moan now and then, but in the scheme of things it showed me what happiness really is..

And when its good then be really thankful as you never know if you've got a tomorrow:)
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!

Return to “Home Management”