The housemate from hell... Help !!!

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
persephone

Post by persephone »

I'm in need of funny slogans to put in the toilet and the kitchen, I shall explain the problem...

One of my housemates is a slob and it is driving me mad. I realise there is nothing to say he can actually read, but I'm willing to give this a go before I say things VERY bluntly to him.

Problem

1. He doesn't flush the toilet

2. He leaves the lid up (the dog then drinks his excrements, and leaves used toilet paper laying on the floor)

3. He doesn't clean his crumbs or anything else away

4. Instead of putting clean plates etc. away he leaves them piled on the side after removing them from the draining board.

So what I need is some funny slogans that relate to the above problems that I can put pictures to and put on the appropriate walls around the house, hopefully avoiding the blunt in-your-face talk.

His room is worse and stinks to high heaven, but he's been told as long as the smell doesn't start coming out we'll leave him to his embarrassment, when and if he finally gets a girlfriend.
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
minks

Post by minks »

letha wrote: I'm in need of funny slogans to put in the toilet and the kitchen, I shall explain the problem...

One of my housemates is a slob and it is driving me mad. I realise there is nothing to say he can actually read, but I'm willing to give this a go before I say things VERY bluntly to him.

Problem

2. He leaves the lid up (the dog then drinks his excrements, and leaves used toilet paper laying on the floor)

4. Instead of putting clean plates etc. away he leaves them piled on the side after removing them from the draining board.

So what I need is some funny slogans that relate to the above problems that I can put pictures to and put on the appropriate walls around the house, hopefully avoiding the blunt in-your-face talk.

His room is worse and stinks to high heaven, but he's been told as long as the smell doesn't start coming out we'll leave him to his embarrassment, when and if he finally gets a girlfriend.

Oooo girl been there done that and finally kicked the guy out, I could not stand being tidy up mother to him any longer, bad enough I have the kid to tidy up after.

Funny sayings huh, how about "Mommy didn't move in with you, and I am not her replacement, please tidy up after yourself."

"Flush or be flushed"

"A clean house is a happy house"

I dunno hun, the face to face may be your best bet.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Funny slogans, Letha? you must be the most tolerant person in the world! i would show this person the EXIT sign immediately and change the locks!
persephone

Post by persephone »

john8pies wrote: Funny slogans, Letha? you must be the most tolerant person in the world! i would show this person the EXIT sign immediately and change the locks!It's part of the job description... I prefer to give people a chance before I lay into them, sometimes this goes wrong because I'm at the end of my tether by that point.

So far though we have learnt that the only thing that really works is to treat him like a child, so if simple words and drawings work for children... You get my drift ??? :wah:
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
BTS

Post by BTS »

Above toilet:

"We Aim To Please"---------"You Aim Too, Please"
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Letha! Where you been?? Welcome back.

I had a similar problem a few years back. When my roomie refused to do dishes, I'd pile them, unrinsed, onto his bed. Under the blankets. Worked like a charm.

If he continued, I would post bills for my cleaning services, which were very expensive, and add the price to his rent.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

minks

Post by minks »

Ahahaha BR and Floppy those are priceless, wish I had of asked here before booting the roomie out. Those would have been a good kick in the arse to him.

HAHAHAHAHA good ones girls.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
persephone

Post by persephone »

flopstock wrote: I don't lift a leg over your morning tea..how about you don't lift yours over mine!

thanks..the dogThat one is a clasic :yh_laugh
Agnes

Post by Agnes »

let everything continue to go to hell & go on vacation. this guy should hook up with my daughter in law, a pair made in heaven, shes a slob too.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :yh_beatup
koan

Post by koan »

since his room is the designated den of iniquity, you could leave a note telling him that if his feces are too valuable to flush he could keep them in a jar in his room or lose his bathroom priviledges and just keep them inside his body.

Yuck, letha. I'm sorry to hear you have had to put up with this.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

I have the same problem hubby has been p*****g on the seat for years i have shouted screamed thrown things its pointless in my house .Men are stupid you

have to tell them straight... or try this :

If you sprinkle when you tinkle

please be sweet

and lift the seat

goog luck i think i `ll try divorce. sarah janexx
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
abbey

Post by abbey »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: I have the same problem hubby has been p*****g on the seat for years i have shouted screamed thrown things its pointless in my house .Men are stupid you

If you tinkle when you sprinkle

please be sweet

and lift the seat

goog luck i think i `ll try divorce. sarah janexxAh but she loves him really! :-4
gmc

Post by gmc »

posted by Letha

Problem

That is just disgusting, he doesn't care about your sensibilities so why are you worried about him? Clearly it's a deliberate act he nust know the effect it will have. Most blokes are terrified when a women loses their temper-lose yours a little. Maybe this is some kind of cry for help-he's trying to find out if you care enough about him to put up with his disgusting habits, it's a perverted dominance thing-he is pissing on you metaphorically.

in either case you and the rest of the housemates need to gang up on him before he loses your friendship forever.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: I'm in need of funny slogans to put in the toilet and the kitchen, I shall explain the problem...

Problem

His room is worse and stinks to high heaven, but he's been told as long as the smell doesn't start coming out we'll leave him to his embarrassment, when and if he finally gets a girlfriend.Put up a sign No Animals admitted.
beyelzu

Post by beyelzu »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: I have the same problem hubby has been p*****g on the seat for years i have shouted screamed thrown things its pointless in my house .Men are stupid you

If you sprinkle when you tinkle

please be sweet

and lift the seat

goog luck i think i `ll try divorce. sarah janexx
please provide proof that men are indeed stupid or retract.

I wont make sweeping generalizations about half the damn planet if you dont.
beyelzu

Post by beyelzu »

letha,

you could make a dick and jane reader.

See dick wash the dishes.

See dick put up the plates.

See dick not get murdered by his housemates.

See jane use the potty.

See Jane flush the toilet

See jane not being kicked out into the street and forced into a life of prostitution.
koan

Post by koan »

beyelzu wrote: letha,

you could make a dick and jane reader.

See dick wash the dishes.

See dick put up the plates.

See dick not get murdered by his housemates.

See jane use the potty.

See Jane flush the toilet

See jane not being kicked out into the street and forced into a life of prostitution.
persephone

Post by persephone »

Seeing as this thread has been active, I'll give the latest update on the housemate.

The other housemate (flopmate) bought a PC, something was a little wrong with it and we couldn't connect to the internet, the PIG works in one of the many London PC shops and supposedly builds PC's and repairs them.

The new PC has been taken to the shop as it went from a small problem to a major one of not working at all... Turns out the Bios was so badly flashed it now needs replacing.

PIG says "oh, but you need to remove the motherboard to flash the bios".

The PC is so new it has built in flash system, and when did you need to remove a motherboard to flash, it's done with a disk on old systems :yh_doh

I have a feeling flopmate and pig are going to come to blows very soon. :-5

The good news, my other half remembered to go and put the lid down as the dog came bounding up the stairs :wah:
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

capt_buzzard wrote: Put up a sign No Animals admitted.and knee him in the bollocks
persephone

Post by persephone »

Violence is not the answer... Close to it though :yh_think
Lon

Post by Lon »

Slogans? Signs? You must be kidding. The guy is a grade A SLOB and is not going to change for you or anyone else. Why tolerate him? Get him out.

Return to “Home Management”