Cash for Caulkers could mean $12K per home

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

President Obama proposed a new program Tuesday that would reimburse homeowners for energy-efficient appliances and insulation, part of a broader plan to stimulate the economy.

The administration didn't provide immediate details, but said it would work with Congress on crafting legislation. Steve Nadel, director at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, who's helping write the bill, said a homeowner could receive up to $12,000 in rebates.

Story Link: Cash for Caulkers could mean $12K per home - Yahoo! Finance
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Big flaw here is you have to pay for these appliances first to get the reimbursment of half back. In these financially strapped time not to many of us can afford to replace all our appliances, or even a few at this time.

This might work for rich people as there is no income barrier so everyone is equal. Maybe the rich can give their half back to the less fortunate so they can get theirs free. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Obama urges major new stimulus, jobs spending - Yahoo! News

...the U.S. has had to "spend our way out of this recession" with so many people out of work but insisted he was still mindful of a need to confront soaring deficits. More than 7 million Americans have lost their jobs since the recession began two years ago, and the jobless rate stands at 10 percent, statistics Obama called "staggering."...

The recession began two years ago? Let's see now...Liberals have controlled Congress, budgets/spending, and the deficit since January 3rd, 2007. That's THREE years now!

Quite a revelation, no? His statement is nothing less than an admission that Liberals have caused all this! This has all happened on their watch. Hope Liberals are proud of this.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1271288 wrote: Obama urges major new stimulus, jobs spending - Yahoo! News

...the U.S. has had to "spend our way out of this recession" with so many people out of work but insisted he was still mindful of a need to confront soaring deficits. More than 7 million Americans have lost their jobs since the recession began two years ago, and the jobless rate stands at 10 percent, statistics Obama called "staggering."...

The recession began two years ago? Let's see now...Liberals have controlled Congress, budgets/spending, and the deficit since January 3rd, 2007. That's THREE years now!

Quite a revelation, no? His statement is nothing less than an admission that Liberals have caused all this! This has all happened on their watch. Hope Liberals are proud of this.Actually, Hoppy, do a search of democratic members of congress and what I believe you will find is that many of them are in fact former moderate republicans that migrated over to the democratic party due to intolerance by extreme conservatives. They are anything but liberal. I could probably count the number of actual liberals on both my hands at this point. Obama is not liberal by any stretch of the imagination, even yours, regardless of what you continue to assert.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1271344 wrote: Actually, Hoppy, do a search of democratic members of congress and what I believe you will find is that many of them are in fact former moderate republicans that migrated over to the democratic party due to intolerance by extreme conservatives. They are anything but liberal. I could probably count the number of actual liberals on both my hands at this point. Obama is not liberal by any stretch of the imagination, even yours, regardless of what you continue to assert.

Dip Obama in honey and roll him in sugar all you want. He's still gonna be one bitter pill.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1271374 wrote: Dip Obama in honey and roll him in sugar all you want. He's still gonna be one bitter pill.It becomes difficult to take these posts seriously because the points are never addressed. The only thing you get is more accusations without any foundational basis.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Ahso!;1271378 wrote: It becomes difficult to take these posts seriously because the points are never addressed. The only thing you get is more accusations without any foundational basis.

In other words, you can't, or don't want to try to defend his actions. That's getting to be a typical lib response.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

hoppy;1271381 wrote: In other words, you can't, or don't want to try to defend his actions. That's getting to be a typical lib response.

In other words, you can't, or won't, answer the points raised - a typical right wing response.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Bryn Mawr;1271398 wrote: In other words, you can't, or won't, answer the points raised - a typical right wing response.

I'll raise you two right wings to your left nut.:yh_rotfl
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

hoppy;1271434 wrote: I'll raise you two right wings to your left nut.:yh_rotfl

Kinky :p
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I'm always amazed at how many foreigners I run across who think they are experts in all affairs American.:wah:
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

Bryn Mawr;1271398 wrote: In other words, you can't, or won't, answer the points raised - a typical right wing response.

I've never claimed to have all the answers and I won't answer questions I know nothing about. Fools do that. That's why I bring up subjects here. You and three or four others seem to have all the answers to every question or opinion.:D
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

hoppy;1271528 wrote: I've never claimed to have all the answers and I won't answer questions I know nothing about. Fools do that. That's why I bring up subjects here. You and three or four others seem to have all the answers to every question or opinion.:D

Ahso made the point so eloquently :-

Ahso!;1271378 wrote: It becomes difficult to take these posts seriously because the points are never addressed. The only thing you get is more accusations without any foundational basis.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

hoppy;1271528 wrote: I've never claimed to have all the answers and I won't answer questions I know nothing about. Fools do that. That's why I bring up subjects here. You and three or four others seem to have all the answers to every question or opinion.:DNo one is asking you for "all" the answers, Hoppy, only answers to questions for assertions you make.

Taking that to mean "all" the answers is quite frankly a cop out.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

What I originally posted was an opinion based on the article in the post. If you people want to tear apart each sentence and each word searching for something to nit pick about, go right ahead. I'll post lots more opinions to keep you occupied.

That's why I say you people act like self proclaimed experts on everything. Few of you are man enough to admit you don't have the answer, only an opinion. That makes you the cop outs in my book.:D
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

The idea as I see it is to explore questions, which is a process that will include opinions and more opinions that are shaped by imagination and knowledge. Imagination is usually engaging because it is creative and knowledge engages the intellect.

We are not "you people", Hoppy. like you, we are members if civilization, engaging one another in conversation for various reasons. Nobody here sees anyone else as the enemy or out to get the other (at least I like to hope not).

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

hoppy;1271593 wrote: What I originally posted was an opinion based on the article in the post. If you people want to tear apart each sentence and each word searching for something to nit pick about, go right ahead. I'll post lots more opinions to keep you occupied.

That's why I say you people act like self proclaimed experts on everything. Few of you are man enough to admit you don't have the answer, only an opinion. That makes you the cop outs in my book.:D

Lets be honest hopster, you do present yourself as being a conservative elitist with all the answers regarding everything this President is doing wrong.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Home Management”