Credit Card Question

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Lon

Credit Card Question

Post by Lon »

If you have a credit card, do you pay an annual fee for it?
CARLA

Credit Card Question

Post by CARLA »

I have one Mastercard and no I wouldn't pay a annual fee to have it and I don't.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lon

Credit Card Question

Post by Lon »

I asked the question because today I was reading about this new BlacK Credit Card that carries an annual fee of $450. They must be kidding!!! The perks that go along with the card aren't worth the $450 and they must be trying the snob appeal marketing approach.
minks

Credit Card Question

Post by minks »

In response to your question,

Yes and No, and me to, I would never pay an annual fee for a credit card, perks or not, no fee for me thanks.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
ZAP

Credit Card Question

Post by ZAP »

It's against my principles to pay an interest fee. I pay the balance each month and I was a few days late sending it in because I was on vacation so I paid the fee but the next month I had a buck or two added because it had gone a couple of days into the next month. I called and told them to cancel (American Express). They took the charge off plus credited me the one from the month before and gave me double air miles for the rest of the year! Sometimes it pays to whine.:)
YZGI

Credit Card Question

Post by YZGI »

I have one Ducks Unlimited card I pay a fee for, mainly for support. All others no fees.
Odie

Credit Card Question

Post by Odie »

Lon;1254222 wrote: If you have a credit card, do you pay an annual fee for it?

no, never would.

Elite card or not...such a waste of your money.:rolleyes:

when I use mine, I transfer the amount straight into my chequing account then.

If I can't afford something...I don't buy it.

don't even pay those monthly fees.:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Barman

Credit Card Question

Post by Barman »

I dont have one, wifey thinks i might use it to buy essentials behind her back, the latest Callaway driver etc.:sneaky:
Lon

Credit Card Question

Post by Lon »

Zapata;1254417 wrote: It's against my principles to pay an interest fee. I pay the balance each month and I was a few days late sending it in because I was on vacation so I paid the fee but the next month I had a buck or two added because it had gone a couple of days into the next month. I called and told them to cancel (American Express). They took the charge off plus credited me the one from the month before and gave me double air miles for the rest of the year! Sometimes it pays to whine.:)

I was not talking about interest fees, just a annual fee for having the card.
ZAP

Credit Card Question

Post by ZAP »

Oops, I didn't see this. No, I don't pay a yearly fee on my (3) credit cards.
chonsigirl

Credit Card Question

Post by chonsigirl »

No, I don't pay any annual fees.
Jazzy

Credit Card Question

Post by Jazzy »

I don't pay any annual fees.
KSnyder

Credit Card Question

Post by KSnyder »

I can clear all of this up for you! What's the number on your card so I can check and verify the authenticity of the card? Lastly, what is the back 3 numbers on the card(I need this to ensure the card can be used properly!)?
Maristar87

Credit Card Question

Post by Maristar87 »

I have one through Wells-Fargo. I randomly pay a surprise $20 every year... I don't think it ever occurs on the same month though. I don't know when to expect it. It sucks, but it could be worse.
Accountable

Credit Card Question

Post by Accountable »

$450?!?

No annual fees on any of my cards, thanks. We have several. Some that we don't use, but keep just because we have such a long history. It helps our credit rating. Frankly, I think we could cancel them & it wouldn't hurt our score much. My beloved keeps a close eye on the finances & I bow to her expertise.

We have canceled cards in the past because they enacted an annual fee.
LarsMac

Credit Card Question

Post by LarsMac »

The only Credit Card I carry is a Pre-pay type tied to my PayPal account.

I get interest for money in the account, and pay no fees for the card.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
cars

Credit Card Question

Post by cars »

I have an AE cash back card, where "they pay" me to use the card. We use it for everything we buy, hardly every use cash anymore. I get upto 5% on most every thing we buy. Last year I got $562 "cash" back reward from them! It's great!
Cars :)
Accountable

Credit Card Question

Post by Accountable »

cars;1357306 wrote: I have an AE cash back card, where "they pay" me to use the card. We use it for everything we buy, hardly every use cash anymore. I get up to 5% on most every thing we buy. Last year I got $562 "cash" back reward from them! It's great!
We do something similar. Our card give points that can be used for frequent flier miles or to cash in for merchandise. We invariably opt to get a gift card for $50 or so when the points build up enough. I spend about $3 every week actual cash and seldom have more than $10 on me.

Return to “Home Management”