Paper Products

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
KarmaDoodle

Paper Products

Post by KarmaDoodle »

What do you use around the house? I've been trying to choose greener alternatives so am going to give Scott Naturals paper towels a try since they're made from recycled fiber. Any other ideas?
qsducks

Paper Products

Post by qsducks »

I buy sometimes if they are available...cloth diapers. Washable & they make great rags. My daughter was in cloth diapers for 2 yrs & we kept a load of them...they were great rags.
KarmaDoodle

Paper Products

Post by KarmaDoodle »

That's a good idea! Since I have a roommate who isn't the cleanest of people I can't really rely on her to do the laundry, so for now it is disposable products for me. At least the Scott Naturals towels are a step in the right direction though.
qsducks

Paper Products

Post by qsducks »

If you have bathing towels that are a little beat, cut them up...they make great rags too.
Patsy Warnick

Paper Products

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I don't buy paper towels...

I have no use for them.

Patsy
daBunnyWendy7

Paper Products

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

For cleaning the stove I have a seperate sponge. The second one is for dishes and counters,ect.:)
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
qsducks

Paper Products

Post by qsducks »

daBunnyWendy7;1184246 wrote: For cleaning the stove I have a seperate sponge. The second one is for dishes and counters,ect.:)

I do the same thing:wah:.
Growinghope

Paper Products

Post by Growinghope »

Me three!!! :wah: For all my sponges I write what they are used for on the side with a permanent marker. I try not to use paper towels but I'll use napkins at home. I agree about the cloth diapers (although they don't make them like they used to) they are perfect for rags.
qsducks

Paper Products

Post by qsducks »

Growinghope;1185139 wrote: Me three!!! :wah: For all my sponges I write what they are used for on the side with a permanent marker. I try not to use paper towels but I'll use napkins at home. I agree about the cloth diapers (although they don't make them like they used to) they are perfect for rags.

If I do buy paper towels I buy Bounty...they seem to work the best and you can reuse them.

Return to “Home Management”