Minamilistic / De clutter

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Ive found now the girls are grown the need to de clutter the house, i dont need half the stuff i hoard. (seriously just one example, you would not believe how many cups i had) So far ive got downstairs done & it looks great. I'm now in the process of doing upstairs, i'm being quite savage, if there's no need for it, it goes.

Did anyone else do this when the kids were up or are you a sentimentalist & just cant part with anything?
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

ahhh a good car boot
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I can't stand clutter. I don't save anything and if something isn't being used it goes straight into the donation bag. :)
Bez

Post by Bez »

I nver really kept clutter but when there's 6 of you a lot of 'stuff' seems to be needed.

when I separated from my husband last year and went from a family house to a 1 bed flat i got rid of shed loads of posessions. A small amount got thrown away, but most went to charity shops and some went to the kids as family keepsakes..

My new home is quite minimalistic ....less work...
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I threw away 4 truck loads of trash/junk this weekend and I have more!!!

I do have a hard time separating the child hood toys and stuff they made though, we have totes full of them!!---in the shed.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Yes !!!! And even stripped rooms and repainted.

Also, it is really satisfying to go through clothes, shoes etc once a year and force yourself to part with things that don't fit or are really not terribly suitable. The old miniskirts that you freeze in, the five inch heels you are too sensible to wear now very often, the black leather which was just a passing phase.... :sneaky:

Seriously, I have a whole room full of books. I want to clear this - toss some, sell some, donate some. Just reduce the number.

Minimalism rocks!!!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yes it does clutter drives me crazy.. :wah:

[QUOTE]Minimalism rocks!!![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Carla!!! It's freezing here, and there's you in a hula skirt!!! Actually I was wicked today - so what's new - stripped off fifty six layers of coats to try on a new season swimming costume - in turquoise and yellow.... ahhhhhhhhhhh... One more bit of clutter, but only in a minimalist kinda way.

:sneaky:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “Home Management”