Home Insurance

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Andrea

Home Insurance

Post by Andrea »

Good Day to Everybody,

Kindly help me. I bought a house last week. I bought it from a good friend of mine. And I want to buy a insurance for it. I am asking some of my friends where did they get their insurance for their house. An by checking for insurance online I came into oneshopinsurance.com has anyone tried online insurance? how effective is the online quote system? can i depend my money on this?

If you have any suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrea
Patsy Warnick

Home Insurance

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Who do you have you car Insurance with?

Usually theres a umbrella package offered - usually theres a disc for several insurances. You should check around.

Homeowners insurance is a must have & you might want to look into homeowners warranty.

Patsy
Erinna1112

Home Insurance

Post by Erinna1112 »

How on earth did you buy a house in the first place without showing proof of insurance? Did you get a mortgage? I've had quite a few mortgages in my time and never once was able to complete the closing without showing that I had insured the property. I don't believe there's a mortgage lender out there who would lend you money without this kind of basic protection of its investment.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
abbey

Home Insurance

Post by abbey »

Andrea;534552 wrote: Good Day to Everybody,

Kindly help me. I bought a house last week. I bought it from a good friend of mine. And I want to buy a insurance for it. I am asking some of my friends where did they get their insurance for their house. An by checking for insurance online I came into oneshopinsurance.com has anyone tried online insurance? how effective is the online quote system? can i depend my money on this?

Thanks,

Andrea
Thanks for sharing, no doubt you'll be back in due course to tell us what a great deal oneshop did for you. :rolleyes:
Bryn Mawr

Home Insurance

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Andrea;534552 wrote: Good Day to Everybody,

Thanks,

Andrea

It would help to know where in the world you are and whether you're looking for bricks and morter or contents insurance.
Bill Sikes

Home Insurance

Post by Bill Sikes »

abbey;534746 wrote: Thanks for sharing, no doubt you'll be back in due course to tell us what a great deal oneslop did for you. :rolleyes:

You have hit the nail on the head, there. Aren't people *trusting*?
spot

Home Insurance

Post by spot »

Bill Sikes;534783 wrote: You have hit the nail on the head, there. Aren't people *trusting*?

I didn't delete the OP because it was interestingly worded, that's the only reason. Nobody has any doubt about its purpose. Besides, I want to see how these strange new advertisers progress. We've had house insurance and tutoring, I expect it'll be feng shui consultancy next.

Would anyone rather that we were tighter on what we leave lying around? I don't mind, it's borderline from my point of view. Maybe it has less redeeming amusement value than I read into it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bill Sikes

Home Insurance

Post by Bill Sikes »

spot;534814 wrote: I didn't delete the OP because it was interestingly worded, that's the only reason. Nobody has any doubt about its purpose. Besides, I want to see how these strange new advertisers progress. We've had house insurance and tutoring, I expect it'll be feng shui consultancy next.

Would anyone rather that we were tighter on what we leave lying around? I don't mind, it's borderline from my point of view. Maybe it has less redeeming amusement value than I read into it.

I'm not sure what FG's moderation policy is, whether there's a "global" policy,

whether it's down to individual moderators' thinking, who the moderators are,

of what happens to deleted psots (deleted, or sidelined somewhere?). I'm not

all that worried about UCE/spam (perhaps URLs should be munged, though),

but would like to know about the above. Any pointers?
spot

Home Insurance

Post by spot »

There's a discussion area. Those who can delete threads and posts start a thread on each that they deal with (unless it's a blitz they mop up), and the deleted material stays visible to them and the deletion can be reversed by anyone (though that's never happened yet). There's occasional comment - usually by the deletor - on borderline events, so that we all have a rough idea of how each of us thinks in these matters. It's totally uncontentious. Last time I counted there were about ten of us who have the rights attached to out login, so there's usually someone about who notices material that needs dealing with. I'm one, koan's one, tombstone occasionally bestirs himself to knock one on the head, the others might prefer to remain unknown (I can't guess, I've no idea whether they would or not).

We can, technically, edit any post as well, but so far that's never happened outside of the Westchiff area (where different rules apply, and which I'd really like to talk people into using if it's finally become uncontroversial).
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Home Insurance

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;534938 wrote: Let's keep them secret, shall we? It's bad enough knowing that you two have the power and are part of the 'secret society'... quite sure I missed the 'big brother' election day event here...:D

Seriously though, it is nice not having the front side clogged up with spammers and such. I personally enjoy responding to these as serious questions, but can understand why others just want them to go away.

For me, this one's proto-spam - it becomes spam when they come back with the punch line and that's when you delete their account.

Return to “Home Management”