25 Service Calls It's a Water Dispenser

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

We purchased a Amana stainless steel side by side Refridgerator. Since our purchase @ 4yrs ago Amana was bought out by Maytag. We also purchased a extended warranty, Thank God. Warranty effective/expiration date is June.

This year 2006 we've had 25 service calls, which include,

Ice Machine Replaced 4 new ice machines - I haven't had a ice cube since

January '06.

Water Leak water leak lasted 3 months - parts were ordered & wrong parts

would arrive.

Compressor New Compressor replaced July '06 - 24th service call.

Thermostats Replaced thermostats/timers/clocks August '06 - 25 service call.

By the 22nd service call, I was calling & writing Maytag and the extended warranty company, claiming the Lemon Law. Maytag stated they're not responsible. The extended warranty company stated all the repairs prior to June'06 didn't apply, this was a new contract as of June.

I'm furious - I have a Beautiful Stainless Steel Water Dispenser..!!(I actually had some Reps laugh at that statement).

August '06, we came to an agreement with the extended warranty company "Lemon Law", and was bought out.

Anyone else seen that Bored Lonely Maytag Man ??

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lemon Law

When 3 service repairs, have been completed on the same component, and that component requires a 4th repair, the Lemon Law applies.

If you have a extended warranty on your appliances - read the small print, usually on back of contract.

Patsy
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Patsy Warnick wrote: We purchased a Amana stainless steel side by side Refridgerator. Since our purchase @ 4yrs ago Amana was bought out by Maytag. We also purchased a extended warranty, Thank God. Warranty effective/expiration date is June.

This year 2006 we've had 25 service calls, which include,

Ice Machine Replaced 4 new ice machines - I haven't had a ice cube since

January '06.

Water Leak water leak lasted 3 months - parts were ordered & wrong parts

would arrive.

Compressor New Compressor replaced July '06 - 24th service call.

Thermostats Replaced thermostats/timers/clocks August '06 - 25 service call.

By the 22nd service call, I was calling & writing Maytag and the extended warranty company, claiming the Lemon Law. Maytag stated they're not responsible. The extended warranty company stated all the repairs prior to June'06 didn't apply, this was a new contract as of June.

I'm furious - I have a Beautiful Stainless Steel Water Dispenser..!!(I actually had some Reps laugh at that statement).

August '06, we came to an agreement with the extended warranty company "Lemon Law", and was bought out.

Anyone else seen that Bored Lonely Maytag Man ??

Patsy

This is my very best advice and it works. Ive used it and friends have used it. Contact your congressman office. He/she have staff on hand that cater to their constituents. They are fast, thorough and carry the kind of heavy stick you need right now. He/she is there to serve you and they want your vote. Do it. I know from personal experience it works. I can almost guarantee you will get results.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Nomad

Thanks, I will contact my congressman, this situation was a mess.

The extended warranty company also authorized a food loss, which they issued a form with a claim number. We filled the form out attached some receipts, only to be refused. I argued, you authorized and gave a claim number, I argued all the way to the top executives - no payment for the food loss. Our Refridgerator defrosted twice in one month, and the max for food loss is $250.00, which adds up fast, and I had current / dated receipts. Refused since our contract was maxed out. What contract balance was remaining is what we received.

Our answer: extended warranty for appliances has a max amount, like a life Ins. policy, I said OK, well you were charged $120.00 per service call, so that's deducted. Are you kidding me, We've had 25 service calls.!! Warranty co. said, well that included the parts.. I said, we had a water leak for 3 months because the right part never arrived & if I had hardwood floors you would be owing me more than the $250.00 food max.. So, this whole episode was a mess - I will contact my congressman.

25 calls X $120.00 = $3000.00

Thanks Again

Patsy
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Ugh...infuriating isnt it ? Its hard to do battle with these companies that dont want to do the right thing. Keep me posted. Id like to know how the congressman try works out.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Home Management”