My roof!!!

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Marie5656

My roof!!!

Post by Marie5656 »

OK, the roof on my house is in serious need to replacement. It is all a mess..and the ceiling in one room is a mess, because of all the rain we had last week.

A couple of Rick's friends, who owe him some favors, have told him they would come out, take a look and repair the roof, just for the cost of the parts. Thing is, they have been promising to come out and look for the past couple of weeks, and keep "forgetting". We really cannot afford to hire someone right now, and Rick wants it done before winter sets in. So we are in a quandry here.:-5
chonsigirl

My roof!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Boy, I understand Marie. My roof is finally supposed to get fixed tomorrow.

You are going to throw a big football din-din with all the goodies-set for after the roof repairs. The guys can come over, do the work in the morning, then let them lounge and take it easy afterwards.
Marie5656

My roof!!!

Post by Marie5656 »

chonsigirl wrote: Boy, I understand Marie. My roof is finally supposed to get fixed tomorrow.

You are going to throw a big football din-din with all the goodies-set for after the roof repairs. The guys can come over, do the work in the morning, then let them lounge and take it easy afterwards.

Sounds like a plan to me..if we can just get them here in the first place.
chonsigirl

My roof!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, plan their favorite dishes.

Oh, maybe through in a prize-best roofer gets a team shirt, or something cool. First claim to the Lazy-Boy during the game.
Marie5656

My roof!!!

Post by Marie5656 »

So yesterday, Rick called our friends ..the ones who have not shown yet and told them it was really important that they come, or we will have to get someone else to do the roof. He told them that the cieling inside is leaking now and he is not a happy camper. :-5

They told him they would **definatly** come out after work on Friday.

Rick wants me to break down both of the computers in the room that is leaking, and get them out of there..just in case.

One thing about Rick, he is a hell of a nice guy, easy to get along with..till you get him angry. You do not want to **** him off.:mad:
cherandbuster

My roof!!!

Post by cherandbuster »

Oh good luck Marie

I hope by Saturday your house will be 'drip-free' :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chocoholic

My roof!!!

Post by chocoholic »

Good luck with your repairs Marie, hope the sun shines for you until then:-6