Upright steam carpet cleaners?

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Does anyone have one of those Hoover or any brand upright steam carpet cleaners? There is one at auction here sat. and I was wondering if they are worth it.
Tigerlily

Post by Tigerlily »

Not sure about steam vaccuum cleaners, but we have a hand-held one and it's wonderful for getting grot out of the rugs and upholstery.
G-man

Post by G-man »

I had a nice one, but then my lil' puppy didn't get along with it so well... and well she killed it! :wah:

It worked pretty well up until then... and they fixed it for me and now I just have to cage up the JRT when I pull it out. :rolleyes:

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

G-man

Post by G-man »

:wah: and golf clubs, guitars, motorcycles... :rolleyes:

venus

Post by venus »

Not sure about upright steam cleaners , but l do have a Bissel on my wish list..one with attatchments to clean the sofa etc too
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
G-man

Post by G-man »

flopstock wrote: brooms, rakes:rolleyes: Oh, of course... mine likes to "ride" on the broom and rake... and the mop, too! :wah: ...and add flashlights to the list, too. :rolleyes:

rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Does anyone have one of those Hoover or any brand upright steam carpet cleaners? There is one at auction here sat. and I was wondering if they are worth it.

We have one. We used it all the time when we had carpeting - couldn't live without it! We tore all the carpeting out though so we've had no use for it in a while.

As far as them being worth it... I'd guess it depends on what type of clean is clean for your household. It is great for getting surface stains out but not deep stains (like a pet mess) :( We still had to call in a professional carpet cleaner to get a real deep clean on occassion. But it certainly is worth it for cleaning what can be seen ;)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Carpet is disgusting. It holds filth and it harbors mites and other really horrible critters. Vacuuming every day isnt too much. A household carpet cleaner is all fluff no stuff. Leave it to the big boys.
I AM AWESOME MAN
rainbowsmiles

Post by rainbowsmiles »

Carpet is disgusting. It holds filth and it harbors mites and other really horrible critters

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! That is why we finally tore our out. Actually I went crazy one day and started cutting it and pulling it up :wah: I was so tired of being congested all the time. Now we have hardwood floors and I don't suffer anymore. :)

Return to “Home Management”