poop

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Nomad

poop

Post by Nomad »

Low Flow Toilets Are Crappy Says Nomad !

Don’t let a bunch of elitist, infrastructure-obsessed, organic-tofu-eating whale-saving, opera-listening, earth-tone-wearing PBS viewers set the election agenda for you, “Let’s start a movement, voters!

FLUSH OUT THE ISSUES

In new homes, chronic problems with toilets typically flow downhill, and complaints eventually reach the builder. An NAHB Research Center survey of builders, property managers, and homeowners last year found that “builder reported they receive more callbacks on low-flow toilets than anything else.” Homeowners blame builders for using inferior products or failing to supply adequate water pressure. A majority of all survey respondents said they had experienced problems with low-flow toilets in the last 12 months.

What happened? Did the entire building and remodeling industry embrace a product with the reliability of a Pontiac Fiero? Bring on the lawyers, the media, the John Grisham novels.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Wolverine

poop

Post by Wolverine »

John Grisham novel??

i thought Howard Stern would be a better choice for a novel about the

Un-Flushable.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Lulu2

poop

Post by Lulu2 »

Nomad, your face is a little bit FLUSHED! Are you going to blow a GASKET? Take a SEAT!

Why can't Americans manufacture an efficient, water-saving, dual flush toilet? People all over the world have them....why can't we? :confused:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

poop

Post by Lulu2 »

So, Hamster, are you saying URINE complete agreement with Nomad?

(SORRYSORRYSORRYSORRYSORRY)

(No...I'm not.) :wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

poop

Post by Lulu2 »

Gee, WHIZZ!
Adam Zapple

poop

Post by Adam Zapple »

If I'm not mistaken, low-flow toilets are a result of environmental regs from the federal government. I read an article not long ago about consumers evacuating American hardware stores in favor of passing into Canada to buy more powerful or at least regular thrones. I don't have time (not sure if my punctuation here should be a comma or a colon) but if someone wants to search the bowels of the internet I'm sure this could be verified.
ZAP

poop

Post by ZAP »

I just wanna say that nothing gets my bowels in an uproar more than having to flush 3 times to get a simple Kleenex to go away! HUMPH!
Crème brûlée

poop

Post by Crème brûlée »

Sorry, this whole subject stinks!:sneaky:
Nomad

poop

Post by Nomad »

Ok I wasnt expecting this and its throwing me off my game. But really if you have to flush twice wheres the savings ?

Not to mention the plunging factor !
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

poop

Post by CARLA »

Nomad I'm with on this big guy they are useless. I spend more time plunging that anyone should have to.. I fixed it myself I turned the pressure up at the valve damit I refuse to flush twice just to get the paper to go down.. :-5 :-5

The other usless water saver is the low flow shower head... took care of that one as well, management put one one, I took the damn thing off..:rolleyes:

[QUOTE]Ok I wasnt expecting this and its throwing me off my game. But really if you have to flush twice wheres the savings ?

Not to mention the plunging factor ![/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

poop

Post by AussiePam »

There's a new Australian movie out called "Kenny". Here's the official website.

http://www.kennythemovie.com/

It's one of the finest movies I've seen lately. And the lead character hires out, and services, portable conveniences (or dunnies as we call them in these parts). Grin. Portapotties in the US, I think.

I am aware that the aussie sense of humour is, well, different - but do hope some of you durned furners get to see the movie. You'll cack yourselves laughing.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

poop

Post by AussiePam »

Thanks Hamster!! Guess they're Portaloos in the UK ?? Grin. Seriously, it's a fun movie though.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Marie5656

poop

Post by Marie5656 »

I was going to comment here, but have changed my mind.
Lulu2

poop

Post by Lulu2 »

Does anyone have any paper?
Nomad

poop

Post by Nomad »

CARLA wrote: Nomad I'm with on this big guy they are useless. I spend more time plunging that anyone should have to.. I fixed it myself I turned the pressure up at the valve damit I refuse to flush twice just to get the paper to go down.. :-5 :-5

The other usless water saver is the low flow shower head... took care of that one as well, management put one one, I took the damn thing off..:rolleyes:

Talk to me muka muka poo ! The shower is covered. Whats this about the terlet valve now ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

poop

Post by CARLA »

Nomie I don't have a state of art toilet but most have valves going into the tank and they can be opened more to increase the water pressure to the tank.. it work on my terlet. there is also a valve in the actual appratus inside the tank that can be taken off to increase pressure.. :D

[QUOTE]Whats this about the terlet valve now ?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Nomad

poop

Post by Nomad »

I imagine you tore off the tag on your mattress too.

Didnt ya ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

poop

Post by CARLA »

Yep sure did, tore the tag of my pillows, electrical cord you name it I took the tags off..:wah:

Low flow Terlet's are a speciality of mine I hate them with a passion. I truly don't see that they save a damn dime period..:-5 :-5

[QUOTE]I imagine you tore off the tag on your mattress too.

Didnt ya ?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Return to “Home Management”