Kitchen Faucets

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Nomad

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Nomad »

I recently bought an overpriced kitchen faucet. In searching for the right one I found that $1000.00 is not unheard of and 3 4 5 $600.00 is very common. The faucet makers are raping us.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Marie5656

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Marie5656 »

Highway robbery. Just for a means for getting the water from the pipes to the glass.
ZAP

Kitchen Faucets

Post by ZAP »

Marie5656 wrote: Highway robbery. Just for a means for getting the water from the pipes to the glass.

I feel the same way, but my daughter who is an artist pays a lot for esthetically correct ones.
Peg

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Peg »

Nomad wrote: I recently bought an overpriced kitchen faucet. In searching for the right one I found that $1000.00 is not unheard of and 3 4 5 $600.00 is very common. The faucet makers are raping us.
And people are actually crazy enough to pay this!
Sheryl

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Sheryl »

They are expensive. We paid $200 for my last one. It's really cool though. It looks alot like the one in the pic attached. In the place of my old pull out spray nozzle I have a built in soap dispenser. :D

Attached files
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Marie5656

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Marie5656 »

When I was having this house built, I was told I just HAD to get Moen faucets..they were the best. My kitchen faucet broke inside of two years. The replacement is not in the best of shape. Have had to replace the sprayer twice. When I do get a new kitchen faucet I want one similar to what Nomad pictured..where the sprayer is part of the faucet..and it is higher.
CARLA

Kitchen Faucets

Post by CARLA »

It is a Faucet keep it in perspective gang... they all get old, rust, and break.. nothing last forever so buy the middle of the road priced one, they will just as long, if not longer then the $1,000.00 ones.

Remember nothing is made with the quality of years gone by. Everything is massed produced so keep that in mind..:-2 Your going to want to change it in 5 years any way, so don't think life time on FAUCETS..
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

cherandbuster

Kitchen Faucets

Post by cherandbuster »

Zapata wrote: I feel the same way, but my daughter who is an artist pays a lot for esthetically correct ones.

I can understand that, ZChick (that's my new nickname for you)

If it's something that you look at and use every single day, it should give you pleasure.

It would make me smile inside every time I used it. :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

Kitchen Faucets

Post by chonsigirl »

I didn't pay that much for mine, it was around $100 or less. Very spiffy one too, with the spray nozzle and everything.
CARLA

Kitchen Faucets

Post by CARLA »

:D Yes Chons and a wise consumer your are. It is will do the exact same thing as the $1,000 one.. and the cost saving might allow you to buy a brand new shinny toaster.

Yes Arnold you call it a Tap we call it a Faucet.. :wah:

[QUOTE]I didn't pay that much for mine, it was around $100 or less. Very spiffy one too, with the spray nozzle and everything.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Nomad »

Well I asked about the prices and the guy said its all in the finish and design. People who lay granite countertops down arent going to chince on the sink and faucet.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Rapunzel

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Rapunzel »

It's money down the drain! :wah:
cherandbuster

Kitchen Faucets

Post by cherandbuster »

Rapunzel wrote: It's money down the drain! :wah:

Well said, my friend, well said! :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Nomad

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Nomad »

Rapunzel wrote: It's money down the drain! :wah:

:yh_cry

Attached files
I AM AWESOME MAN
Saffron

Kitchen Faucets

Post by Saffron »

Sorry I cannot contribute anything to this thread. I know nothing about faucets. :lips:

Your Kitty Forum

My Website
guppy

Kitchen Faucets

Post by guppy »

nomad-dont you have to put a sealer on granit every so many years to keep the finish on it?

dont forget to get the little soap dispenser put in on your sinks. that way when the bottle underneath breaks in a few years and u go to replace it. you will find out it is no longer being manufactured and u can buy a whole new soap dispenser!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
nvalleyvee

Kitchen Faucets

Post by nvalleyvee »

I love my new faucets..........:confused: I used to buy the $25.00 kind that broke every 6 months - you know the kind with the fake crystal handles. I certainly didn't pay $1000.00 ...........not even for the 7 new ones I bought - but almost that much for all of them. I wanted everything to match, be pretty and WORK CORRECTLY FOR YEARS.........I was renovating the entire house.

Dang I even bought door locks that matched the color of all my faucets......:p
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Home Management”