Water heater questions

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
Marie5656

Water heater questions

Post by Marie5656 »

My water heater is as old as my house, 12 years. Here is a problem I have consistently been having. First, I live in a double wide mobile home, if that is significant for your response.

It seems almost every time we have a period of heavy wind, the pilot on my water heater goes out. Thus, it means getting down on the floor, achy knees and hips, to relight it.

Any suggestions on how I can remedy this? I can go months without a problem, or, as recently, twice in the last month (most recent today)

Suggestions?
Lon

Water heater questions

Post by Lon »

If you do not have an isulating pad around your water heater, you may wish to pick one up. Sometimes wind drafts will blow out the pilot and the insulating pad could cover the bottom slots on your heater.
Marie5656

Water heater questions

Post by Marie5656 »

Lon wrote: If you do not have an isulating pad around your water heater, you may wish to pick one up. Sometimes wind drafts will blow out the pilot and the insulating pad could cover the bottom slots on your heater.

Hmmm, Lon, never cosidered that. We are going to the home and garden

store next weekend to pick up some things, I will have to check and see if they have any. Thanks

Return to “Home Management”