Clutter Buster Suggestion

A forum to discuss Home Economics. Tips and tricks to run your household.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Get rid of 7 things each day. Get rid of paper you no longer need, email you're done reading, plastic containers that have been gathering dust, and basically anything else that isn't of any use to you. If you get rid of 7 things each day for the entire year, you will have lightened your load by 2,555 items by the start of 2007!

orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

Great idea for those who like to hang on to stuff, me, if I haven't used it in six months out it goes, I can't stand clutter.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That is a good suggestion Sojo, but I will leave the dust bunnies under my bed.:)
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

orangesox1 wrote: Great idea for those who like to hang on to stuff, me, if I haven't used it in six months out it goes, I can't stand clutter.
I admire your discipline. However, it seems just about the time I've finally decided to relinquish something --- Bang! I need it and I hate myself for having held on to it for as long as I did and then throwing it out right before I could have used it.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

chonsigirl wrote: That is a good suggestion Sojo, but I will leave the dust bunnies under my bed.:)
Everyone needs pets. Besides, I've heard they eat spiders.

SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote:
That's really cool. However do you come up with these so quickly?!
minks

Post by minks »

SOJOURNER wrote: Get rid of 7 things each day. Get rid of paper you no longer need, email you're done reading, plastic containers that have been gathering dust, and basically anything else that isn't of any use to you. If you get rid of 7 things each day for the entire year, you will have lightened your load by 2,555 items by the start of 2007!

but but what if I need those "things" down the line? Ohhhhh nooooo can't part with my "stuff" hehehehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

minks wrote: but but what if I need those "things" down the line? Ohhhhh nooooo can't part with my "stuff" hehehehehehe
I fully understand. I have this same problem. That is why I read all these wonderful little hints in the hope of being able to simplify my life. Trouble is nothing has worked, yet.
minks

Post by minks »

SOJOURNER wrote: I fully understand. I have this same problem. That is why I read all these wonderful little hints in the hope of being able to simplify my life. Trouble is nothing has worked, yet.

some gasoline, a match and run like heck is the only thing I see that could possibly work for uncluttering my life hehehehehe

― Mae West
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

minks wrote: some gasoline, a match and run like heck is the only thing I see that could possibly work for uncluttering my life hehehehehe
Yeah, but then you have to break the arson habit.
minks

Post by minks »

SOJOURNER wrote: Yeah, but then you have to break the arson habit.

oh right.... darn that's no fun.

― Mae West
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

Sojo, just leave the house for the day and let your daughters have at it!

I really don't see your problem if it's stuff you never use. Throw it out or let someone else do it for ya!

Better to do it now than let someone come across stuff ya don't want 'em seeing when they have to do it!
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I don't like crap hanging around either. My attitude is throw it - forget about it. I get to clutter bust in the house BUT I'd get both hands shot off if I tried that in the garage..............:wah:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Peg

Post by Peg »

My house is so freaking cluttered it drives me crazy. The problem is, for every 7 things I throw out, hubby will bring 8 things in.:-5
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Peg wrote: My house is so freaking cluttered it drives me crazy. The problem is, for every 7 things I throw out, hubby will bring 8 things in.:-5

On the way home from the dump - he stops at EVERY YARD SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Peg

Post by Peg »

Sounds like you know him!
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Peg wrote: Sounds like you know him!

Know him.........I live with his adopted brother!
Peg

Post by Peg »

LMAO! My stepdaughter, my daughter, and my son all got me pretty smelling stuff for Christmas. He came home with more today because it was a "deal he couldn't pass up". Think they are trying to tell me something?:-3
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

I tried this getting rid of 7 items suggestion today and was most successful. Not only did I trash and pass on 7, but much more cause I couldn't stop at just 7. Now if I can just do it again tomorrow and the next day, etc. WOW. I'll be able to rent out rooms by the end of next year.
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

SOJOURNER wrote: I tried this getting rid of 7 items suggestion today and was most successful. Not only did I trash and pass on 7, but much more cause I couldn't stop at just 7. Now if I can just do it again tomorrow and the next day, etc. WOW. I'll be able to rent out rooms by the end of next year.
Great news Sojo....finally making progress!

Rent rooms? You take in borders?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I keep reading the title of this thread as 'Clutter Butter Suggestion' :-5
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Lately I've been doing this thing where whenever I bring home something new, I get rid of two things. So if I get a sweater, I'll get rid of two other shirts. Not only does that help with the clutter, it actually keeps purchases down because I think about what I'll get rid of when I bring home my new stuff.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Betty Boop wrote: I keep reading the title of this thread as 'Clutter Butter Suggestion' :-5

It's brainwashing Betty...you start associating everything with b****r !:thinking:
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

actionfigurestepho wrote: Lately I've been doing this thing where whenever I bring home something new, I get rid of two things. So if I get a sweater, I'll get rid of two other shirts. Not only does that help with the clutter, it actually keeps purchases down because I think about what I'll get rid of when I bring home my new stuff.
Hey that a good idea to whittle ones self down to where we should be..... :cool:
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Lil~Basco wrote: Great news Sojo....finally making progress!

Rent rooms? You take in borders?
You coming for a visit?? :)
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

SOJOURNER wrote: You coming for a visit?? :)
lemme see.....if you got the room, I'll make the time! :D
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Lil~Basco wrote: lemme see.....if you got the room, I'll make the time! :D

So when will you arrive?:rolleyes:
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

SOJOURNER wrote: So when will you arrive?:rolleyes:
Did ya get all your clutter cleaned up and open up them there extra rooms....cuz if'n you did....how 'bout next year? ;)
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Lil~Basco wrote: Did ya get all your clutter cleaned up and open up them there extra rooms....cuz if'n you did....how 'bout next year? ;)

NO.:-1

Clutter from the public rooms are gone, but where we stashed it, you don't want to see..............:(

It's gonna take a bit more time, but I'm working on it. :sneaky:
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

SOJOURNER wrote: NO.:-1

Clutter from the public rooms are gone, but where we stashed it, you don't want to see..............:(

It's gonna take a bit more time, but I'm working on it. :sneaky:
ahahahaha....I see! :D
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Lil~Basco wrote: ahahahaha....I see! :D
Basco, there is ALWAYS tomorrow.................. :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Lil~Basco

Post by Lil~Basco »

SOJOURNER wrote: Basco, there is ALWAYS tomorrow.................. :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Yes, yes there is....and, the day after that, and the next day after that! :wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

How come I seem to only get rid of other family members clutter but my own?:wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

Gawd... i just choked on my beer, i thought this thread said Clutter Butter Suggestion! :eek:
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

I signed up for the Flylady site. Supposed to help you get on routine to keep your house clean. Problem was emails would clutter up my inbox, so had to stop that.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Me Mo

Post by Me Mo »

De-cluttering is not as easy as it sounds :-5 After all why did you get the item in the first place :-2 answer because you wanted it :-5

I am having a serious de-clutter happening also I am going to be ebaying stuff as well, that may be encourage me :)
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man: Mark Twain

Return to “Home Management”