Burkhini?

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
AnneBoleyn

Burkhini?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

PS--I also think, like you Guppers, that outfits covering the face should NOT be allowed in public. Screws up the CCTV which, though imposing, is there to offer some sort of protection. There used to be a law in New York City which outlawed face coverings, masks, don't know where that went. Don't find it offensive, covering the face, find it counter-productive in today's world. And some Muslim women have sued to have face covered in driver's license pictures! Don't know how that went, hope it was not allowed.
Bryn Mawr

Burkhini?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1503745 wrote: PS--I also think, like you Guppers, that outfits covering the face should NOT be allowed in public. Screws up the CCTV which, though imposing, is there to offer some sort of protection. There used to be a law in New York City which outlawed face coverings, masks, don't know where that went. Don't find it offensive, covering the face, find it counter-productive in today's world. And some Muslim women have sued to have face covered in driver's license pictures! Don't know how that went, hope it was not allowed.

And bypassing the face check at the airport is a definite no-no.
Guppers

Burkhini?

Post by Guppers »

Bryn Mawr;1503746 wrote: And bypassing the face check at the airport is a definite no-no.

AnneBoleyn;1503745 wrote: PS--I also think, like you Guppers, that outfits covering the face should NOT be allowed in public. Screws up the CCTV which, though imposing, is there to offer some sort of protection. There used to be a law in New York City which outlawed face coverings, masks, don't know where that went. Don't find it offensive, covering the face, find it counter-productive in today's world. And some Muslim women have sued to have face covered in driver's license pictures! Don't know how that went, hope it was not allowed.

AnneBoleyn;1503744 wrote: Was actually reacting to "my job is done." I'm very glad to see you back responding. It is reality that of course people have different opinions. But banned? Don't you think that is a bit extreme? In my neighborhood, at local beaches, there are many Orthodox Jewish women. They go swimming in ankle length dresses, long sleeves, head coverings. Do I like it? I don't think it matters. A while back, Patsy objected to obese women in bikinis when she visited Hawaii. That caused an outrage, ask her!!!!!!! Where I live, most people are Russian immigrants. Many of them are Peasant Obese & wear bikinis. Do I like it? I don't think it matters. What I objected to with your comment was it's Muslim base. Do you feel the same way about the Orthodox Jewish women I described? It's basically the same outfit & the First Amendment provides for them to express their religions. Do I like it? I don't think it matters. We don't ban stuff like that in America -- it is UNconstitutional. It does worry me that Trumpeteers, many of them, rely more on emotion than on facts like that.

I am sorry to have insulted you. Please accept my apology.
Thank you. When I posted my job was done.i was playing. When I saw I had guppers at the end of every thread on the page...lol no. I have no problem with what people wear . I read a lot about women being raped by Muslim refugees in Europe and their excuse is the women were exposing skin...the lack of self responsibility by these men makes me sick. So I question...are these women wearing burkhinis out of modesty and free will? Or out of protection, and the fear of rape and or retaliation..
Bryn Mawr

Burkhini?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Guppers;1503748 wrote: Thank you. When I posted my job was done.i was playing. When I saw I had guppers at the end of every thread on the page...lol no. I have no problem with what people wear . I read a lot about women being raped by Muslim refugees in Europe and their excuse is the women were exposing skin...the lack of self responsibility by these men makes me sick. So I question...are these women wearing burkhinis out of modesty and free will? Or out of protection, and the fear of rape and or retaliation..

Is it lack of responsibility or an excuse that they have learnt that they can get away with?

In any case of rape the rapist should be punished to the full extent of the law regardless of their race, colour or creed.
AnneBoleyn

Burkhini?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Guppers;1503748 wrote: Thank you. When I posted my job was done.i was playing. When I saw I had guppers at the end of every thread on the page...lol no. I have no problem with what people wear . I read a lot about women being raped by Muslim refugees in Europe and their excuse is the women were exposing skin...the lack of self responsibility by these men makes me sick. So I question...are these women wearing burkhinis out of modesty and free will? Or out of protection, and the fear of rape and or retaliation..

I'm sure many of the women are devout. I'm also sure, because I read this is so, that fear and conformity (& that includes the opinions of other women) play a large part as well. Point being, I am not the decider as to what motivates anyone to behave the way they do. Admit I wish I were. I consider the Orthodox Jewish women to be in a similar quandry. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I know for sure not in all cases am I wrong. Amish? Fundamentalists? Mormons? There are many cults amongst us, aren't there? You've counted, I think, 20 something honor killings a year in the USA. What about the other groups? They kill also. Who, and why? Doubt if they have a "better" reason.

Return to “Travel Vacation”