Couple have one State left to see.

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Wandrin,

I thought of you when I read this article:

Longmont couple one state short of seeing all 50 states - Longmont Times-Call.

The wife and I are pretty close behind them. We have yet to make it to North Dakota or Hawaii.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1445741 wrote: Wandrin,

I thought of you when I read this article:

Longmont couple one state short of seeing all 50 states - Longmont Times-Call.

The wife and I are pretty close behind them. We have yet to make it to North Dakota or Hawaii.

And does each state really have its own distinct character?
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Bryn Mawr;1445759 wrote: And does each state really have its own distinct character?

Indeed.

There are some that blend together a bit and develop a more regional character, but most states definitely offer something different than their neighbors.
- DH Lawrence
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I've found that regions have distinct personalities. Sometimes these regions cross state lines and sometimes they are within a state. For example the western mountains of Virginia have more in common with the mountains of North Carolina than with the coastal communities. Another region would be the intersection of Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. It is quite different than northern Missouri, western Oklahoma, or eastern Arkansas.

I haven't been to Hawaii yet, and there are far too many states that I have just driven through, without taking the time to learn and absorb and explore. Just talking about it has me itching to go wandrin.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I've bee to North Dakota....trust me you didn't miss anything.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Our son drives a truck, hauling oil rigging equipment. He says that whatever there was to see in North Dakota before the Bakken discovery is now buried under tons of extraction equipment. It is pretty ugly, these days.
- DH Lawrence
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

LarsMac;1446076 wrote: Our son drives a truck, hauling oil rigging equipment. He says that whatever there was to see in North Dakota before the Bakken discovery is now buried under tons of extraction equipment. It is pretty ugly, these days.

My wife and her family are from North Dakota. Been there enough. Just come back to Kansas, click your heels three times and blink, you've pretty much seen North Dakota.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Oh I forgot to add, be sure and do it during the summer months or your heels are likely to freeze together and you'll fall down and break your nose.
High Threshold

Post by High Threshold »

Saint_;1446075 wrote: I've bee to North Dakota....trust me you didn't miss anything.

You must not have had a pint at "Our Place" in Bismark. A cozy tavern in the winter. Nice people too!
abortretryfail

Post by abortretryfail »

I have been to all states. I am not completely certain about Arkansas as I was a child when I was there and have no memory. The last two I had were Maine and Alaska, but finished those in 2012. :)
brightlikeme

Post by brightlikeme »

Wow, I think there is no stone unturned .....

I love such a couple who are fun loving

Return to “Travel Vacation”