Off to Germany

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

I'm off to Berlin in June and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where I might visit. I'd like to add that I will be accompanied by what will be my 15 month old child so nothing that flips and exceeds 40 mph please...
Bruv

Off to Germany

Post by Bruv »

K.Snyder;1382858 wrote: I'm off to Berlin in June and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where I might visit. I'd like to add that I will be accompanied by what will be my 15 month old child so nothing that flips and exceeds 40 mph please...

Are you leaving Mom at home ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1382886 wrote: Are you leaving Mom at home ?No, the mother of me child is going along. It's just that she will be incredibly busy during the 3 weeks we will be there and having only the spare time for us as a family in the evenings and on the weekends.
Bryn Mawr

Off to Germany

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Sadly, not a place I've visited but it's on the list so I'd be interested in a report back.
Bruv

Off to Germany

Post by Bruv »

K.Snyder;1382889 wrote: No, the mother of me child is going along. It's just that she will be incredibly busy during the 3 weeks we will be there and having only the spare time for us as a family in the evenings and on the weekends.

I am sorry Kevin please don't take umbrage.......but......"No, the mother of me child is going along." ?

Does that mean you have a strange new age relationship, or are you travelling as a family ?

You don't have to answer if it would incriminate you........................................................................................lol
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1382950 wrote: Does that mean you have a strange new age relationship, or are you travelling as a family ?

In the context of my society I'd say we have a strange new age relationship because we are traveling together as a family.
Oscar Namechange

Off to Germany

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My Turkish pals go every Christmas and love the pace but sorry, can't hep with the sights to see.

Just enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time Kevvy Wevvy Woo and make sure you get some Pics for Facebook.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

oscar;1383022 wrote: My Turkish pals go every Christmas and love the pace but sorry, can't hep with the sights to see.

Just enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time Kevvy Wevvy Woo and make sure you get some Pics for Facebook.Thank you, Oscy Woscy Woo...

I'll get some great pics and show them...

Come to think of it we'll be leaving, shortly thereafter, for Colombia as well and I have no doubt the photos from there will rival that of any part of the world...
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Lon's thread, along with a certain short and sweet survey, has reminded me that I should update this chapter in my life.

My excitement seems to have gotten the better of me as quite alot has happened after opening this thread(more on that in a minute)...

Firstly, the opportunity to travel to Greece a week prior to our intended trip to Berlin, which fits much better for our current circumstances, has arose and we have taken quite an interest to go. Secondly, it's taken quite some time to hear back of the financial situation involving the expense to travel to Berlin(Of which my fiancee has been invited to these Topology seminars, the details of which can be found here)

it's taken quite some time to hear back of the financial situation involving the trip to Berlin along with the wishes of my fiancees immediate family to see our daughter for the first time we've decided that my daughter and I will have to skip the talks in Berlin this year and I am to head straight for Colombia after Greece...

I apologize, but I would like to add that it's not a matter of "if" but when I travel to Berlin and all of Germany and I'd like to also respectfully request that the name of this thread be changed to exclude "Berlin" as a trip to Germany, and even in the near future I'd suspect, is more than immanent.

My apologies, thank you for the responses
Bryn Mawr

Off to Germany

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;1391308 wrote: Lon's thread, along with a certain short and sweet survey, has reminded me that I should update this chapter in my life.

My excitement seems to have gotten the better of me as quite alot has happened after opening this thread(more on that in a minute)...

Firstly, the opportunity to travel to Greece a week prior to our intended trip to Berlin, which fits much better for our current circumstances, has arose and we have taken quite an interest to go. Secondly, it's taken quite some time to hear back of the financial situation involving the expense to travel to Berlin(Of which my fiancee has been invited to these Topology seminars, the details of which can be found here)

it's taken quite some time to hear back of the financial situation involving the trip to Berlin along with the wishes of my fiancees immediate family to see our daughter for the first time we've decided that my daughter and I will have to skip the talks in Berlin this year and I am to head straight for Colombia after Greece...

I apologize, but I would like to add that it's not a matter of "if" but when I travel to Berlin and all of Germany and I'd like to also respectfully request that the name of this thread be changed to exclude "Berlin" as a trip to Germany, and even in the near future I'd suspect, is more than immanent.

My apologies, thank you for the responses

To be honest, a week's holiday in Greece as a family sounds better than three weeks in Berlin stressing over the work life balance - Berlin will still be there when you get the chance to do it properly :-)

I've change the thread title but note that it's only changed the title of the first post, not all of them.
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1391326 wrote: To be honest, a week's holiday in Greece as a family sounds better than three weeks in Berlin stressing over the work life balance - Berlin will still be there when you get the chance to do it properly :-)

I've change the thread title but note that it's only changed the title of the first post, not all of them.That's great thank you. The initial thread title is enough to encourage posts from experiences all over Germany, as ,of course, there are seminars all across the country and not just in Berlin.

And yes, we've decided that Greece is far too good to pass up. Of course my fiancee will be going to Berlin anyway, but, again, she's invited more to Germany so this is something we cannot pass up.
rajakrsna

Off to Germany

Post by rajakrsna »

Wishing you a happy & safe trip with your family to Berlin. What a coincidence, my friend & I yesterday were discussing about Adolph Hitler. That there were something like 40 assassination attempts against his life. My friend ( Kaustubha ) told me the reason why he gassed the Jews in Auschwitz was out of revenge. Hitler was a painter & the portrait he painted during a contest where the Judges were Jews did not give him a prize for his work. He`s alleged father, Dr Jose Rizal was a painter, a sculptor, an eye doctor, etc.
Om namo bagavate vasudevaya, " God is the Cause of All causes."
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

rajakrsna;1391354 wrote: What a coincidence, my friend & I yesterday were discussing about Adolph Hitler.
Wow,that is quite a coincidence because I was wondering exactly what we should discuss among the locals during my trip to Germany. Doesn't matter for the time being though I suppose.
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

I'm providing a link here for my own reference as well as for others...The response being from Savage, a member...

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... ost1391550
AnneBoleyn

Off to Germany

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Have a great trip! Be safe & happy!
fuzzywuzzy

Off to Germany

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Gosh where do I start? you've got seminars in lots of different places around Germany? Hhhmmmm you know it's only a short train ride to other countrys too?

Almost every german speaks english so there's no worries there ..You have to do the Rhine that's a given . 'Nurmburg is gorgeous ...Castles on the hills either side of the Rhine. I'm friends with you on FB arent I ? I'll put some pics up . (when I can find them )
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

fuzzywuzzy;1391649 wrote: Gosh where do I start? you've got seminars in lots of different places around Germany? Hhhmmmm you know it's only a short train ride to other countrys too?

Almost every german speaks english so there's no worries there ..You have to do the Rhine that's a given . 'Nurmburg is gorgeous ...Castles on the hills either side of the Rhine. I'm friends with you on FB arent I ? I'll put some pics up . (when I can find them )Thank you fuzzy.

The problem with traveling alot within the country is that my fiancee(whatever I'm supposed to call my soon to be spouse) is that she will be working with the university she's been invited to give a talk for most of the day so she cannot come along. She most certainly would like to see us(our daughter and I) when she gets to the hotel and that we may then all go out as a family...

But I will most certainly keep your suggestions in mind, and I too will post some pics from her last trip to Samos, Greece, which is where we're headed in the first week of June as, of course, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I will be unable to join her for her stay in Berlin but for the one day on our way to Greece. Then, she'll be traveling back to Berlin while I'm to head straight off to Colombia...
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Ok, so we've decided that we do not have the funds for the extra ticket to Greece so it looks like my chance to visit Europe will be postponed until perhaps next year. I suppose at this rate I won't get much past the Ohio River.

Anyway, we're definitely making the trip to Colombia
AnneBoleyn

Off to Germany

Post by AnneBoleyn »

The title "fiancee" gets a bad rap in my book. If you watch "Maury" (which is a riot) you will see a fiancee is a person who has not yet committed to marriage who you have children with. What's the hold-up with getting married Kev? Please don't make the mistake of thinking I'm being judgmental, because I don't care, but I do admit to curiosity as to your situation. Anyway, be more creative than "fiancee". IMO.
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

AnneBoleyn;1395008 wrote: The title "fiancee" gets a bad rap in my book. If you watch "Maury" (which is a riot) you will see a fiancee is a person who has not yet committed to marriage who you have children with. What's the hold-up with getting married Kev? Please don't make the mistake of thinking I'm being judgmental, because I don't care, but I do admit to curiosity as to your situation. Anyway, be more creative than "fiancee". IMO.
I suppose the hold up is that we're getting married in Colombia.
Bruv

Off to Germany

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1395008 wrote: The title "fiancee" gets a bad rap in my book. If you watch "Maury" (which is a riot) you will see a fiancee is a person who has not yet committed to marriage who you have children with. What's the hold-up with getting married Kev? Please don't make the mistake of thinking I'm being judgmental, because I don't care, but I do admit to curiosity as to your situation. Anyway, be more creative than "fiancee". IMO.
God forbid he adopts the current "Partner".............what does that mean exactly?
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1395045 wrote: God forbid he adopts the current "Partner".............what does that mean exactly?I have said "partner".

It's just that it sounds like we're a crime fighting unit that's all
AnneBoleyn

Off to Germany

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Columbia? The country or university?
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

AnneBoleyn;1395067 wrote: Columbia? The country or university?The country
AnneBoleyn

Off to Germany

Post by AnneBoleyn »

:-6Congratulations & happy times for your future & your present!:-6
Bruv

Off to Germany

Post by Bruv »

K.Snyder;1395055 wrote: I have said "partner".

It's just that it sounds like we're a crime fighting unit that's all

Or a catch all for same sex partnerships, heterosexual pairings, and business relationships.

Fiancee is alright with me, or Girlfriend, Mother of my children at a push.
Bruv

Off to Germany

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1395067 wrote: Columbia? The country or university?

ColOmbia, where all the best gear comes from ?
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

AnneBoleyn;1395099 wrote: :-6Congratulations & happy times for your future & your present!:-6Thank you very much, and to you as well
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1395126 wrote: ColOmbia, where all the best gear comes from ?If by "gear" you mean coffee I would say that's most assuredly a yes...
AnneBoleyn

Off to Germany

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Great coffee. Columbian gold.
K.Snyder

Off to Germany

Post by K.Snyder »

Bruv;1395126 wrote: ColOmbia, where all the best gear comes from ?"Gear" would be an astounding "yes" in the context of textiles.
alberto65

Off to Germany

Post by alberto65 »

In western of horseshoe in Berlin is the advantage of the parks from the Britz property, in which can be found the very pretty Britz Building. It has great attraction for visitors.
Link removed by moderator
VincentLeclerc

Off to Germany

Post by VincentLeclerc »

s this mean that you have a strange new era in the relationship, or are you as a family?

Return to “Travel Vacation”