Wii Want More

koan

Wii Want More

Post by koan »

The Wii craze has reached older generations and gotten couch potatoes whipped into an activity frenzy. Gaming used to be considered a contributer to overweight problems in N America but maybe wii can change that image.

Not content to settle for approved games and leave the mysterious box alone, programmers are diving in to see what else they can make the game do.

story

Last Christmas at my parents' house, wii was the main event. How else does one manage to knock a relative out cold and not get charged for it? :wah:
Omni_Skittles

Wii Want More

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I love the Wii! It's a god at our school! Boxing is my favorite but i never win...
Smoke signals ftw!
Chezzie

Wii Want More

Post by Chezzie »

:-6We bought my daughter a wii for her birthday last week, its awesome and knocks spots off the ps2.

Good workout on some games too.:-6
koan

Wii Want More

Post by koan »

If you read the article, some people are saying they can control their vacuum cleaner with the wii remote. :D
Galbally

Wii Want More

Post by Galbally »

A couple of my friends have these Wii's they are a great laugh, and its great to be allowed to jump around again and go mental chopping skeletons or whatever at 36. I lost interest in video games and all that malarky years ago, but I can see why this new thing is fun again! :-)
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

I've been a Nintendo fan for years and years, and bought my Wii on the day it came out and love every minute that I'm playing. It's nice to see that it has appealed to every kind of person and not just classified as 'one' of those young game people trends (my dad's words for it mind you!)

My personal favourite game at the moment is Big Brain Academy, it's great, I play it at least once a day, and realy feel as though it's helping me!
Galbally

Wii Want More

Post by Galbally »

Oh BTW I won a Nintendo DS on a txt in competition, I have heard of that brain teaser thing, is it any good then? I don't have the little yolk yet, but its a nice little thing to win init!

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well the game I referred to is only a Wii game, not sure whether there is a DS version, but I know the DS has a whole selection of similar games such as Brain Training, which is another game I have and love. It's very simple and lots of fun to play, I'm sure you may have seen the advert for it starring Nicole Kidman. I would highly recommend it for everyone!

Oh and congrats on winning the comp, wish I was able to do that one day hehehe.

Oh and on a side note, I am a sad gamer, so if anyone has any questions or wants some advice, just let me know I'll be happy to help if I can! :)
Chezzie

Wii Want More

Post by Chezzie »

Galbally;784784 wrote: Oh BTW I won a Nintendo DS on a txt in competition, I have heard of that brain teaser thing, is it any good then? I don't have the little yolk yet, but its a nice little thing to win init!

My kids love their nintendo ds........brain train is good, as is sight train and all the other games......fab fun!:-6
Galbally

Wii Want More

Post by Galbally »

Yeah, I just got it today, it came with Brain Academy, its a brilliant laugh, god its a very advanced little yolk isn't it? Technology is amazing really, I don't even think about how advanced things are any more, I just kinda take it for granted. You must recommend some games than someone my age group would like to play on it. :-6

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Chezzie

Wii Want More

Post by Chezzie »

Galbally;785604 wrote: Yeah, I just got it today, it came with Brain Academy, its a brilliant laugh, god its a very advanced little yolk isn't it? Technology is amazing really, I don't even think about how advanced things are any more, I just kinda take it for granted. You must recommend some games than someone my age group would like to play on it. :-6

Touchmaster

Brain Age (sudoku included)

Big Brain academy

Polarium

New York Times crossword

Club House Games

New Super Mario Bros ( everyone likes super mario )

Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day

Left Brain, Right Brain

Rhythm N Notes: Improve Your Music Skills

Master Jin Jin's IQ Challenge
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Galbally;785604 wrote: Yeah, I just got it today, it came with Brain Academy, its a brilliant laugh, god its a very advanced little yolk isn't it? Technology is amazing really, I don't even think about how advanced things are any more, I just kinda take it for granted. You must recommend some games than someone my age group would like to play on it. :-6

I'm glad you are enjoying it, it is a lot of fun isn't it and pretty addictive.

I hear today that the new fitness game with mat and other doodahs is coming out at the end of April. Mind you it is a rip-off at £70, but hopefully it will get reduced soon, and then I should get it. I never thought I would be getting fit from a game! :wah:

As for recommendations, you will have to let me know what kind of things you might be looking for, and what you really aren't interested in, (I still assume we are talking about your new DS here and not the Wii, if I'm wrong please correct me.)

If so then on a similiar line you could try Sight Training or Math training, both of which are simple and fun. Or there is 42 All time Classic games, that uses the functions of the DS to relief some fun classic old games. You could also try Wario Ware touched which has some hilarious variety of games that again or simple and yet fun.

Plenty to choose from! :-6
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Chezzie;785766 wrote: Touchmaster

Brain Age (sudoku included)

Big Brain academy

Polarium

New York Times crossword

Club House Games

New Super Mario Bros ( everyone likes super mario )

Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day

Left Brain, Right Brain

Rhythm N Notes: Improve Your Music Skills

Master Jin Jin's IQ Challenge

Good choices Chezzie!

I definately recommend New Super Mario Bros! :)
qsducks

Wii Want More

Post by qsducks »

Super Mario Galaxy is really good. Been playing that since Christmas and older son has already beat it. I myself like the bowling. Another good game is Rayman Raving Rabbids and Acme Arsenal.
Chezzie

Wii Want More

Post by Chezzie »

qsducks;785806 wrote: Super Mario Galaxy is really good. Been playing that since Christmas and older son has already beat it. I myself like the bowling. Another good game is Rayman Raving Rabbids and Acme Arsenal.

ohhh I love cow flinging (rayman raving rabbids) :wah::wah::wah:
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well for the Wii you have to get Wii Sports (that usually comes with the console,) Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball and maybe Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.

Oh and if you like Mario Kart then the new one is out in about a month (I can hardly wait myself!!) :-6
Galbally

Wii Want More

Post by Galbally »

Thanks for all those recommendations and bits of advice, I will definitely have a look see in the shop to see what ones I can get, there is some thing on the front that comes out of the device, is this where a game-pack goes in? Because it says on the opening screen thing that a game pack has not been added or something, just wondering. :thinking:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
WonderWendy3

Wii Want More

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Ours is broken!!:-1:-1

The world has stopped turning....how do we live without guitar hero:guitarist??? It can't be so!!!:-1:-1
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Galbally;787064 wrote: Thanks for all those recommendations and bits of advice, I will definitely have a look see in the shop to see what ones I can get, there is some thing on the front that comes out of the device, is this where a game-pack goes in? Because it says on the opening screen thing that a game pack has not been added or something, just wondering. :thinking:

Well the DS has the stylus pen that obviously comes in and out and two game slots - one at the top just next to the pen which is where your small DS games go, and a bigger one at the bottom which is for old Game Boy cartridges which you are not going to have. Other than that there really isn't too much else to it.

I hope that helped, oh and good luck with your search. Most games should be at most £25, though usually less than £20!
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

WonderWendy3;787077 wrote: Ours is broken!!:-1:-1

The world has stopped turning....how do we live without guitar hero:guitarist??? It can't be so!!!:-1:-1

Poor you!!

You must be really unlucky because so few Wii consoles tend to break down. You should try contacting Nintendo and see if they can help you, and get back to strumming that guitar again!
kayleneaussie

Wii Want More

Post by kayleneaussie »

[QUOTE=chrisb84uk;787086]Well the DS has the stylus pen that obviously comes in and out and two game slots - one at the top just next to the pen which is where your small DS games go, and a bigger one at the bottom which is for old Game Boy cartridges which you are not going to have. Other than that there really isn't too much else to it.

I hope that helped, oh and good luck with your search. Most games should be at most £25, though usually less than £20![/QUOTE

Chris excuse my ignorance but is a DS like a Wii as I havent heard about it.:thinking:
FOC THREAD PART 1
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

No completely different.

The Wii is the more traditional game console where you plug into a tv and then play the games through that. The DS is a handheld game machine (from the odd school Game Boy,) which is much, much smaller, and you can play without cables or the need of a tv. The DS uses buttons or a little pen like gadget to touch the screen and do various things, whilst the Wii uses the remote to point at the tv screen and do things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

I hope that helps a bit! :)
qsducks

Wii Want More

Post by qsducks »

I'm currently hooked on the DS, my lovely brats broke my bowling for the Wii:( And i was doing really great on it, became a pro overnight. Of course, my arm was sore the next day:) 6 yr old loves the chicken throwing on the Raving Rabbids game and is really good at it. So funny to watch him play it:wah:
kayleneaussie

Wii Want More

Post by kayleneaussie »

chrisb84uk;787130 wrote: No completely different.

The Wii is the more traditional game console where you plug into a tv and then play the games through that. The DS is a handheld game machine (from the odd school Game Boy,) which is much, much smaller, and you can play without cables or the need of a tv. The DS uses buttons or a little pen like gadget to touch the screen and do various things, whilst the Wii uses the remote to point at the tv screen and do things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

I hope that helps a bit! :)

oh ok thanks Chris
FOC THREAD PART 1
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

I didn't even know that this game existed but I bought Wii Chess yesterday, and it's really good. I've always been a fan of the game for a while, but being able to play against a range of computer difficulties and players from around the world is great fun and I find is really helping my game, definately recommend it! :-6
Chezzie

Wii Want More

Post by Chezzie »

Lots of peeps tell me to get guitar hero for th wii cos its lots of fun..:-6
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well I've not played it but it is supposed to be one of the best fun games around, I mean it has been in the top 10 of the US charts for about a year.
qsducks

Wii Want More

Post by qsducks »

My daughter owns the Guitar Hero II for Playstation 2. Another good game for the Wii is coming out in April. Super Mario Kart - can't wait for that one.
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Yep same here I've been a huge fan of Mario Kart for years and I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm also amazed that us folk here in the UK actually (for once,) get a game earlier than you do in the US. We get MK early April whilst last I heard the US have to wait until mid May.

Still I'm sure it will be worth the wait! :)
Omni_Skittles

Wii Want More

Post by Omni_Skittles »

GUITAR HERO!!!!! love that game... i only get 25 percent of it right but i still love it!!!
Smoke signals ftw!
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Omni_Skittles;801792 wrote: GUITAR HERO!!!!! love that game... i only get 25 percent of it right but i still love it!!!

I think most people like Guitar Hero because as long as you have a musical interest, (and lets face it most people do,) then you will probably enjoy this game that's why it has sold so many copies worldwide!
Vinny_Mac

Wii Want More

Post by Vinny_Mac »

They are also doing guitar hero for the DS, although it looks a bit weird. You plug in an attachment with the keys on it, strum your finger on the touch screen and see the notes on the main screen.

can't post the URl, but google 'guitar hero ds ign' to see an article with a shot of the system.
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Sure is amazing the ideas and concepts that are being come up with today isn't it, and Guitar Hero for the DS is a prime example!
CARLA

Wii Want More

Post by CARLA »

Love WII I love bowling and when you bowl over 200 the bowling ball gets very cool and your clothes change as well lots of hidden perks as you get better.

Same goes for the Baseball the better you get the better you look love the WII. :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Wii Want More

Post by Nomad »

Yes, well..........

I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

Wii Want More

Post by koan »

wow. there are a ton of wii accidents on youtube

one guy actually threw his shoulder out of its joint. Looked like he was bowling, so... watch out CARLA :p
chrisb84uk

Wii Want More

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hahaha well in that video he wasn't even wearing the wrist strap that comes with the console, and I like that he is enthaustic, but you really don't need to swing that hard to play the Baseball game. :)

Oh and I'd just add that my Mario Kart copy arrived this morning with the new wheel accessory. The wheel is a bit naff I must say, but the game is brilliant. Anyone wanting a game at some point let me know!
peterwilson283

Wii Want More

Post by peterwilson283 »

Oh, and I hear Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a lot of fun!! I plan to play that.

downloadable wii games

wii games

Return to “The Gaming Zone - PC Console”