This is important!! Okay maybe not...

grh

Post by grh »

So I went to Wally-world yesterday and bought a ps2. Not to be confused with the ps3 or the wii price-wise..

any-hoot, got the Simpson game, singstar(with 2 mics) and yes!! High School Musical!!!!!

I don't play games, ever. So the 8 year old hooks up the mics and we start dueling songs tonight.... she very patiently explains how these things work...

heheheh I am the champ! She's been in there for the last half hour determined to beat my score on some BOPBOPBOP song...:guitarist:wah:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

We bought the game Smarty-Pants for the Wii. I've only beaten the hubby twice. And I'm bothered that he knew so many answers to the questions in the Fashion catagory. :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

We just had bowled 4 games on the WII me, granddaughter,daughter, and son-in-law I beat them all my top game was 205:D. Boy the WII is some kinda of fun, and you get exercise as well.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Your gonna be sore tomorrow! have you boxed yet?

my son
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I'm sore already :wah: Yes the boxing is fun also. I have been sore since Christmas day. But what family fun, I love it. :D

[QUOTE]Your gonna be sore tomorrow! have you boxed yet?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

You gotta get Momma's Cook off for the Wii, it's fun! You prepare dishes from all over the word. Hubby beats me all the time at it.

my son
grh

Post by grh »

She really wants a WII and everyone says they are better for the kids because they have to move a lot more.

I'm gonna get one when they show up in the stores without having to wait in line or grab a ticket:thinking:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

They really are great! We love ours!

my son
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I can't say enough good things about the WII game. It is very cool and the whole family can join in. Beats any game out there in my opinion. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

watermark

Post by watermark »

We didn't give our son a WIII he got a Xbox and his games are violent. One is Halo and I tried to get my father interested to play my son but don't think I succeeded. I played my son Halo and I was killed too fast. It's a very violent game. Armored robot looking subjects are supposed to kill aliens. It's rated 'M' for mature. One is supposed to be at least 17 to buy it, unless they are with a parent who can sign off. My son has lots of these M games. Most of his friends play M games as well. I've never heard of a cooking game. I don't know if I'd buy one for 40 or 50 dollars only because I know I'd not play it enough and doubt my son would take the time to become interested in it. My son is not very deep and he doesn't find strategic games fun. He is also lush with worldy gaming ideas and gravitates towards violent, harm inflicting games. He knows no better because that's what I've allowed. His habits can be likened to water taking the least resistant pathway. It's easy. I hope he turns out to be a loving, God fearing citizen. Publishers of those violent games should hold themselves accountable for setting a model of gaming that includes weapons, killing, hurting, blood, revenge, anger, whatnot. Just my opinion.

E
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I am a fan of the WII....it keeps my kids and their friends occupied for hours....and there isn't any violence....guitar hero is really cool....my boys are getting good at it....as for me, yeah....they never let me try "hit me with your best shot, by Pat Benetar" after I couldn't figure out what to do for the first 5 seconds.:thinking::thinking:
watermark

Post by watermark »

My son bought Guitar Hero a couple days ago. I think he's having fun with it. Wish he'd be interested in learning to play the real guitar :-2
grh

Post by grh »

WonderWendy3;749222 wrote: I am a fan of the WII....it keeps my kids and their friends occupied for hours....and there isn't any violence....guitar hero is really cool....my boys are getting good at it....as for me, yeah....they never let me try "hit me with your best shot, by Pat Benetar" after I couldn't figure out what to do for the first 5 seconds.:thinking::thinking:

If they ever do decide to let you try it, could you do us all a favor and have them capture it on film.....:wah::D

rambo
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

grh;749226 wrote: If they ever do decide to let you try it, could you do us all a favor and have them capture it on film.....:wah::D

ummmm, well....gee....look at that....my video camera just got damaged...it accidentially fell off the shelf:-3:o:o

I mean.....SURE!!:rolleyes:
grh

Post by grh »

watermark;749225 wrote: My son bought Guitar Hero a couple days ago. I think he's having fun with it. Wish he'd be interested in learning to play the real guitar :-2

Does he have one? maybe it actually can help him. we should check it out somewhere...:thinking:

rambo
watermark

Post by watermark »

WonderWendy3;749227 wrote: ummmm, well....gee....look at that....my video camera just got damaged...it accidentially fell off the shelf:-3:o:o

I mean.....SURE!!:rolleyes:

:D That's funny
watermark

Post by watermark »

grh;749228 wrote: Does he have one? maybe it actually can help him. we should check it out somewhere...:thinking:

I don't know if it would help my son play the guitar. The real guitar is much harder to play, strings are harder to hold down, notes are more complicated, instrument much larger and cumbersome. If anything I think G.H. would make playing the real guitar more frustrating. Haven't verified this though.

E
grh

Post by grh »

watermark;749256 wrote: I don't know if it would help my son play the guitar. The real guitar is much harder to play, strings are harder to hold down, notes are more complicated, instrument much larger and cumbersome. If anything I think G.H. would make playing the real guitar more frustrating. Haven't verified this though.

E

I went to visit my son in November and he was playing this game. He was on the highest levels and apparently could compete with friends live, I have no idea how.

He's played the guitar for years.

But it might entice your son to learn to play the guitar if he thinks it may help him at the game. Kinda reversed logic, but whatever works I always say!:-6

rambo
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

my girls are nintendo ds lite mad and are hooked on cookin mama and animal crossing world wide, eldest is also mad on pokemon and drives me mad with it, I sometimes think were talking real life but no its pokemon lol.....

I got a r4ds for them each which are cool too so no constant changing the games.
minks

Post by minks »

Sheryl;749185 wrote: You gotta get Momma's Cook off for the Wii, it's fun! You prepare dishes from all over the word. Hubby beats me all the time at it.

are you kidding me OMG JR Minks would so love that

I wanna Wii :-1
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “The Gaming Zone - PC Console”