Remember this little girl? Maybe some new clues...

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Released today! Hopefully something will show up......

MILLER HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION

Video: Floyd Gathers To Celebrate Miller's Birthday

Aug. 27, 2005: Prosecutor Vows Not To Give Up In Miller Case

Aug. 23, 2005: Evelyn Miller's Mother Speaks Out

Aug. 12, 2005: Evelyn Miller's Mother Speaks Out

Aug. 4, 2005: Still No Answers In Miller Case

Aug. 1, 2005: DHS To Finish Assessment In Evelyn Miller Case

July 18, 2005: Family, Community Encouraged To Celebrate Miller's Life

July 15, 2005: DHS To Release Results Of Miller's Neglect Assessment

July 14, 2005: Pastor Calls On Friends, Family To Celebrate Miller's Life

July 14, 2005: Governor: DHS Responded Properly To Tips About Miller

July 14, 2005: Miller's Funeral Takes Place Thursday

July 13, 2005: $5,000 Reward Offered In Miller Case

July 13, 2005: Evelyn Miller Criminal Probe Continues

July 12, 2005: Governor Speaks About Request For Miller Case File

Investigators Search Apartment Complex In Miller's Death

Car Parked On Site Examined

POSTED: 1:45 pm CDT September 15, 2005

UPDATED: 2:14 pm CDT September 15, 2005

FLOYD, Iowa -- Investigators have returned to Evelyn Miller's apartment complex to conduct additional searches in the child's disappearance and death.

The young Floyd girl disappeared on July 1, from the apartment where she lived with her mother, Noel Miller, her mother's fiance, Casey Frederiksen, and two younger brothers.

Her body was found six days later in the Cedar River. Her death has been ruled a homicide. No details about how and when she was killed has been released. No arrests have been made.

State investigators and sheriff's deputies spent more than three hours searching Wednesday various places at the complex.

Swabs were taken from a carpet found in a garage and a car parked on the site was examined.

Authorities are still not commenting about how close they are to making an arrest.

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Peg

Post by Peg »

They do this 2 months later?:-5
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

I am pretty sure these are things that have been being done since her death. A lot of times investigators don't tell what they are doing at all and it seems they are doing nothing. In reality, they sometimes can't say anything so as not to "blow" the case. In other words when they are hot onto something, they are best to keep quiet. Often there is a long silence and then you hear a few new details and w/in days the mystery is solved. Since they are "talking" now maybe this will be solved soon!!!! I hope!!
Nature laughs Last
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

The 2 guys in question have all passed lie detector tests - including the family. BUT she was awake at 2 in the morning and opened the door to her moms boyfriends friends? hello? why was she answering the door at that time - and they still do not have the other kids back yet..They are still in DHS custody. The whole state is awaiting news....SOON we hope... Her town is sooo tiny - its scary to know if this isn't a "family friend" then there is a complete stranger killing our kids...:(

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i'm not familiar with this case Mom, but many sociopaths pass lie detector tests. it's not that hard. much depends on the polygrapher also. there are many factors, the thing is just an investigation tool and there are reasons they are not admissable in court.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Thats scary--but they are REALLY pointing at the family.. I want to believe that they are innocent.I really do...I just hope some closure comes SOON..You would not believe this funeral these people put on for her in their little town..I want to say they may have 500- 600 people in their community and it was HUGE! :-4

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

LC, I understand why lie detector test results are not admissable, but can the lawyers just mention the fact of whether the test was passed or failed?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

BabyRider wrote: LC, I understand why lie detector test results are not admissable, but can the lawyers just mention the fact of whether the test was passed or failed?nope...unless the other side "opens the door" which is reversible error. there would be a very fast objection and the bench would have to instruct the jury to ignore.
LottomagicZ4941

Post by LottomagicZ4941 »

lady cop wrote: nope...unless the other side "opens the door" which is reversible error. there would be a very fast objection and the bench would have to instruct the jury to ignore.

When I had court room communication the professor said that research shows that juries don't ignore things that they are ordered to ignore.

Some in the legal feld will use not taking a lie detector test against you when we actually do have a 5th ammendment right to remain silent.

Had an unemployed friend canceling out a lie detector test to go to a job interview and instead of just rescheduling the DA pressed charges since she "failed to take the lie detector test". What a wonderfull caring court system we have. Try to get a job and charges are pressed. Charges got dropped as she coughed up some dough for a lawyer. She really should sue that county for harasment if you want my personal opinion. As a widow I think she should stand a good chance of winning some $$$$.

Anyway, how often do old cases ever get solved? Not that this one is that old.

Just wondering if Lady Cop knows or has an opinion.

Lotto

"Has the right to remain silent"

MagicZ4941A

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”