Florida Amber Alert

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Amber Alert Issued for 2 Florida Children

Posted: Saturday August 28, 2005 1:14 PM CT

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Tampa Police Department has issued the Amber Alert on Saturday morning after the 2 children were apparently abducted.

Harvieanna Stevens 1 year old. She is black and is 1 foot tall. She weighs 25 pounds with brown eyes and black hair. She was last wearing a pink and white striped shirt.

Sensay Strickland, 4 years old. He is black, 2 feet 6 inches tall. He weighs 55 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a white t-shirt with a ball on the front and black shorts.

The suspect is Harvey Stevens 29 years old, black male, 5 feet 9 inches tall. He weighs 190 pounds. He has brown hair and black eyes. He was last seen wearing a black crew neck t-shirt and long khaki shorts. Also missing was Chenelle Strickland, a Black female 22 years old, 5 feet tall, 120 lbs, black hair, brown eyes. The suspect should be considered armed and dangerous.

The vehicle in this abduction is a cream 1996 Cadillac Deville Florida tag number BAM06.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Tampa Florida Police Department at 813-276-3200 or dial 911.
lady cop

Florida Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

...UPDATEHARVIEANNA STEVENSENDANGERED

Child1 Birth Date:3/10/2004

Race:Black Height:1' 00" Weight:025

Sex:Female Hair:Black Eyes:Brown

Child2 Name:Sensay Strickland

Birth Date:6/22/2001

Race:Black Height:2' 06" Weight:055

Sex:Male Hair:Black Eyes:Brown

Suspect Name:Harvey Stevens

Birth Date:10/16/1976

Race:Black Height:5' 09" Weight:190

Sex:Male Hair:Brown Eyes:BlackNARRATIVE:

An Amber Alert has been issued for Harvieanna and Sensay. Harvieanna was last seen wearing a pink and white striped shirt and Sensay was last seen wearing a white t-shirt with a ball on the front and black shorts. Also missing is Chenelle Strickland, a black female 22 years old, 5 feet tall, 120 lbs, black hair, brown eyes. The abductor was last seen wearing a black crew neck t-shirt and long khaki shorts. The suspect should be considered armed and dangerous. The vehicle has been recovered.If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of this child, please contact FDLEor the Tampa Police Department at 813-276-3200

FDLE MISSING CHILDREN INFORMATION CLEARINGHOUSE

1-888-FL MISSING(1-888-356-4774)

Internet: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us
kmhowe72

Florida Amber Alert

Post by kmhowe72 »

Floridia is a really scary place. Hurricains, child molesters and missing children. Great place to live.
kmhowe
ubetta

Florida Amber Alert

Post by ubetta »

Oh stop. There isn't a place in the world this kind of stuff doesn't go on. That's rediculous. People are people, mother nature is mother nature.
kmhowe72

Florida Amber Alert

Post by kmhowe72 »

sure it does happen everywhere. even worse things. but latly, in this past year floridia seems to be taken a beating. Starting with last years hurricains. Then the Terry schavio case, and then The Jennifer lundsford case. And the othere girl. I am just saying that it seems Floridia is getting a bad wrap. I have my 77 year old grandmother living in Labelle Floridia and various othere relatives. How about that kid who died at Disney . It's to much. I have alot of friends living there. So I know when they say, it's getting to be a scary place here. Don't move here. They must be telling the truths.
kmhowe
ubetta

Florida Amber Alert

Post by ubetta »

I don't want to get into a pissing match about which area of the country is better than another. There is nothing different happening here in Florida than any other place in the country...or world for that matter. The hurricanes last year made big news, yes. But then again, so did the floodings of the Ohio areas. Carolinas when they had their bout with hurricanes. You have that you are from the new england area. You have your nor'easters (which really are hurricanes), 2' snow storms, ice storms. Read the news and you will see you too have kidnappings, molestors, and anything else we have here. So...if your relatives are afraid in the areas that they live, I would suggest they move to another area within the state.

:)
kmhowe72

Florida Amber Alert

Post by kmhowe72 »

Thank you. I don't want to get into a pissing match with you. I take enough crap from othere memebers. But I am expressing my imop Floridia is just not a safe place to live. i hope the children are found. Your right it could happen in any area. But rightnow we are Hearing about Floridia. I don't want to live in the city here where my sister lives. People shot at around her all the time.
kmhowe
ubetta

Florida Amber Alert

Post by ubetta »

Well, I think we've taken this thread far enough OT (off topic). Why don't you start a new thread about how you feel about Florida? Let's just keep this thread for updates about the missing children.
lady cop

Florida Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

some details....Abduction of Tampa woman, children prompts Amber Alert
ubetta

Florida Amber Alert

Post by ubetta »

by the woman's ex-boyfriend

It has always amazed me how people just can't walk away.
lady cop

Florida Amber Alert

Post by lady cop »

....AMBER ALERT

CANCELLATION

HARVIEANNA STEVENS AND SENSAY STRICKLAND NARRATIVE:

This is a cancellation to the Florida Amber Alert that was activated on 8/28/05 for Harvieanna Stevens and Sensay Strickland. The children and mother have been recovered. FDLE has no further information about the recovery/location at this time.If you need further information, please contact the Tampa Police Department at 813-231-6130

FDLE MISSING CHILDREN INFORMATION CLEARINGHOUSE

1-888-FL MISSING(1-888-356-4774)

Internet: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us
Peg

Florida Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

YAY!!!!!!:-6 Finally a happy ending!:D

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”