Scout missing

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Scout missing

Post by Peg »

Criminal Investigation Opened In Case Of Missing Scout

Boy Scout, 11, Disappeared In Utah Wilderness

POSTED: 10:25 am EDT June 20, 2005

SALT LAKE CITY -- The sheriff of Summit County, Utah, has opened a criminal investigation into the disappearance of a Cub Scout, even though he said he has no reason to suspect foul play just yet.

Brennan Hawkins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video: Tearful Father Seeks Son's Return

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Searchers have few clues as to the whereabouts of 11-year-old Brennan Hawkins, who vanished from a popular Boy Scout camp in a rugged mountain range.

Brennan was last seen Friday afternoon at the camp, east of Salt Lake City. He disappeared somewhere along a quarter-mile of dirt road between the camp's artificial climbing wall and the "chow hall," where he was to meet a friend.

Search and rescue coordinator Dave Booth said the biggest risk to the child is the Big Bear River, which has a swift current and is "over a man's head" in some places.

While 1,000 volunteers searched Saturday and 3,000 turned out Sunday, the pool of volunteers had dwindled to 600 by Monday. There also were 75 professional searchers.

The mountainous area being searched is just 15 miles from where 12-year-old Garrett Bardsley vanished last summer. He was never found.

His father, Kevin Bardsley, has also joined the search.

No Amber Alert, but just as important.
lady cop

Scout missing

Post by lady cop »

report is that "something" has been found, but no details yet. i hope this poor kid is safe! waiting for update from sheriff dept.
lady cop

Scout missing

Post by lady cop »

a firefighter says he has been found alive! amazing! :)
Jives

Scout missing

Post by Jives »

That is so weird...he looks amazingly like I did at that age! Same buck-toothed grin and 70's haircut! :wah:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
pina

Scout missing

Post by pina »

I am so pleased for him and his family that he has been found safe.:)

Jives!....will he grow up to be as handsome as you?

BabyRider

Scout missing

Post by BabyRider »

So he's been found alive...wonderful!!! What happened to him? Where has he been?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

valerie

Scout missing

Post by valerie »

Reportedly dehydrated but in good condition. One officer said that

after Brennan Hawkins had some drinks and food, he was wanting to

play a video game on one of the officer's cell phones!!

YAY!!!

:yh_sweat
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”