Amber Alert--Texas

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

**** ALERT FOLLOWS **********************

Amber Alert Issued for 5 Year Old Texas Girl

Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:09 AM CT

The Sate of Texas issued the Amber Alert Tuesday morning after the girl was abducted on Monday night in Conroe. The child is believed to be in danger.

Annabelle Williams-Furlano, a white feale, 5 years old, 3 feet 4 inches tall weighing 35 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing Hannah Montana shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans, pink boots with fringe.

There are two suspects in this case. Angela Faith, a 46 year old white female, and Carl Forlano.

The suspect vehicle is a white pick up truck..

Anyone with information is asked to call the Conroe Police Department at 936-522-3200 or dial 911.
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by mrsK »

I am so pleased you are doing this again Peg.

Even though I can't help it is a good idea & someone on here may be able to help one day.

Who knows?

Good for you:-4:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

Thanks mrsK! :-4
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Chezzie »

Hope the child returns safe and sound.

Thanks for all you do Peg:-6
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Odie »

I sure hope she returns home safe.



Peg, I think its just awesome that you are doing this!:-4
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
sunny104
Posts: 11986
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by sunny104 »

I agree with everyone else. :-4
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »



The child is believed to be in danger. Annabelle Williams-Furlano, a white feale, 5 years old, 3 feet 4 inches tall weighing 35 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing Hannah Montana shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans, pink boots with fringe. There are two suspects in this case. Angela Faith, a 46 year old white female, and Carl Forlano. The suspect vehicle is a white pick up truck.. Anyone with information is asked to call the Conroe Police Department at 936-522-3200 or dial 911.

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children



The FBI is now involved as officials believe the child is being taken across state lines.

Police say Annabelle Williams-Furlano was abducted last night around 9pm by her biological parents from a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in Conroe. The incident happened during a supervised visit at the restaurant.

The child is believed to be in danger?

Is the child believed to be in less danger because an Amber Alert's been issued for her? She's with her biological parents and suddenly they're facing thirty years each in jail because of this escalation to notoriety? This is meant to reduce the risk posed to the child?

Is this seriously what the Amber Alert system was designed to be used for?
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

There must be a reason they feel the child is in danger with her own parents. She was on a supervised visit so obviously the parents didn't have custody for some reason.
User avatar
sunny104
Posts: 11986
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by sunny104 »

We don't know why they lost custody of the child.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

Peg;1139002 wrote: There must be a reason they feel the child is in danger with her own parents. She was on a supervised visit so obviously the parents didn't have custody for some reason.


Is this seriously what the Amber Alert system was designed to be used for?
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

Not all parents are good parents. Some parents harm their children. Sad, but true.
User avatar
flopstock
Posts: 7406
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:52 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by flopstock »

spot;1139005 wrote: Is this seriously what the Amber Alert system was designed to be used for?


If you look at the top of the page here, there is an explanation of the Amber alert systems intent.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Chezzie »

flopstock;1139266 wrote: If you look at the top of the page here, there is an explanation of the Amber alert systems intent.


If it saves just one child it is worth it's weight in gold.
User avatar
mrsK
Posts: 3342
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by mrsK »

Chezzie;1139272 wrote: If it saves just one child it is worth it's weight in gold.


I agree with you Chez,one saved makes it all worthwhile,bless:-4:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Odie »

Chezzie;1139272 wrote: If it saves just one child it is worth it's weight in gold.


oh god Chez, you are so right!
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chezzie;1139272 wrote: If it saves just one child it is worth it's weight in gold.


I take it then that you're in favour of banning all traffic from the roads?
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Chezzie »

Bryn Mawr;1139324 wrote: I take it then that you're in favour of banning all traffic from the roads?


yes totally:D
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Chezzie;1139330 wrote: yes totally:D


That's fine - as long as you're willing to accept the consequences of your belief then it's your to have and to hold :-6
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

Chezzie;1139330 wrote: yes totally:D


You say that, Chezzie, simply because you recognize your position's completely illogical and don't want to discuss it. Of course people drive knowing the risk of death they're exposing children to.

The financial cost of the US Amber Alert systems, compared to its benefit, is outrageous.

The actual cost of the US Amber Alert systems in terms of dead children, from making a pretence that something effective has been put in place instead of actually putting genuinely useful measures in place, must run to thousands of lives wasted.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Chezzie »

spot;1139361 wrote: You say that, Chezzie, simply because you recognize your position's completely illogical and don't want to discuss it. Of course people drive knowing the risk of death they're exposing children to.

The financial cost of the US Amber Alert systems, compared to its benefit, is outrageous.

The actual cost of the US Amber Alert systems in terms of dead children, from making a pretence that something effective has been put in place instead of actually putting genuinely useful measures in place, must run to thousands of lives wasted.


Only part I agree with is the part I put in red. As usual I have an opinion here same as you but mine gets questioned, I didn't question yours or anyone elses. Freedom of speech and all that!!!
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

I figure the ones who say how much they are against the Amber Alert system would be the first ones screaming for it if they were in the U.S. and their child or grandchild came up missing.

You worry so much what the system costs. How do you put a price on the life a child it may save? How much is your child worth?
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Peg;1139453 wrote: I figure the ones who say how much they are against the Amber Alert system would be the first ones screaming for it if they were in the U.S. and their child or grandchild came up missing.

You worry so much what the system costs. How do you put a price on the life a child it may save? How much is your child worth?


I think that Spot's point has always been that, if the money that is currently used to fund the Amber Alert system were used more effectively then you would see real results rather then just one or two successes.

For myself, I know very little about the funding or the effectiveness of the system so cannot comment.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

My criticism is that it's a pretence implemented to satisfy people like Peg and she should have more sense than to tolerate it.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

I should have more sense? :lips: :lips: I'm done with even attempting to have a decent conversation with you.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

Having pride in America is one thing, tolerating sub-standard service is another.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Chezzie »

spot;1139476 wrote: My criticism is that it's a pretence implemented to satisfy people like Peg and she should have more sense than to tolerate it.


So let me get this right Spot. Your saying I have no mind of my own, I just post here to make Peg feel happier??? Oh and that Peg has no sense and that she should stop doing something she believes in and has faith in and puts a lot of time and effort into because YOU SAY SO!!!!



From now on every comment you post that I wish to have a say on I shall agree with you and say "Yes Spot oh righteous one, how thoroughly correct you are"
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

I had stopped posting the alerts because I got tired of being harrassed every time I did. I felt terrible about not posting them. I kept thinking what if this time a child could have been saved. You don't like the alerts Spot? You don't believe in them? Fine. Stay out of them then instead of trying to ram your beliefs down my throat.
User avatar
sunny104
Posts: 11986
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:25 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by sunny104 »

Bryn Mawr;1139459 wrote: I think that Spot's point has always been that, if the money that is currently used to fund the Amber Alert system were used more effectively then you would see real results rather then just one or two successes.For myself, I know very little about the funding or the effectiveness of the system so cannot comment.


spot;1139476 wrote: My criticism is that it's a pretence implemented to satisfy people like Peg and she should have more sense than to tolerate it.


what would you two suggest then? How can we prevent children from being taken and/or how can we successfully get them back once they are taken? It does no one any good to come in here and critisize and not offer any solution. I can't remember the statistic off the top of my head but I think it's that most children that are kidnapped by strangers are killed within the first 24 hours. What more can we do right now other than alerting the media and the regular citizens.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

sunny104;1139856 wrote: I can't remember the statistic off the top of my head but I think it's that most children that are kidnapped by strangers are killed within the first 24 hours.That, surely, is the most outrageously inaccurate thing I can remember you ever saying. It can't possibly be true.

I'm reasonably sure I gave a practical sensible workable answer to "How can we prevent children from being taken and/or how can we successfully get them back once they are taken" in an earlier post this week.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Bryn Mawr »

sunny104;1139856 wrote: what would you two suggest then? How can we prevent children from being taken and/or how can we successfully get them back once they are taken? It does no one any good to come in here and critisize and not offer any solution. I can't remember the statistic off the top of my head but I think it's that most children that are kidnapped by strangers are killed within the first 24 hours. What more can we do right now other than alerting the media and the regular citizens.


I very deliberately said that it was not my PoV nor was it my suggestion.
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15826
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Bryn Mawr »

JAB;1140514 wrote: And I think that Peg's point is that even if if saves just one or two children then the cost would be worth it. If you're the rightful parent of the rescued one or two, then it would be very real results.


If he is right and, by spending the same amount on an efficient system you could save ten or twenty children, then it is not worth it and the real result is negative.

This is where my lack of figures gets in the way of drawing a conclusion - I see what is being said by both sides and I see the tangle of misunderstanding and hair bristling but I don't know enough to cut through it.

Certainly I am not a fan of the "however much it takes, if it saves even one life it is worth it" argument because people will not follow that through to its logical conclusion. As I said earlier to Chez, if that is so then you must be in favour of banning all road traffic because that is what it would cost to stop the single biggest killer of children in both our countries. There is always, in practice, a trade off between cost and effectiveness.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1140569 wrote: Certainly I am not a fan of the "however much it takes, if it saves even one life it is worth it" argument because people will not follow that through to its logical conclusion. As I said earlier to Chez, if that is so then you must be in favour of banning all road traffic because that is what it would cost to stop the single biggest killer of children in both our countries. There is always, in practice, a trade off between cost and effectiveness.


We had exactly the same disagreement years ago as to whether we'd rather see the number of police killed by murder or by traffic accident reduced by 10%. Improving their road safety saved far more police lives but I was universally hammered for thinking it the better use of resources.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

So because it isn't cost effective, I should not post alerts? If your country had the Amber Alert system and your child or grandchild disappeared, would you refuse to let the police use it because it isn't cost effective? It's what we have, cost effective or not, so why not use it? We've gone down this road before. You look at it through an economic standpoint, I look at it as a mother and grandmother. Neither of us is going to be persuaded by the other's point of view. Is it asking too much to let me continue doing something I believe in without feeling hounded every time I do?
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Peg:-4



You keep posting those Amber Alerts;)



I don't give a rat's ass if it isn't cost affective. It's all we have at this moment. If it saves only one child's life, then it's worth it to me.



Don't let anyone stop you from what YOU feel is the right thing to do. Ignore them:p
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

Thank you. :-4
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1140600 wrote: I don't give a rat's ass if it isn't cost affective. It's all we have at this moment. If it saves only one child's life, then it's worth it to me.Firstly, there will enver be an effective system until people protest in large enough numbers about this sensationalist media-friendly Amber Alert scheme.

Secondly, name me a single child the Amber Alert system has saved the life of, I'd quite like to see what basis of fact underlies the claim.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

AMBER Alert Success Stories

Recent Success Stories

August 24, 2008

Lancaster, SC

A 2-year-old girl was taken from her grandparents’ residence by her biological father, who was in a psychotic state and not taking prescribed medication. An AMBER Alert was issued. The child was safely rescued in Florida after an individual aware of the AMBER Alert told law enforcement that suspect and child were en route to the subject’s girlfriend’s residence in Florida.

August 22, 2008

Palmdale, CA

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department activated an AMBER Alert for 2 siblings ages 5 and 9 who were taken from their custodial grandparents, by their non-custodial mother. The LASD believed the children to be in danger due to past incidents. A Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputy, who was aware of the AMBER Alert , located the suspect vehicle, parked at a motel. The suspect was later identified and arrested and both children were safely rescued.

July 18, 2008

Racine, WI

An 11 ½ month old child was taken by force from an apartment in Racine, Wisconsin by an ex-boyfriend of the child’s mother. The abductor took the child and left a note indicating she would get her child back when she repaid the $2,000.00 that the abductor claimed was owed to him. An AMBER Alert was issued. The abductor heard the Alert and gave the child to a third party. The child was safely rescued.

February 7, 2008

Austin, TX

A 5-year-old boy was kidnapped from his mother’s vehicle as they prepared to leave for school. Suspects had conspired to hold him for ransom from the family. An AMBER Alert was quickly issued. The abductors determined that the media coverage and the quick exposure of the AMBER Alert made moving the child highly risky. The child was released by the abductors and rescued unharmed.

Past Success Stories

Amber Success Stories 2008

AMBER Success Stories 2007

AMBER Success Stories 2006

AMBER Success Stories 2005

AMBER Success Stories 2004

AMBER Success Stories 2003

AMBER Success Stories 2002 - 1998

LINK
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

It's a question of whether you believe any of those children would have been killed had the alert not been issued Peg. That's why I asked for one specific instance to look at in fine detail, not a heap of propaganda.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by BTS »

spot;1140626 wrote: Firstly, there will enver be an effective system until people protest in large enough numbers about this sensationalist media-friendly Amber Alert scheme.



Secondly, name me a single child the Amber Alert system has saved the life of, I'd quite like to see what basis of fact underlies the claim.






Peg, Kathy Ellen, Jab, Sunny104, Chezzie, mrsK anf flopstock:

I agree with you all. It is so weird that all things anti-America come from a chosen few on this forum.



spot:

Firstly, Can you explain media friendly and why that's a bad thing in getting the word out? Can you show a better way?



Secondly, I'll start with one case (of many), about 2 girls saved by Amber Alert from my local area when I lived in Calif.



Sending Out An S.O.S. | Newsweek National News | Newsweek.com



But Jacqueline Marris, the older girl, decided to talk to a local TV reporter Friday night--and told a harrowing story of a battle with Ratliff shortly before law enforcement arrived. Grabbing a hunting knife hanging from the gear shift while Ratliff slept, Marris says she "stabbed him in the throat," while the other girl smashed his forehead with a whisky bottle. The kidnapper pulled his gun on them and thwarted their escape. But thanks to the help of an electronic posse, help was on the way.............



That is two girls in one rescue, that lived to see the light of day from a tip generated with the Amber alert system. I can fill this thread up with numerous others if you like.....?



Thirdly:

You say it is not cost effective. Show me your proof.

They use the signs for weather/road condions etc......

Where is the high costs you suppose?

















The deputy sheriff that had to take the thugs life was a schoolmate of mine........... and a hero in my mind

Larry Thatcher is his name









Proclamation Commendation for Deputy Lawrence ThatcherEXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT




STATE OF CALIFORNIA




P R O C L A M A T I O N

by the

Governor of the State of California
WHEREAS, Kern County Sheriff's Deputy Lawrence Thatcher helped to save two teenage girls who were abducted at gun-point on August 1, 2002; and

WHEREAS, by acting quickly to rescue the two young women, Deputy Thatcher served as a model of bravery for all Californians; and

WHEREAS, I am honored to commend Deputy Thatcher for his heroic actions and his selfless dedication to helping others; and

WHEREAS, Deputy Thatcher is a true California hero, and his tireless efforts to protect the people of California are an inspiration to us all; and

WHEREAS, on behalf of the people of the State of California, I thank Deputy Thatcher for his outstanding record of service to the Golden State;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GRAY DAVIS, Governor of the State of California, do hereby recognize with respect and gratitude Deputy Lawrence Thatcher's courage, service and steadfast commitment to public safety.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this the eighth day of August 2002.



/s/ Gray Davis



Governor of California* * *
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by BTS »

spot;1140636 wrote: It's a question of whether you believe any of those children would have been killed had the alert not been issued Peg. That's why I asked for one specific instance to look at in fine detail, not a heap of propaganda.
See above post
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

That's magnificent, BTS, that's a perfect use of publicity to rescue kidnapped children. The kidnapper was a stranger and there were details of the kidnapper's vehicle. Over 80% of the Amber Alerts are against relatives or childminders, not against strangers. Of the remaining less-than-20%, most have no details of the kidnapper or of any vehicle. If the police have sufficient information and it's a genuine case of danger of life for the abductee then great, it can produce a result. It's a system that's come up trumps less than fifty times across the whole country across an entire decade. The number of child abductees in that period must be in the tens of thousands. It's tip-of-the-iceberg publicity for an ineffective system.

I posted an alternative earlier, I don't really want to keep copying it forward every time I'm asked what I'd recommend as more useful instead.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Chezzie
Posts: 14615
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Chezzie »

What is your ultimate goal here Spot? I know what Peg's is, to raise awareness and hopefully help get abducted children back to a secure environment by alerting folk of recent Amber Alerts. At present they have the Amber Alert system and do what they can to work alongside it.



You protest abouts it's cost effectiveness and also its success rate and constantly tell us you know of better ways but what good is that knowledge here, you have to go and tell people who can maybe change the system, Peg cant, she doesnt have another answer, why should she, she believes in the system.



All our American members who have posted in this thread also agree with it, so effectively there is just yourself posting here and disagreeing with it.



Instead of constantly putting Peg's efforts down in her Amber Alert posts which alot of members like her doing may I add, why dont you turn your negitivity towards positivity and put pen to paper and change it.



This really isnt fair, Peg nor anyone else shouldnt feel like they do because you dont like it. Your allowed to post what you like, let her post her Amber Alerts without having to justify her reasons for doing so.
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by BTS »

It seems her parents were both convicted of drug charges and the aunt has raised her most of her life..........









Police follow new leads in abduction of 5-year-old Montgomery County girl





Annabelle Nichole Williams Forlano





Her mother, Angela Faith Williams, 46









Her father, Carl Forlano, 57





Updated: 02.18.09

The Conroe Police Department reported in a press release late Wednesday night that the couple who allegedly abducted their biological daughter from a Conroe restaurant Monday night may have left the Conroe-Houston metropolitan area and crossed state lines.



Conroe Police issued an Amber Alert for Annabelle Nichole Williams-Forlano, 5, who allegedly was taken from a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant at Interstate 45 and Texas 242 by Angela Faith Williams, 46, and Carl Forlano, 57, who do not have custody of their child, around 8:30 p.m. Monday.



They are believed to be traveling in a tractor-trailer rig. The tractor is described as a black 2008 International tractor bearing Texas license plate RC8C54. The logo of the company name “Moving Cargo” may be on the side of the tractor. The trailer is a 1996 box style van bearing Texas license plate Y10163.



An updated Amber Alert has been issued for the abducted child and now includes the information on the tractor-trailer rig.



The Federal Bureau of Investigation has entered the investigation and is providing assistance.



The Conroe Police Department has been diligently pursuing a number of leads and tips from the public as well as conducting interviews regarding the abduction.



Anyone with information regarding the location of the child, suspects or the tractor-trailer can contact the Conroe Police Department Communications Division at (936) 522-3204.



Williams allegedly took her from the restaurant, where she met Annabelle and her aunt, Joyce Nielsen, of The Woodlands. Joyce and Kurk Nielsen have custody of Annabelle.



Joyce Nielsen is Williams’ sister.



Williams ran out of the restaurant with Annabelle and got into a pickup truck, where Forlano was waiting, Conroe police said. The three then drove off.



Annabelle is about 3 feet, 4 inches tall and weighs around 35 pounds. She has light-brown hair, brown eyes, and was last seen wearing a white Hannah Montana shirt, pink jacket, blue jeans and pink boots with fringe.



Both Williams and Forlano have criminal histories, according to Public Data. Williams was released Jan. 4 from the Harris County Jail, where she served half of a 10-month sentence for drug possession, a Harris County Sheriff’s Office official said.



Forlano was arrested in 1988 for criminal sale of a controlled substance in Oneida County, N.Y., according to Public Data. Because he has family in New York and Brownsville, he and Williams could be planning to take Annabelle to either place.



Joyce and Kurk Nielsen have raised Annabelle since she was born and won temporary sole custody of her just days ago, on Feb. 10, in the 284th state District Court. According to court documents, the Nielsens applied not only for sole custody – allowing Williams only supervised visitation – they sought and received an emergency restraining order against Forlano and the complete severance of his relationship with Annabelle.



The reason for the emergency restraining order was because of Williams’ recent release from jail, said Woodlands attorney Robert Kalish, who represented the Nielsens in the custody matter.



In a Jan. 14 court affidavit, Kurk Nielsen described Forlano as a “transient” and said Forlano and Williams were attempting to take Annabelle out of school for three months to drive to New York in an 18-wheeler.



How to Help



Anyone with information about Annabelle Nichole Williams Forlano’s abduction or her and her biological parents’ whereabouts should call the Conroe Police Department Communications Division at (936) 522-3204.







In order to help our police forces around the world, I will post the following links. Please feel free to visit these sites often and help put these people behind bars.





FBI Most Wanted list Link





INTERPOLS Most Wanted Link





Canada's Most Wanted List Link





US MARSHALLS l5 Most Wanted List Link





FBI's CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN PAGE: Link





US MARSHALLS PROFILED FUGITIVES: Link





Missing and Exploited childrenLink





Parental kidnappings FBI Link





DEA Fugitives..New Orleans Division Link





New RSS Feeds Added to FBI Website Link





AMERICA'S MOST WANTED..Link





AUSTRALIAN FEDERAL POLICE..Link





AMBER ALERT LINKS For this area



MICHIGAN AMBER ALERT PORTALLink





OHIO AMBER ALERT PORTAL: Link





NEW YORK AMBER ALERT PORTAL :Link



National Center for Missing & Exploited Children



FDLE: Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Odie »

spot;1140660 wrote: That's magnificent, BTS, that's a perfect use of publicity to rescue kidnapped children. The kidnapper was a stranger and there were details of the kidnapper's vehicle. Over 80% of the Amber Alerts are against relatives or childminders, not against strangers. Of the remaining less-than-20%, most have no details of the kidnapper or of any vehicle. If the police have sufficient information and it's a genuine case of danger of life for the abductee then great, it can produce a result. It's a system that's come up trumps less than fifty times across the whole country across an entire decade. The number of child abductees in that period must be in the tens of thousands. It's tip-of-the-iceberg publicity for an ineffective system.

I posted an alternative earlier, I don't really want to keep copying it forward every time I'm asked what I'd recommend as more useful instead.




There is a show from the states every Saturday night, called 'America's Most Wanted', for the world to view, it is a live show for those who have t.v.s, ....it tells and shows of criminals and their last whereabouts from everywhere in the world.......you have no idea how many tips they get from people calling in who have seen these criminals, and they end up catching them.

It is specular to see this show and just how many criminals they have caught thanks to people watching it.;)



and, there are also other shows pertaining to this.
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Peg
Posts: 8673
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 pm

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by Peg »

Thanks for the update BTS!
User avatar
BTS
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:47 am

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by BTS »

Odie;1140771 wrote: There is a show from the states every Saturday night, called 'America's Most Wanted', for the world to view, it is a live show for those who have t.v.s, ....it tells and shows of criminals and their last whereabouts from everywhere in the world.......you have no idea how many tips they get from people calling in who have seen these criminals, and they end up catching them.



It is specular to see this show and just how many criminals they have caught thanks to people watching it.;)





and, there are also other shows pertaining to this.


You know I still have not heard from spot on just why all this is so cost prohibitive and your post shows another tool that works and CREATES jobs and monies in the process.

I think he is in the wrong thread. He should be in a "rights of the mis-accused" thread ... And in someways I do agree with him in that people do get mis-accused and judged by biased social workers that have an agenda..
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
User avatar
spot
Posts: 38224
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Amber Alert--Texas

Post by spot »

BTS;1140822 wrote: You know I still have not heard from spot on just why all this is so cost prohibitive and your post shows another tool that works and CREATES jobs and monies in the process.

I think he is in the wrong thread. He should be in a "rights of the mis-accused" thread ... And in someways I do agree with him in that people do get mis-accused and judged by biased social workers that have an agenda..


JAB;1140921 wrote: I think it's pretty sad that a system like the AMBER Alert System gets criticized just because it's not perfect. Gosh darn Spot, you're more put out that your recommendation isn't being used vs. the economic efficiencies of the system itself.

It works. It raises awareness. It's helped locate hundreds of children and reunite them with their proper guardians.


This is current (I think it dates from December 2008)

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/docume ... istics.pdf

The U.S. Department of Justice reports
  • 797,500 children (younger than 18) were reported missing in a one-year period of time studied resulting in an average of 2,185 children being reported missing each day.203,900 children were the victims of family abductions.58,200 children were the victims of non-family abductions.115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.[Andrea J. Sedlak, David Finkelhor, Heather Hammer, and Dana J. Schultz. U.S. Department of Justice. National Estimates of Missing Children: An Overview in National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children. Washington, DC: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, October 2002, page 5.]

    AMBER Alerts
    • Since 1997, the AMBER Alert program has been credited with the safe recovery of 426 children.To date there is a network of more than 120 AMBER Plans across the country.


      Just about my entire complaint about effectiveness appears in those figures. What it misses is that fewer than one in five of those "426 success stories" involves strangers, they're nearly all children in the company of relatives or childminders. What the reporter calls victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping count for fewer than 50 of the total cases ever handled, success or not. That's fifty over the decade the national scheme's been up and running. Five a year across all the states of the union. One per state since they started.

      It needs to be matched against the 115 genuine annual victims listed here (probably for 2000 by the look of their source, nobody seems to even try to keep up to date numbers, but I take it to be a representative year). The Amber Alert system is dealing with significantly fewer than one in twenty of them. How can anyone call that an effective system?

      You're looking at roughly 1,150 children over a ten year period of whom fewer than 50 were ever entered into the Amber Alert system in the first place, and these 1,150 victims are heavily selected - they all involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently. You'd think that was a pretty good match for the sort of instance Amber Alert was commissioned for.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”