Another Michigan Amber Alert

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Amber Alert Issued for 5 Year Old Michigan boy

Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2:02 AM CT

The Michigan State Police and the Shiawasee County Sheriff's Office issued the Amber Alert after the child went missing late Wednesday night.

Andrew Joseph Shotwell , 5 years old with blond hair and blue eyes. He was wearing blue jeans, a blue shirt, boots, and a gray coat.

The suspect is David Matthew Puente who is 19 years old. He's a Hispanic male with a goatee. He was last seen wearing a brown leather jacket, blue pants and gray shirt.

Puente is believed to be driving a 1997 red Chevy Monte Carlo, Michigan license plate 4CZA26. The two were last seen in Henderson, just north of Owosso. Police believe the two may be headed to the Lansing area.

If you have any information please call the Shiawassee County Sheriff at 989-743-9111 or dial 911.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

thanks Peg...i'm going to delete Babytiders thread on this at her request. any photos yet?
Peg

Post by Peg »

Sorry Baby...did not see your post. No photos yet LC.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Peg wrote: Sorry Baby...did not see your post. No photos yet LC.Not at all Peg. As soon as I log onto my computer, I get these alerts. I just cut and pasted it here as soon as I signed in. You were here hours before me. No problem.

I'm looking for a picture of Andrew right now....
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Peg

Post by Peg »

The Michigan state police and the Shiawasee County Sheriff's Office cancelled the amber alert after Andrew was found safe. No further information about the Suspect is available at this time.

I'm such a sucker for a happy ending :D

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”