AMBER ALERT~ out of Indiana

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

there is an AMBER alert in effect for a 10 year old white female from indiana. her name is Katlyn Collman, she is 4'6" tall, brown hair, brown eys. the FBI has joined this search, so she may not be in indiana any longer. the suspect is a stranger, white male, age about 20, 5'8" to 6', very skinny, may be driving a white Ford F-150 about 10 years old. Katlyn was last seen wearing a light blue winter jacket. if you have any information , or have seen anyone matching this description, do not confront, call 911. or call 812-3582141 in indiana. this child has been deemed by authorities to be IN EXTREME DANGER.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Lady Cop..don't think you'll mind and hope you don't. I'm borrowing this for other forums to get the word out as much as possible ASAP.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Peg wrote: Lady Cop..don't think you'll mind and hope you don't. I'm borrowing this for other forums to get the word out as much as possible ASAP.
Thankyou Peg.....i know FG isn't a crime forum, but i feel these alerts should go out by whatever means...you never know who reads here...the internet is a powerful tool in finding missing children. this being a stranger abduction, Katlyn is in dire situation.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

here is a photo of Katlyn

Attached files
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

tmbsgrl wrote: I am going to take all the information and email it to everyone i know.. All my friends are back in Illinois and Indiana
Thanks! it's just that kind of help that can make all the difference! :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

I don't usually do this, but this is too important for it to get lost in all the posting. ^bump
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

finally...FOX news is covering this, it needed the exposure. i hope this girl is still alive. every hour is crucial, she has been missing since tuesday.
Cass

Post by Cass »

http://www.fox41.com/news/news_detail.a ... &section=1

Sketch released of suspect...

Investigators have a new tool to use in their search for a missing 10-year-old girl in Crouthersville, Indiana. A sketch has been released of a man who was seen talking to Katie Collman before she disappeared onTuesday. Indiana State Police and the FBI continue to co-ordinate efforts to find Katlyn Collman, who is known as "Katie". They held a news conference Friday morning as an "Amber Alert" -- the emergency program to seek public help -- remains in effect.
Cass

Post by Cass »

Rest in Peace Katie ~ Police need to find this monster and quick before he strikes again. He will be on a high now - all full of himself.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/4145109/detail.html

CROTHERSVILLE, Ind. -- The body of a southern Indiana girl who police believe was abducted last week was found Sunday morning in a stream about five miles north of Seymour, authorities said.

A state trooper on routine patrol found the body of Katlyn "Katie" Collman, 10, state police Sgt. Jerry Goodin said at a news conference.

Police said they're investigating the Crothersville-area girl's death as a murder. Details of how the girl died were not released. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday in Louisville, Ky., Goodin said.

An Amber Alert had been issued Thursday for Collman, who police said was abducted Tuesday from Crothersville. Police said she left a Crothersville store on foot, and someone saw her later that day with a man in a pickup truck outside a school in town.

Authorities said they believe the man abducted Collman, and they released a composite image of him Friday. He was described as a white male who was between 18 and 20 years old, between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet tall, and very skinny with short dark hair and a fair complexion.

The vehicle was described as a white Ford F-150 pickup that was about 15 years old and appeared to be clean and well-maintained, police said.

The sketch of the man sparked a rash of telephone tips, but none that provided solid information, police said.

"This is a saddening day for law enforcement officials," Goodin said. "We've come to know Katie. It hits everyone very hard."
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Thanks Cass...i was afraid of this. so tragic. i hope LE gets this suspect FAST. suspect sketch and description BOLO going out here in florida of course. these child victims are usually killed in the first few hours.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Lady-cop, please stop this right now...you will kill me when amber alert is here that something happened to you...STOP. :(
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

Paula no-one is going to put an amber alert out for me, and if something happened to me it wouldn't be me posting it. sweet of you to worry, but please don't... sadly, it probably won't be long before another amber alert gets posted.
Cass

Post by Cass »

Paula, Amber alerts are for (usually) stranger abduction of children.

If Lady Cop goes missing, count on a Red Alert!

Poor little Katie, my daughter is about the same age, this is very frightening.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i know you identify/relate to this Cass because your daughter is the same age as poor little Katlyn. i remember south florida cases when my sons were little, Adam Walsh and Jimmy Ryce, that were gut-wrenching to me because of how closely i identified with the parents' pain and rage and grief. this is an affront to all parents. a terror. and nomatter how well we teach our children there is some beast who can overcome that teaching. all we can do is continue to talk to our children.
Cass

Post by Cass »

lady cop wrote: all we can do is continue to talk to our children. Noel and I talk about it all the time, paul thinks I'm paranoid - he is older and from england, he just doesn't 'get' how vunerable kids are these days with ann the pervs out there :mad:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

there's a fine line between educating kids and "paranoia". we don't want to scare them so badly that they are timid and live in fear. heck, WE don't want to live in fear. i am going to tell everyone something i have observed about stranger abductions over the years....first of all they are VERY RARE. (and amber alerts are for relative/family abductions too), most pedophiles/kidnappers are aware of kids who are on their own a lot, not a lot of supervision ... they may stalk the kid for a week or two. Carlie Brucia a classic case... and Elizabeth Smart the exception.
Cass

Post by Cass »

and little Samantha Runnion :(
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

and the list goes on............ :-1
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

there has been an arrest in this case, a 25-year-old male. i have no further details yet.
Cass

Post by Cass »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146225,00.html

— A 25-year-old man was charged Wednesday with abducting and killing a 10-year-old Crothersville girl, who was the subject of an Amber Alert last week, authorities said.

Charles "Chuckie" James Hickman of Crothersville, was preliminarily charged with murder, felony murder and criminal confinement in the killing of Katlyn "Katie" Collmansaid Crothersville Police Chief Norman Ford in a news release. Hickman was being held Wednesday at the Jackson County Jail awaiting his initial court hearing.

Police have been searching for Collman's killer since a state trooper found her body in a stream Sunday, five days after authorities say she apparently accepted a ride from a young man in a white truck while returning home from running an errand. The trooper found the body in a wooded area about a quarter of a mile off Interstate 65 about 15 miles north of Crothersville.

Collman, a fourth-grader at Crothersville Elementary, was last seen walking from a store on Jan. 22, about three blocks from her home after buying toilet paper, investigators have said.

Since her body was found, police said more than 50 federal, local and state officers have concentrated their efforts on finding her killer.

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

this is the bastard. he has confessed according to authorities. :mad:

Attached files
Cass

Post by Cass »

lady cop wrote: this is the bastard. he has confessed according to authorities. :mad:
Here is the composite they were looking for

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”