Illinois Amber Alert

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
Peg

Illinois Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

Amber Alert Issued for 1 Year Old Illinois Girl

Posted: Monday June 5, 2006: 1:15 AM CST

The Chicago Police Department and the State of Illinois issued the Amber Alert

after the child was abducted on Sunday evening and the mother murdered.

Guadalupe Medina , 1 year old. She's a female hispanic, is 2 feet tall and weighs 25 pounds.

she has brown hair and brown eyes.

The suspect is Daniel Medina, male Hispanic, 40 years of age, is 5 feet 8 inches tall, and

weighs 150 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.

The Suspect vehicle is a green Pontiac 2 door, Illinois license 6814694, possibly headed to

Mexico.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Chicago Police Department at 312-746-9259 or dial

K.Snyder

Illinois Amber Alert

Post by K.Snyder »

I heard on the news that a 5 day old infant was taken from a home upon gaining the trust of the childs mother by convincing her she was with the same hospital in which she delivered the child.

Im assuming she told her she needed to do some tests on the baby....but even then how in the world would the mother allow anyone, other than the imediate family, to be with the child unsupervised at 5 days old?

What is going on in the world, may I ask? Where are the values?
Peg

Illinois Amber Alert

Post by Peg »

http://www.wtov9.com/news/9319118/detail.html

Newborn Girl Kidnapped By Fake Nurse, Police Say

Woman Befriended Baby's Mother

POSTED: 6:52 am EDT June 5, 2006

UPDATED: 12:01 pm EDT June 5, 2006

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Lubbock police are getting tips from all over the state, but the search continues for a 5-day-old baby allegedly abducted from her home.

A woman posing as a nurse kidnapped the then-4-day-old girl Sunday, prompting an Amber Alert, police said.

Download, Print: Missing Child Poster

Priscilla Nicole Maldonado weighs 5.5 pounds and was last seen wearing a diaper and white socks, wrapped in a blue receiving blanket. She has jaundice and needs medical care, according to police.

The woman befriended mother Erica Ysasaga while she was in the hospital, and asked for her address when she was discharged, saying she had a swing and some clothes for the baby.

She visited the family Sunday afternoon and told the mother that she wanted to put the newborn in a baby pageant.

"I said, 'No, my baby is sick. She can't be out in public,"' Ysasaga said. "She said they would pay me $100 and my baby would win stuff."

On Sunday, the woman asked to take the baby to her brother's house, the Texas Department of Public Safety said. Ysasaga refused, instead going along and bringing the baby and her 2-year-old son, the Department of Public Safety said.

The four were returning to Ysasaga's home when the woman disappeared with Priscilla while the mother was distracted by her son, police Lt. Roy Bassett said.

No one at University Medical Center was familiar with the woman, who identified herself as Lisa Stewart, Bassett said. Officers said that name could be an alias.

Bassett said there was "nothing to indicate right now that she was an employee of any kind."

Police said they continue to canvass the neighborhood for clues, but they suspect the female suspect has ties to Lubbock.

Stewart is described as white, between 30 and 40 years old, 5 foot 3 inches to 5 foot 6 inches tall, 140-150 pounds with brownish/blond hair that was pulled back in a clip. She was last seen wearing a red dress with yellow sunflowers.

A red Pontiac sedan and white van were seen in the area of the disappearance in central Lubbock.

Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call Sgt. Scott Farmer at (806) 775-2793.

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”