Re: Love and Compassion - author :- macoooo

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I thought that all posts were to be in English ! Under the circumstances, and trying not to appear paranoic, as very few people (if any) in the UK or western countries understand this particular language, how on earth are we to know that illicit messages are not being sent to terrorist organsations ? You may think I'm being 'funny' but I can assure you I am being perfectly serious. Nobody knows who is reading this site. It may be a good idea to insist to this 'macoooo' that he must post in English. Just to make it clear, I am complaining about the flouting of (I believe) one of FG's rules. If this person insists on posting in Arabic, or whatever language that is, I would suggest removing him and his thread from Forum Garden forthwith. In any case I would ask that the offending foreign language post be deleted as a matter of security under the current climate. And of course, as I have duplicated this foreign stuff onto this thread, it would be good to delete the offending part as soon as it has been read by Admin.

Thread – Re: Love and Compassion – author macoooo

�*اخام يهودي: الإسلام هو ديانة آدم ونو�*.YouTube

�*اخام يهودي يفجرها نعم أعترف بنبوة النبي الأكرم م�*مد صلي الله عليه وسلم و الإسلام دين المستقبل

YouTube

also Christian

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

see here the true meaning

الشيخ ديدات الأب والأبن والأم والرو�* القدس

youtube

الشيخ ا�*مد ديدات يثبت تلاميذ وتابعين المسي�* لم يفهموه youtube

--Paul

he Is the founder of Christianity

Have nothing to do with the true gospel

ا�*مد ديدات التزييف فى الكتاب المقدس - Plaigirism in The Bible YouTube

---The truth

Islam, Christianity and Judaism

Source of the one divine

allah

But

Been corrupted Torah and the Gospels

So

Find different opinions

God says in the Holy Qur'an

(71) O People of the Scripture, why do you confuse the truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know [it]?

(157) Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

here

قصة إسلام الداعية الاسترالي موسى سرنتونيو youtube

but

The pagan, atheist, and so on

Does not recognize anything

Here a different kind of dialogue

‫أ�*مد ديدات - آيات قرآنية علمية تردع الملا�*ده‬‎ youtube

إثبات أن القران الكريم كلام الله خالق الكون youtube

allah guide all

\

Baha'i, the Shiites and so on

Have nothing to do with Islam�*

No matter how you try to prove a negative�*

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1492936 wrote: I thought that all posts were to be in English ! Under the circumstances, and trying not to appear paranoic, as very few people (if any) in the UK or western countries understand this particular language, how on earth are we to know that illicit messages are not being sent to terrorist organsations ? You may think I'm being 'funny' but I can assure you I am being perfectly serious. Nobody knows who is reading this site. It may be a good idea to insist to this 'macoooo' that he must post in English. Just to make it clear, I am complaining about the flouting of (I believe) one of FG's rules. If this person insists on posting in Arabic, or whatever language that is, I would suggest removing him and his thread from Forum Garden forthwith. In any case I would ask that the offending foreign language post be deleted as a matter of security under the current climate. And of course, as I have duplicated this foreign stuff onto this thread, it would be good to delete the offending part as soon as it has been read by Admin.

Thread – Re: Love and Compassion – author macoooo

�*اخام يهودي: الإسلام هو ديانة آدم ونو�*.YouTube

�*اخام يهودي يفجرها نعم أعترف بنبوة النبي الأكرم م�*مد صلي الله عليه وسلم و الإسلام دين المستقبل

YouTube

also Christian

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

see here the true meaning

الشيخ ديدات الأب والأبن والأم والرو�* القدس

youtube

الشيخ ا�*مد ديدات يثبت تلاميذ وتابعين المسي�* لم يفهموه youtube

--Paul

he Is the founder of Christianity

Have nothing to do with the true gospel

ا�*مد ديدات التزييف فى الكتاب المقدس - Plaigirism in The Bible YouTube

---The truth

Islam, Christianity and Judaism

Source of the one divine

allah

But

Been corrupted Torah and the Gospels

So

Find different opinions

God says in the Holy Qur'an

(71) O People of the Scripture, why do you confuse the truth with falsehood and conceal the truth while you know [it]?

(157) Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

here

قصة إسلام الداعية الاسترالي موسى سرنتونيو youtube

but

The pagan, atheist, and so on

Does not recognize anything

Here a different kind of dialogue

‫أ�*مد ديدات - آيات قرآنية علمية تردع الملا�*ده‬‎ youtube

إثبات أن القران الكريم كلام الله خالق الكون youtube

allah guide all

\

Baha'i, the Shiites and so on

Have nothing to do with Islam�*

No matter how you try to prove a negative�*

OK, last point first, this thread is in a private area that cannot be seen by anyone but a registered member (no spybots or search engines) so these can stay.

As to the Arabic itself, it's easy enough to translate and it's the titles of the youtube clips that he's included as part of the post. Are you suggesting that those clips should also be removed as they might contain hidden messages?

I've had a look through the rules, like you I thought that it specified English only but I cannot actually find such a rule. It could be that I should add one - what think the rest of you?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I dont think that a request to keep posts in English is unreasonable. It helps keep the site inclusive rather having members having their own little private discussions
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I don't see a problem at all. No link to the actual thread so when I've got ten mins I'll go searching
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, if several people began having a conversation in non-English, that might get into the "exclusion" issue. But these are just titles to youtube links.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Snowfire;1492948 wrote: I dont think that a request to keep posts in English is unreasonable. It helps keep the site inclusive rather having members having their own little private discussions

The post itself is in English - are you suggesting that we should ban *any* use of words in any other language?

I notice that, for example, Anne occasionally uses the odd Spanish phrase to add emphasis.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bryn Mawr;1492955 wrote: The post itself is in English - are you suggesting that we should ban *any* use of words in any other language?

I notice that, for example, Anne occasionally uses the odd Spanish phrase to add emphasis.

No no. Occasional foreign words or phrases arent a problem. As was suggested, translating it is very easy. It would be lazy not to.

Consistent use may be a problem. Coming to an English speaking Forum would assume a reasonable command of the language and would make swathes of foreign script unnecessary.
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I do believe that there should be a ruling that posts should be in plain English. Exceptions to this ruling would be, as has already been suggested, the occasional short phrase e.g. C'ést la vie, or similar. But surely you can see my point about using a foreign language in total in a post ? Particularly Arabic, in the present situation of terrorist activity. They have to send messages/information in some manner, so what better disguise than on a forum like Forum Garden (I expect the authorities have got FaceBook and Twitter etc covered )? OK so I'm paranoid, but you just go and pick the brains of the anti-terrorist department of the police. I expect that they have suspects under surveillance and also mobiles etc. 'tapped' and the terrorists would know this, so how would they get messages passed ? Simples !

macoooo obviously has a keyboard capable of typing Arabic. I do not know whether he is Muslim, but the fact that he uses Arabic when, quite honestly, it isn't necessary, creates a small amount of wariness in me. Oh yes, I do know that there must be thousands of thousands of Muslims in this country, and most of them are just simply going about their daily business and are perfectly innocent, but it is that small percentage of Muslims that one has to be vigilant over.

The other thing about macoooo is that he appears to be preaching sermons all the time in his posts ! I only read a couple of his posts, and that was enough for me until I saw his Arabic text !

What is he trying to do ? Convert us all into Muslims ? Don't worry, I'm refraining from reading any more of his threads.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1492962 wrote: I do believe that there should be a ruling that posts should be in plain English. Exceptions to this ruling would be, as has already been suggested, the occasional short phrase e.g. C'ést la vie, or similar. But surely you can see my point about using a foreign language in total in a post ? Particularly Arabic, in the present situation of terrorist activity. They have to send messages/information in some manner, so what better disguise than on a forum like Forum Garden (I expect the authorities have got FaceBook and Twitter etc covered )? OK so I'm paranoid, but you just go and pick the brains of the anti-terrorist department of the police. I expect that they have suspects under surveillance and also mobiles etc. 'tapped' and the terrorists would know this, so how would they get messages passed ? Simples !

macoooo obviously has a keyboard capable of typing Arabic. I do not know whether he is Muslim, but the fact that he uses Arabic when, quite honestly, it isn't necessary, creates a small amount of wariness in me. Oh yes, I do know that there must be thousands of thousands of Muslims in this country, and most of them are just simply going about their daily business and are perfectly innocent, but it is that small percentage of Muslims that one has to be vigilant over.

The other thing about macoooo is that he appears to be preaching sermons all the time in his posts ! I only read a couple of his posts, and that was enough for me until I saw his Arabic text !

What is he trying to do ? Convert us all into Muslims ? Don't worry, I'm refraining from reading any more of his threads.

But Gill, basically the post is in plain English with the occasional short phrase (one per video) in Arabic giving the title of the video.

It is so easy to translate the Arabic into English that no terrorist would try to pass plain text messages in that way and code word messages could just as easily be sent in English. And why go to that trouble to pass open messages when they can send encrypted messages on an iPhone6 that the FBI cannot read and Apple refuse to decode :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03j2qcf

Yes, macoooo is a Sunni Muslim but does that mean that he should be automatically banned? Is he "preaching sermons" any more that Gnostic Christian Bishop or Pahu?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

OK so there is absolutely no need to add a ruling concerning English language only on the board ? Fine. I was a bit worried, enough to draw attention to this person's activities. Do what you think is correct, it is your site after all, but please don't cast what I have said aside like so much nonsense.

As regards the 'preaching' aspect. I find it rather tiresome that so many threads are religion-based. I very rarely even glance at any posts within those threads - I am not religious. That leaves very few threads to choose to take part in, as most of the other threads are basically political in some way, and I'm fed up with having politics rammed down my throat. I try to think of subjects to open a new thread with, to offer something different for people to read and take part in, but it is rather difficult. I shall keep trying. Unfortunately the members who contributed different and sometimes intriguing subjects have been removed, because they contravened the rules of the site. Maybe they should be invited back but with better behaviour !

With reference to Pahu, has he ever posted any original thoughts ? From the few posts that I have seen, it certainly looks as if he is a firm believer......................................................................................................................................

in "Copy and Paste" - is he contravening copyright ? I just read a couple of lines and see that it is written as if from a professional publication, nothing original by Pahu, so I move elsewhere on the board. How can you have a discussion with somebody who cannot string his own thoughts together, but installs reams of other peoples' publications. He seems unable to discuss his chosen subjects. Gnostic Christian Biishop, I read a couple of his posts some long time ago, but now I just don't bother to read them, so I am not really familiar with his writings any more.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1492966 wrote: OK so there is absolutely no need to add a ruling concerning English language only on the board ? Fine. I was a bit worried, enough to draw attention to this person's activities. Do what you think is correct, it is your site after all, but please don't cast what I have said aside like so much nonsense.

As regards the 'preaching' aspect. I find it rather tiresome that so many threads are religion-based. I very rarely even glance at any posts within those threads - I am not religious. That leaves very few threads to choose to take part in, as most of the other threads are basically political in some way, and I'm fed up with having politics rammed down my throat. I try to think of subjects to open a new thread with, to offer something different for people to read and take part in, but it is rather difficult. I shall keep trying. Unfortunately the members who contributed different and sometimes intriguing subjects have been removed, because they contravened the rules of the site. Maybe they should be invited back but with better behaviour !

With reference to Pahu, has he ever posted any original thoughts ? From the few posts that I have seen, it certainly looks as if he is a firm believer......................................................................................................................................

in "Copy and Paste" - is he contravening copyright ? I just read a couple of lines and see that it is written as if from a professional publication, nothing original by Pahu, so I move elsewhere on the board. How can you have a discussion with somebody who cannot string his own thoughts together, but installs reams of other peoples' publications. He seems unable to discuss his chosen subjects. Gnostic Christian Biishop, I read a couple of his posts some long time ago, but now I just don't bother to read them, so I am not really familiar with his writings any more.

As I said in an earlier post I, like you, believed that there was already a rule that posts should be in English. Now that we've found that there is no such rule I'll add one.

I had no intention of casting what you said like so much nonsense and I'm sorry if you feel that I have - I was trying to allay your fears the the Garden would be used for terrorist messaging.

Posts in the Garden tend to go round in cycles - last month is was politics, this month religion, next month ... The more posts there are on a subject the more those posts generate on the same lines.

As to members being removed, there have only been two and they were banned because they directly threatened legal action against the site (quite viciously in one case) - I would not willingly invite either of them back.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Bryn I know you wouldn't discount anybody's post. Perhaps I should have worded it differently. I am glad, however, to see that you will be introducing an 'English Only' rule, and hopefully that will eliminate members having to check with the 'translator' facility ! There is also the removal of suspicion that somebody may be using this site for anti-social purposes. In this climate of terrorism risk, it would be unwise to be complacent, even on a comparatively minor domestic discussion/chat site such as this. You can be sure that Facebook and Twitter will be monitored on a regular basis and there are sure to be 'buzz word' sensors too. Thank you for your help, Bryn.

I do know of the members that were banned and it amazed me that one of them was so threatening towards this site. That particular member did their own spoiling by doing that. They were prolific thread starters and posters, some of which were quite interesting, and those members' removal certainly put a dent in the quantity of threads/posts. Having said that, I would still back the banning situation - enough warnings were put out, and quite frankly it is probably much better to have less threads/posts than have to suffer that sort of behaviour/attitude from somebody who thinks they can bully their way on a site all the time.

Return to “Reported Posts”