Reported Post by LarsMac

User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12063
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

LarsMac has reported a post.

Reason:This guy has taken his disrespect for others far enough.
Post: Jesus of Nazareth

Forum: General Religious Discussions

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Gnostic Christian Bishop

Original Content: AnneBoleyn;1486345 wrote: How do you know she wears skirts, is that a sexist presumption or am I a bitch for asking? You talk a lot of women's equality, but you can't see your remark as stereotypical. Or can you?


Sigh.

Ok.

Women are not know for wearing skirts.

I fight hard for women and have a great respect for them but you can go **** yourself.

Regards

DL
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by G#Gill »

Reading a few of the posts prior to Anne's comment, maybe Anne was goading him a little ? However, the man is rather disrespectful to people who dare to challenge him. One gets 'fed up' with his arrogant and rude attitude. Did you remove the original offending post he made in reply to Anne ? It appears to have gone anyway, I can't say I blame you. Even though there were asterisks prior to the word 'yourself' we all suspect what he said, and I'm glad moderators are keen to prevent such abusive words from being included in posts. Thank you LarsMac.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12063
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I marked the post "unapproved" but it is still there.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by G#Gill »

Well I'm mystified ! The last post on that thread is post 80 by GCB, as far as my laptop indicates ! I've just had my laptop taken right back to factory specs (because I think I've been presented with a virus, or a hacker). It even removed my Kaspersky ! But it left the icon and a notice that Kaspersky was still working ! But I could not raise the Kaspersky website and I could not get a scan or anything. Kaspersky was even missing from my 'All Programs ' via my 'Start' tab !

The tech engineer said that these days it was quite possible that somebody could do that to another PC - removing protection and thus simplifying access to PCs. I find myself wondering why the hell I bother to give myself ulcers patronising the flaming internet ! I have now installed McAfee. I just hope that that doesn't get sabotaged at some future date ! It has taught me one thing though, to make sure I set up roll-back dates at fairly regular intervals !

Anyway, IMO I think that GCB is an arrogant rather obnoxious know-all, who I don't think knows what being civil is. Although he seems reasonable enough until he is challenged and somebody upsets his ego !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Betty Boop »

I'll take a look at the thread in the morning, I disagree with hiding his post, I stand by my feelings that abusive posts should be left 'out there' for all to see. It keeps a consistent record of how certain people behave.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12063
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Well, I will un-mod it, if you wish.

And you're probably right.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

Betty Boop;1486359 wrote: I'll take a look at the thread in the morning, I disagree with hiding his post, I stand by my feelings that abusive posts should be left 'out there' for all to see. It keeps a consistent record of how certain people behave.


I agree, BB. These posts should be left on public display for the reasons mentioned above. I must admit I'm disappointed in GCB, though I'm not surprised. Is it just AB he's got a 'downer' on, or is it women in general? Possibly AB was a touch provocative by mentioning the word 'bitch', but she wasn't insulting GCB by doing so, whereas GCB's response was '**** yourself', and I seriously doubt that the asterisks were "help"!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12063
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1486364 wrote: I agree, BB. These posts should be left on public display for the reasons mentioned above. I must admit I'm disappointed in GCB, though I'm not surprised. Is it just AB he's got a 'downer' on, or is it women in general? Possibly AB was a touch provocative by mentioning the word 'bitch', but she wasn't insulting GCB by doing so, whereas GCB's response was '**** yourself', and I seriously doubt that the asterisks were "help"!


The asterisks were put there by the system to censor the actual characters he used.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1486373 wrote: The asterisks were put there by the system to censor the actual characters he used.


I realize that, Lars. If the word had been 'non-offensive', we would have been able to see it. Sometimes it get's it's 'knickers in a twist', though. I remember trying to write a word for a slightly derogatory

laugh (sounds like snickers), and all I got was an 's' at both ends and a line of asterisks!!:yh_rotfl
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

Lars, I would check out GCB's post no's. 86 & 87 (Jesus of Nazareth thread). He doesn't seem to be learning civility. Punishment time?:-5

His arrogance AND rudeness are not a good advert for FG.
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

Smaug has reported a post.

Reason:attempted proanity
Post: Jesus of Nazareth

Forum: General Religious Discussions

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Gnostic Christian Bishop

Original Content: AnneBoleyn;1486383 wrote: I doubt that very much. Dream on. Your telling me what I can do proves that. We've done well fighting for ourselves, btw. Find a cause that appreciates your input, if possible.


What is it about go **** yourself that you do not understand.

Regards

DL
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

Smaug has reported a post.

Reason:attempted proanity
Post: Jesus of Nazareth

Forum: General Religious Discussions

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Gnostic Christian Bishop

Original Content: Smaug;1486384 wrote: Here we go again!

What don't you understand about civility, GCB?

What use in apologising for your previous poor attitude/manners if you respond in this manner?

You're not going to make many friends or win admirers with this nonsense, are you?

Though you may score an infraction point at this rate!

Such would be my suggestion.


Duly ignored. I do not want or need friend like that ****.

Regards

DL
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12063
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Smaug;1486403 wrote: Lars, I would check out GCB's post no's. 86 & 87 (Jesus of Nazareth thread). He doesn't seem to be learning civility. Punishment time?:-5

His arrogance AND rudeness are not a good advert for FG.


Well, if it were up to me, he would be gone, already. However, my authority as a mod is fairly limited. (probably a good thing, as I tend to overreact, sometimes.)
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Betty Boop »

See what he does next, hopefully Bryn will be in soon.

I'm going to merge the two reported post threads.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12063
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Sometimes, one must overstep one's authority, and be willing to accept the consequences.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac;1486412 wrote: Sometimes, one must overstep one's authority, and be willing to accept the consequences.


No warning? No discussion about actually banning the man? Just do it?

This is why FG ended up with a bad name, banning people as a knee jerk reaction.

I asked him in the thread, given his response I would have come here and asked if we were in agreement to infract him in Bryns absence.

No, I come here to find him banned!!
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12063
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Betty Boop;1486413 wrote: No warning? No discussion about actually banning the man? Just do it?

This is why FG ended up with a bad name, banning people as a knee jerk reaction.

I asked him in the thread, given his response I would have come here and asked if we were in agreement to infract him in Bryns absence.

No, I come here to find him banned!!


Sorry.

But, that was no knee-jerk reaction. Given his response to your post, it seemed obvious that he has no intention of being civil.

He has been banned from a number of forums for just such behavior.

Allowing him to behave like that will do more to ruin FG's reputation than sending him packing.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by G#Gill »

BB, what LarsMac has done is of no surprise to me. GCB, as I have said before, is IMO an arrogant, obnoxious egotistical know-it-all who has no wish to behave in a civilised manner when he is challenged. GCB seems incapable of being civilised nor seems to have the desire to be so, nor to apologise for his disgusting gutter display of profanities!

Thank you LarsMac. :yh_clap
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Betty Boop »

Of course you agree Gill, it's one of your religious nutjobs gone from the site, you have been waging war with them for weeks.

By the way, I do not think what was said was acceptable. Action needed to be taken in the form of infraction. The guy was last infracted over a year ago. Another one tonight would have been the way to go first.

I'm sorry if I give people the benefit of the doubt, he curbed his abusiveness once before and maintained it, who are we to know what is going on in his life. He could have easily have come back in again tomorrow and realised he had made a mistake.

Others here have had many many many many warnings before they got an outright banning.

I will also say that the site as a whole will look downright stupid and inept if that banning is now reversed.
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you BB for your comments. On the contrary I have not been 'waging war' as you put it. I have just been trying to balance the front page of FG up a little so that guest readers are not under the impression the Forum Garden has become a totally religious site ! Or would you prefer it if every thread on show was to do with one religion or another ? Believe it or not, I am sad that Gnostic Christian Bishop has had to be banned through his own bad language and unbending stance over apologising to another member that he badly insulted. I would much rather have seen him change his attitude towards another member's fair challenge !

As an observation, GCB did not maintain his reformed attitude for a very long time, did he ? I think that most people would agree that GCB is the sort of person who would behave for a while, then revert back to his previous bad behaviour, so does FG want that sort of hassle over and over again ?

I'm not sure if LarsMac has made the ban a 'lifetime ban' or giving GCB a break from FG for a period of time, then lifting the ban and letting him post again - a short holiday (as Bryn Mawr might have said).

By the way, BB, at least I haven't called anybody a 'nutjob' ! :yh_whistl:yh_giggle
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

LarsMac;1486414 wrote: Sorry.

But, that was no knee-jerk reaction. Given his response to your post, it seemed obvious that he has no intention of being civil.

He has been banned from a number of forums for just such behavior.

Allowing him to behave like that will do more to ruin FG's reputation than sending him packing.


Personally, I think you have acted correctly here, Lars; you've got my support! GCB showed no sign of contrition, and seemed to be challenging anyone to 'do something about it', plus he was offensive ( and not for the first time - not by a 'long chalk'!). GCB's had the benefit of the doubt several times already, enough is enough.

Stout fellow!:yh_clap
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
User avatar
Bryn Mawr
Posts: 15792
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:54 pm

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Sorry, not only are we in Crete but we went away for a few days to a village on the other side of the island.

GCB has been building up to this for some while. His post was out of order and unacceptable and his follow up was no better and deserving of a ban. I am unhappy, however, with going from an infraction over a year ago to a permanent ban with no chance of reform.

I therefore propose to convert the permanent ban to a seven day temporary with a PM to the guy stating very clearly that he's in last chance saloon and any further posts of that nature with be an immediate and permanent ban.
User avatar
spot
Posts: 37964
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Brigstowe

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1486453 wrote: Sorry, not only are we in Crete but we went away for a few days to a village on the other side of the island.
Good lord... Greek wife-swapping parties.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 15582
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1486453 wrote: Sorry, not only are we in Crete but we went away for a few days to a village on the other side of the island.

GCB has been building up to this for some while. His post was out of order and unacceptable and his follow up was no better and deserving of a ban. I am unhappy, however, with going from an infraction over a year ago to a permanent ban with no chance of reform.

I therefore propose to convert the permanent ban to a seven day temporary with a PM to the guy stating very clearly that he's in last chance saloon and any further posts of that nature with be an immediate and permanent ban.


He didn't show any sign of apologising but he apparently did take the sensible option of putting Anne on ignore so he was taking a very tiny step towards curbing his behaviour in my opinion. A few more pushes and he may well have realised he should have apologised.
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by G#Gill »

Bryn Mawr;1486453 wrote: Sorry, not only are we in Crete but we went away for a few days to a village on the other side of the island.

GCB has been building up to this for some while. His post was out of order and unacceptable and his follow up was no better and deserving of a ban. I am unhappy, however, with going from an infraction over a year ago to a permanent ban with no chance of reform.

I therefore propose to convert the permanent ban to a seven day temporary with a PM to the guy stating very clearly that he's in last chance saloon and any further posts of that nature with be an immediate and permanent ban.


That seems fair enough, Bryn. I take it that you will PM GCB with the news ? Will he reform? Maybe, but I ain't holding my breath !

By the way, I hope you have a good break in Crete, you lucky fella !!!
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14725
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by G#Gill »

Betty Boop;1486457 wrote: He didn't show any sign of apologising but he apparently did take the sensible option of putting Anne on ignore so he was taking a very tiny step towards curbing his behaviour in my opinion. A few more pushes and he may well have realised he should have apologised.


I don't think 'apologise' is part of GCB's vocabulary, but I suppose one can hope !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

Betty Boop;1486457 wrote: He didn't show any sign of apologising but he apparently did take the sensible option of putting Anne on ignore so he was taking a very tiny step towards curbing his behaviour in my opinion. A few more pushes and he may well have realised he should have apologised.


It took him long enough to apologise last time, and he did so only after MUCH 'hounding'. He admitted apologising doesn't come easy to him!
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.
User avatar
Smaug
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:44 am

Reported Post by LarsMac

Post by Smaug »

Bryn Mawr;1486453 wrote: Sorry, not only are we in Crete but we went away for a few days to a village on the other side of the island.

GCB has been building up to this for some while. His post was out of order and unacceptable and his follow up was no better and deserving of a ban. I am unhappy, however, with going from an infraction over a year ago to a permanent ban with no chance of reform.

I therefore propose to convert the permanent ban to a seven day temporary with a PM to the guy stating very clearly that he's in last chance saloon and any further posts of that nature with be an immediate and permanent ban.


Sounds reasonable to me, Bryn Mawr. Permanent banning should only be used as a last resort. Maybe this will appraise him of his shortcomings.

We shall see....
" To finish first, first you have to finish!" Rick Mears. 4x Winner Indy 500. 3x Indycar National Champion.

Return to “Reported Posts”