Reported Post by G#Gill

LarsMac

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by LarsMac »

I just assume that he is kidding, until he proves otherwise.

It's simpler, that way.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
Snowfire

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by Snowfire »

Betty Boop;1478663 wrote: I personally think, as much as spot hates them, he could do with using smileys to back up his posts. I often read his posts three or four times whilst trying to consider if he's joking or not! Sometimes it's incredibly difficult to be sure but a smiley after his words may give us mere mortals a clue as to whether he's deadly serious or pulling a leg.

I don't see spot using one of these :yh_rotfl any time soon.

Hes never been a "smiley" type.

In the early days I struggled but now I "get him"....ish
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Bryn Mawr

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1478663 wrote: I personally think, as much as spot hates them, he could do with using smileys to back up his posts. I often read his posts three or four times whilst trying to consider if he's joking or not! Sometimes it's incredibly difficult to be sure but a smiley after his words may give us mere mortals a clue as to whether he's deadly serious or pulling a leg.

Totally agree, if it was meant as a joke but not flagged as one then one cannot be surprised if someone with a different sense of humour reads it straight and takes offence, hence inadvertent - it might not be the intent but it is the effect.
flopstock

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1478664 wrote: I just assume that he is kidding, until he proves otherwise.

It's simpler, that way.

He is a stitch and a half... isn't he? LOL
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

flopstock

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by flopstock »

Bryn Mawr;1478666 wrote: Totally agree, if it was meant as a joke but not flagged as one then one cannot be surprised if someone with a different sense of humour reads it straight and takes offence, hence inadvertent - it might not be the intent but it is the effect. I have to disagree. While I like to tease folks, there people out there who use smilies to camouflage and protect themselves from some pretty piss poor behavior . They get going and you can almost hear the near hysteria in their posts ... followed up with the 'rolling on the floor critter' to give them the 'out' that they were 'just kidding' :thinking:

Spot posts without enhancement. He always has. I don't think it is right to suggest the use of 'street signs' to indicate which road to take when reading him.

And how did this turn into a spot discussion anyways?... always such an attention seeker, our spot...:p
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by spot »

flopstock;1478675 wrote: always such an attention seeker, our spot...:pYou got me very interested. I would really like to know you closer! I want to communicate with you and look deeply about your interests. I hope your mutual understanding! And possible reciprocity! Actually, I would like to meet! Please post my phone number!
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
flopstock

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by flopstock »

spot;1478676 wrote: You got me very interested. I would really like to know you closer! I want to communicate with you and look deeply about your interests. I hope your mutual understanding! And possible reciprocity! Actually, I would like to meet! Please post my phone number!

I told you years ago that if you ever find yourself in Illinois, I have a bedroom in my basement you are welcome to use... I'll even take the padlock off the door while you step inside. :)

Bryn Mawr

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;1478675 wrote: I have to disagree. While I like to tease folks, there people out there who use smilies to camouflage and protect themselves from some pretty piss poor behavior . They get going and you can almost hear the near hysteria in their posts ... followed up with the 'rolling on the floor critter' to give them the 'out' that they were 'just kidding' :thinking:

Spot posts without enhancement. He always has. I don't think it is right to suggest the use of 'street signs' to indicate which road to take when reading him.

And how did this turn into a spot discussion anyways?... always such an attention seeker, our spot...:p

And I cannot see him ever changing that, nor would I suggest that he does, but he cannot do so and insist that his posts are unambiguous and can never cause offence when he intended them to be humorous.
flopstock

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by flopstock »

Bryn Mawr;1478681 wrote: And I cannot see him ever changing that, nor would I suggest that he does, but he cannot do so and insist that his posts are unambiguous and can never cause offence when he intended them to be humorous.
To my mind, he can and here is why - people make posts that are clearly not humorous and couch them in smilie faces to give themselves the cover of humor if someone gets offended. Then they turn it around on them for not having a sense of humor about it because they clearly indicated they were joking.

This, I have seen happen on this very site.. :sneaky::lips:

Now I'll stop , lest Spot gets the impression he doesn't piss me off half the time with his posts..:yh_rotfl

Return to “Reported Posts”