Reported Post by G#Gill

G#Gill

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

G#Gill has reported a post.

Reason:I do not appreciate being told in public to **** off ! Neither do I appreciate being accused of licking somebody's cock ! Also said in public. To say I'm disgusted and very badly hurt is an understatement. There is absolutely no need for this person to be so disgustingly nasty on an open board. I must say that I have made allowances in the past for her iffy language and her reference to me "wetting my nickers" over another member. I'm a bloody pensioner for pity's sake, not an adolescent teenager !

I do appreciate that AnneBoleyn hasn't been dealt a very good life hand, but there is a limit to my making allowances. I have reached my limit now. I don't think I have done or said anything to deserve such a dreadful reaction from that person.

Forum: Health and Drug Concerns

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: AnneBoleyn

Original Content: G#Gill;1476422 wrote: I've checked through as many posts as possible and can find no post by HT that says he has put AnneBoleyn on 'Ignore', or any posts which have been less than polite to her, so it seems that it is AnneBoleyn who has announced that HT has put her on 'Ignore', and if she had said nothing then nobody else would have been any the wiser. This, therefore, seems to make it a one-way rant by AB and I can understand why there is anger from HT, as he is the innocent party and is not involved, in fact, in what AB is saying. I, innocently, was only trying to get things back to status quo, and I have obviously failed miserably by getting my facts wrong. I am sorry to all those who have been affected by my interfering. particularly HT. It wasn't meant to cause such distress to anybody. I hope that can be an end to it all.

From the thread 'Oscar & Peter', all quotes by HT. It is I whom he is referring to, when I answered, you will see ME:

"I agree with you. The “ignore” function isn't as much as a silent punishment for the antagonist as it is a measure of insurance that you won't be subjected to “the last drop” and give it back in kind. It helps you to maintain your own integrity at a time when you feel your limits are nearing. I have been compelled to place only one person on that list - and I feel liberated."

My reply: "It's me. HT is still pissed off over Jane Fonda. He also dropped me from his friend's list. We used to share many a confidence, & his stubborn attitude has hurt my feelings & I cringe when I see his name. As I have said many times, most people Never Forgive. The fact that he has mentioned this twice already, the Ignore I mean, & his "liberation" just shows me I was wrong about him & he is a very nasty man. And why twice? A need to rub it in? To belittle & hurt a person hurt enough by life already? Thank goodness this is only a message board."

"I agree with you. The problem arises when someone you trust (others are irrelevant) has broken your trust and/or insulted you without due cause. Once is OK but more than that is not. I'm not American and I don't play baseball. I give 2 strikes …. then they're out. I don't need responsibility if there is no appreciation. If misery loves company then they'll have to find someone else to share it with"

Originally Posted by FourPart View Post

I thought the Ignore function was just to protect from Private Messages.

"Ha-ha! No. I affords FULL protection."

Me: "Since I am obviously a better person on the Human Being scale (you may call me HighER Threshold) I will be Ignoring your Ignore. I am also a more forgiving, understanding, compassionate friend. I have apologized, but only 2 times so I'm out. That's not my truth in my world. I'll share your misery (not that I ever gave you any to grieve over except a misunderstanding) because that's what a friend shows, Strength. It takes a strong person to be mature, not childish; you break, I bend. You obviously put great trust in me, I failed you and came crashing down from the pedestal you placed me on. I'm only a human being, afterall.

You see, sometimes something interesting you say wants my comments, my input, my opinions. Since I'm ignored, you won't see it, but others will & I'm hoping if it is provocative enough, others will have the necessary gumption to give me the courtesy of a comment or answer.

Don't be afraid, I promise never to offend your delicate feelings again, mamselle. I'll walk on eggshells, I'm graceful enough to do that."

"In addition to what Betty Boop says about “choosing to be bothered about it... or not” the button spares you from reverting to “closing your eyes, putting your fingers in your ears and singing la la la” - and it also cuts the page down half so you can get on to input you think worthy of your attention, rather than skimming through.

NOTE. It needn't be someone you dislike who needs to be obscured. I mean, let's say that an old school chum has become such an alcoholic that he sits on the same corner every day, half-conscious, and you've already tried to help him out, to no avail. He doesn't want to be helped. Would you want to see him daily on his collision course with self-destruction? The ignore button can function as “taking another route”."

"That is certainly true. But what if the views you were at odds with were not political but personal, agressive and/or slanderous sort? Would you feel the same way about risking missing the fluffy ones?

Let's keep it straight. We are discussing the merits (or lack of) the "ignore function". Are you really saying that dissimilar veiws on political opinion is the worst it can get?"

ME: "His aim was not to ignore me---it was to TELL ME he is ignoring me, or else he would not have mentioned it twice! in 2 separate threads. Draw your own conclusions, mine is "passive-aggressive." "

"Well yes, but a BAN is for the benefit of the whole forum, as perceived by admin of course. IGNORE is an independent benefit, as perceived by the individual, naturally.

I agree with you 100% that differences in political opinion or motivation is much too a minor thing to put someone on “ignore”, especially when that person is appreciated on other subjects … as you say. Who wouldn't agree with you? But I still maintain that the “ignore function” is a blessing for other circumstances. Perhaps we agree on that point as well, and I've only misunderstood you?

What I do not agree with is your own spin on the metaphor: Ignoring a drunk (particularly if you know him personally) is NOT to just pretend a/the/his problem doesn't exist. There are tons of reasons why one might want to ignore a drunk, none (of which I have in mind) would indicate denying or pretending a/the/his problem does not exist.

And then there is the personal or general antagonist, chip-on-the shoulder, stalker, troll, whatever. To put him on “ignore” is a wise thing to do, I'd say …. or do you feel ignoring your own personal antagonist is to pretend such people do not exist? Surely not."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can find the other thread I referred to, but I'd rather not bother. You participated in this thread Gill, giggling about the whole thing.

Looks like you failed miserably again. Maybe it's your alta kaka showing.

You said: " so it seems that it is AnneBoleyn who has announced that HT has put her on 'Ignore', and if she had said nothing then nobody else would have been any the wiser. This, therefore, seems to make it a one-way rant by AB "

I don't like that, and there is no reason for me to be quiet. I don't want to be quiet. Maybe YOU should be quiet & stop wetting your panties over this nasty man. We have discussed this privately already, yet YOU are going public. This is a small forum. To write what he has written is totally disrespectful to me.

Seems also that this is your one-way rant, Gillie, olde girl. Since you took it upon yourself to write this post which was not necessary except to lick his cock, I do not have pleasant feelings for you right now. In other words, F*U*C*K* off, thank you very much.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Is it possible to delete that long post of AnneBoleyn's. It is so offensive, hurtful and disgusting. All I can say is that she must be so eaten up with bitterness that she has to spill it out somewhere. Hard lines Forum Garden and G#Gill.
LarsMac

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by LarsMac »

I would like to go delete the entire conversation that led up to that. It is completely off topic, and of a ridiculous nature, IMHO.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
G#Gill

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I would totally agree with you LM. It has really depressed me, all that bile, and it was not just on the open board but I got several PMs as well. It is no encouragement to try to help somebody. I just wanted those two to be peaceful with each other, that's all. I shall try to just keep my own council in future, and certainly not interfere again.
Betty Boop

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by Betty Boop »

No, disagree, it should not be deleted. That is old style moderation. I'm not saying Anne should get away with any of that either. I'll be back to comment more in a bit.
Betty Boop

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by Betty Boop »

I believe in the power of open moderation because it is left there for people to see. I also believe that when Anne eventually calms down she will show remorse.

However, I also think she has broken FG rules here

post inappropriate language or graphic: some members use this site at work
and here

engage in baiting, threatening, insulting, or disruptive behavior to an extent which affects another user's ability to engage in forum discussions

Both of the above are infractable offences, it seems to me, that the longer HT has AB on ignore the more it's driving her mad. He has done the right thing and she somehow feels that it's some sort of terrible punishment for her. She should never have kicked off like that in the first place, it's not Gill's fault she fell out with HT and he's not prepared to patch things up. She also shouldn't be allowed to get away with taking measures to get around the swear filters!
Betty Boop

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by Betty Boop »

I will go and remove the offensive f off bit though. That bit shouldn't stay there and it can be re-instated if it's decided it's ok.

I also took away the part about licking his member.

Gill, I realise it is a very upsetting post, and no doubt you are annoyed and upset I have voiced that I think it should stay. For me it shows more about Anne than it does about you. I'm still getting my head round that someone would take the time to write all that crap and then actually post it!!

At the end of the day it's up to Bryn if it should stay or go, or maybe all the off topic bits in the thread will end up in their own thread. But I still stand by the fact that any sort of crap like that should stay out there for anyone to see.
G#Gill

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I understand your thinking, and you are right to show the poster for what they are at that time, any way. I'm no prude BB and I can swear like anybody else can, but those revolting words just turn my stomach tbh. and how anybody has the foul-mindedness to even think about writing those words on a public board is beyond me ! AB said to me some while ago that she wanted to "grow old disgracefully" like on my signature, and how do I do it ? Well I think she has done a lot better than I ever could !!!!

Perhaps you could dump all the offending posts in their own thread and then put them in the Compost Pile ?

Oh and BTW don't worry about me being upset and angry, I'm not at you, but I am at AB, she made sure I got the message by sending me several PM's on Friday as well as that wonderful post on the board !

With regard to your last paragraph about leaving anything like that on the board for other people to read, makes we wonder if it could be counter productive when guest readers see that sort of thing and start to wonder what sort of a site Forum Garden really is ! Just a thought.
Bryn Mawr

Reported Post by G#Gill

Post by Bryn Mawr »

OK, I'm back from the boat to find this little mess :-(

I don't know why but Anne does appear to have a problem with having been put on ignore and has pushed the edge of acceptability when commenting about it several times.

This post and the language in it are unacceptable and I've given her a (very) short time out to consider her position.

Return to “Reported Posts”