Reported Post by spot

spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

spot has reported a post.

Reason:Can someone please point out to Grumpy that these children have families and his post is beyond simply inappropriate. ForumGarden doesn't exist to spread this form of blight across the Internet, he needs to find a different outlet. I'm convinced he actually thinks his posts are amusing.
Post: victims or terrorists bleat for the 3 girls that went to syria.. the AA grumpy column

Forum: General Chit Chat

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: AA grumpy

Original Content: welcome to grumpy towers excuse the mess im having the place redecorated

did anyone catch question time last night?

i was surprised by that bald pompus ukip fool mark reckless calling these girls groomed victims not terrorists..reckless by name reckless by nature. this of course prompted some left wing sheep bleating from the audience in support of this idiots comment although the majority of the audience agreed these girls were terrorists.

they made their beds so they can now lie on them for as soon as they stepped onto syrian soil they all commited treason against the uk traveling to syria on british passports yet the police are over there trying to find them and bring them back at the tax payers expense or is it just an excuse for a paid police jolly.

personally i now hope that we wont see these 3 girls again and they will each end up with a government forces bullet in their skulls or swinging from a rope doing the flip flop dance with jhadi jhon

as they all head for mecca...and not to play bingo either
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

I agree with you spot. He has gone too far with what he is saying about those girls. Yes it is possible that relatives could be reading this site. I wonder why he doesn't stop to think what he is saying before he types the words ? Sorry Grumpy but you have over-stepped the mark again ! You are entitled to an opinion but it is definitely inappropriate to type such nasty words the way you have in that post !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Ahso!

Reported Post by spot

Post by Ahso! »

#4?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

Ahso!;1474871 wrote: #4?

Pardon ! Please explain................
spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1474873 wrote: Pardon ! Please explain................

Ahso! notes that, under the current ForumGarden management, three posters have had permanent bans. He wonders whether this might herald a fourth. Ahso! is not a chap to use a hundred words when three characters says the same thing.
Ahso!

Reported Post by spot

Post by Ahso! »

Admittedly, it's not a mysterious as #9.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1474877 wrote: Ahso! notes that, under the current ForumGarden management, three posters have had permanent bans. He wonders whether this might herald a fourth. Ahso! is not a chap to use a hundred words when three characters says the same thing.

Then there's no way he can be in the civil service !
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1474877 wrote: Ahso! notes that, under the current ForumGarden management, three posters have had permanent bans. He wonders whether this might herald a fourth. Ahso! is not a chap to use a hundred words when three characters says the same thing.

Then explain to me what " #9 " is please, and why mysterious ?
LarsMac

Reported Post by spot

Post by LarsMac »

G#Gill;1474886 wrote: Then explain to me what " #9 " is please, and why mysterious ?

Revolution #9
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
LarsMac

Reported Post by spot

Post by LarsMac »

That is some pretty harsh stuff. But then I find most of his stuff to be a bit on the nasty side.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

LarsMac;1474888 wrote: Revolution #9

Sorry I am being particularly thick today (as most days !), but I still don't understand ! Also why can't I find Grumpy's latest thread that this complaint is about ? Has it been deleted already ?
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1474891 wrote: Sorry I am being particularly thick today (as most days !), but I still don't understand ! Also why can't I find Grumpy's latest thread that this complaint is about ? Has it been deleted already ?

The reported post is quoted in full at the start of this thread. The post has been unapproved until a decision has been made here, because I'm not prepared to have the rest of the world see it while we're discussing it. Nobody other than subscribing members of ForumGarden can see this reported post thread or the text that was posted by Andy.

The Beatles had an eight minute track on the Double White album called Revolution 9 and it was considered mysterious by most who heard it - "the biggest pop band in the world exposed millions of fans to a really great and certainly frightening piece of avant-garde art" is the kindest interpretation on the Wikipedia article.
flopstock

Reported Post by spot

Post by flopstock »

I don't much care for the end of his post, but it is clearly identified as his opinion by 'personally'.

jihadi john has family also and yet no one hesitates to stand outside their doors and discuss this 'monster'.

Girls at that age are married and I would imagine that these three are not far from being paraded for us all. They made a choice.

If you disagree with what he has to say, post and tell him why.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;1474896 wrote: I don't much care for the end of his post, but it is clearly identified as his opinion by 'personally'.

jihadi john has family also and yet no one hesitates to stand outside their doors and discuss this 'monster'.

Girls at that age are married and I would imagine that these three are not far from being paraded for us all. They made a choice.

If you disagree with what he has to say, post and tell him why.He's discussing three living British schoolchildren and calling on people to kill them, suggesting Special Forces assassination or hanging. I do not believe this site has any place for this sort of insane crass bluster. It's not a matter of whether his speech is legal, it's a matter of whether it adheres to this site's policy.
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

As Andy is not a subscribing member, he will not be able to read this thread, so I expect he will be wondering where his thread has disappeared to ! I don't suppose he will be surprised that it has been suspended at the moment any way.

Apparently, Flopstock, Jihadi John's UK home is empty at the moment. No surprise there, I expect his devastated parents are elsewhere for their own safety.
spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

G#Gill;1474900 wrote: As Andy is not a subscribing member, he will not be able to read this thread, so I expect he will be wondering where his thread has disappeared to !No, Gill, he had a PM informing him of where his new post went and why, and what we're doing about it.
flopstock

Reported Post by spot

Post by flopstock »

spot;1474899 wrote: He's discussing three living British schoolchildren and calling on people to kill them, suggesting Special Forces assassination or hanging. I do not believe this site has any place for this sort of insane crass bluster. It's not a matter of whether his speech is legal, it's a matter of whether it adheres to this site's policy.

These are not children who have run away from home to join the circus. I don't imagine that they for one moment thought they would be doing charity work. They wanted to join a terrorist group.

If they made it, they have probably been married off already.

Perhaps he could be asked to change his wording to reflect that he hopes they get what he feels they have coming rather than spelling it out like he has?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Reported Post by spot

Post by Ahso! »

A suggestion:

If a thread or post conflicts with ownership's philosophy, yet management wishes to respect free speech, then perhaps keeping such posts and thread confined to paying members access only and outside the view of the general public might be a solution. Other forums do this quite successfully though it does require more work both on the forum and behind the scene.

I personally don't ever read anything Grumpy posts.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Reported Post by spot

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1474904 wrote: A suggestion:

If a thread or post conflicts with ownership's philosophy, yet management wishes to respect free speech, then perhaps keeping such posts and thread confined to paying members access only and outside the view of the general public might be a solution. Other forums do this quite successfully though it does require more work both on the forum and behind the scene.

I personally don't ever read anything Grumpy posts.

That idea has some merit. But I don't see Grumps paying for a subscription, just so he can post his mind spew.
Ahso!

Reported Post by spot

Post by Ahso! »

LarsMac;1474906 wrote: That idea has some merit. But I don't see Grumps paying for a subscription, just so he can post his mind spew.Which might motivate him to cease on his own, which I expect to be what management prefers.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Reported Post by spot

Post by Ahso! »

Ahso!;1474908 wrote: Which might motivate him to cease on his own, which I expect to be what management prefers.Or Grumpy can be confined to a certain forum with different rules and access. This is also common practice elsewhere.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

flopstock;1474896 wrote: I don't much care for the end of his post, but it is clearly identified as his opinion by 'personally'.

If you disagree with what he has to say, post and tell him why.

Do you honestly believe that girls of 15 and 16 years old and brought up in the UK can really make a mature decision about something as serious as ISIS ? In my opinion I believe those girls have been 'got at' and 'brainwashed' by members of that terrorist organisation, and their parents (like Jihadi John's) are devastated.
YZGI

Reported Post by spot

Post by YZGI »

G#Gill;1474913 wrote: Do you honestly believe that girls of 15 and 16 years old and brought up in the UK can really make a mature decision about something as serious as ISIS ? In my opinion I believe those girls have been 'got at' and 'brainwashed' by members of that terrorist organisation, and their parents (like Jihadi John's) are devastated.

So, if they committed a crime you would not want to charge them as an adult?
G#Gill

Reported Post by spot

Post by G#Gill »

YZGI;1474921 wrote: So, if they committed a crime you would not want to charge them as an adult?

Wisey, in the UK they are classed as children. Unless, of course, somebody knows differently.

Legal definitions | NSPCC
YZGI

Reported Post by spot

Post by YZGI »

From your link:

Age of criminal responsibility for children

The age of criminal responsibility in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is 10 years old.

Criminal responsibility is based on when a child is considered capable of committing a crime and old enough to stand trial and be convicted of a criminal offence.

In Scotland the age of criminal responsibility is 8 years old but the age at which a child can be prosecuted is 12 years. Children under 12 may be referred to a social worker and a children’s hearing. A children’s hearing is a legal meeting and decisions made can become part of a criminal record.

Legal definitions | NSPCC
spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;1474924 wrote: Age of criminal responsibility for children

The age of criminal responsibility in England, Wales and Northern Ireland is 10 years old.

It's not a matter of criminal responsibility. In England there are laws covering the prosecution of young offenders, those being aged 17 or under.

Youth Offenders: Legal Guidance: The Crown Prosecution Service is a dreadfully detailed description of what goes on.

I'm sure it's all very different to what happens in the USA.

The effect is that the decision to prosecute, and the sentencing, is viewed from the perspective of rehabilitating the youth offender as opposed to imposing retributive or exemplary punishment which would be relevant in adult courts.

Perhaps Gill knows what part of her NSPCC page was relevant, but I don't.
flopstock

Reported Post by spot

Post by flopstock »

YZGI;1474921 wrote: So, if they committed a crime you would not want to charge them as an adult?

All I know is that if these three girls suddenly return home in 6 months I don't want them to: a - live next to me or b - walk into a shop or restaurant I'm at.

But this is all conversation we could be having on the thread, IMO

LarsMac

Reported Post by spot

Post by LarsMac »

Back to Grumpy,

I think he raises a question worth discussing, but I would suggest he reconsider that second paragraph.
Betty Boop

Reported Post by spot

Post by Betty Boop »

Has the matter been settled and he's been given permission to re-post?
Betty Boop

Reported Post by spot

Post by Betty Boop »

Betty Boop;1474946 wrote: Has the matter been settled and he's been given permission to re-post?

I've just pm'd him asking him if he's been given permission to re-post.
spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

I have a PM from him, that's all:

3 girls go to syria

have reposted a toned down version of the story.

09:04pm
Betty Boop

Reported Post by spot

Post by Betty Boop »

Not 'very' toned down.

Vile. Rude and constantly taking matters into his own hands, he was told it was under discussion, he should have waited to see the outcome, or maybe offered up a toned down version in a PM. All I see from grumps is total dis-respect for any one here that dares tell him he's over the top and out of order.
Bryn Mawr

Reported Post by spot

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1474908 wrote: Which might motivate him to cease on his own, which I expect to be what management prefers.

Actually, management would prefer him to remain as a poster but to abide by the site rules.

It was made clear after HT's recent thread that posts advocating acts of terrorism or murder will not be tollerated in the Garden. This post definitely pushes the boundaries but expresses it as a personal preference for the state to apply a death penalty we do not have or for the state to assasinate them which we, being British, would never do rather than inciting a member of the public to murder them. Rather a thin line but a line nontheless.

Personally, I agree with post #14, the best way to defeat this sort of thinking is by showing it up for the nonsense it is in open discussion but I also think that Grumpy should be made aware that he has pushed the boundary far enough and can go no further.

I would also be against special rules for specific posters, the same rules should apply for all members and if a member cannot abide by the rules then hiding him away in a special forum so that the outside world cannot see him is not the answer.

Return to “Reported Posts”