Reported Post by spot

spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

spot has reported a post.

Reason:The man isn't yet in his grave. I've unapproved this post pending Reported Post discussion. It's in the absolute worst possible taste. Nobody, anywhere, except oscar, has suggested Leon Brittan abused children. It's a filthy post and has no place on this site.

Forum: Current Events

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Oscar Namechange

Original Content: flopstock;1472383 wrote: That's what I was thinking when I read the bit. I wonder if he was the scapegoat. There Is a trend to that In this country. Jimmy Savile apparently was known to have abused children while he was alive yet the scandal never broke until he died. Then we had another MP, Cyril Smith a Liberal who according to some was known for abusing children. Again, the evidence and the scandal never broke until the moment he died. Now Leon Brittan has died. It'll worth watching to see If his crimes, If any, suddenly come to light now he's dead.

My own cynical opinion Is that authorities know all about these high profile child abusers but dead men can't sue.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

My PM to oscar:

I have for the time being removed your post regarding Leon Brittan while it is discussed in the Reported Post forum. I have done this because of the following words:

It'll worth watching to see If his crimes, If any, suddenly come to light now he's dead.

My own cynical opinion Is that authorities know all about these high profile child abusers but dead men can't sue.

Please discuss this issue, if you want to discuss it, with Betty Boop and Bryn Mawr. They will keep you informed.
flopstock

Reported Post by spot

Post by flopstock »

spot;1472394 wrote: spot has reported a post.

Reason:

Forum: Current Events

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Oscar Namechange

Original Content:

I don't know that I care for calling dead folks something you wouldn't or didn't have the balls to call them when they were alive. Maybe give her the opportunity to reword it?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Reported Post by spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;1472406 wrote: I don't know that I care for calling dead folks something you wouldn't or didn't have the balls to call them when they were alive. Maybe give her the opportunity to reword it?

She can post anything she likes in there about him, so long as it's decent and preferably factual.

Subsequent exchange:

Oscar Namechange wrote:

I was quite cautious to write ' crimes, If any suddenly come to light'. This Indicates that he may be entirely Innocent.

I also used the words ' my opinion' and legally, you are entitled to an opinion. It Is not stated as fact. It Is legally presented as opinion. Unlike this forum.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/thread ... 307/page-4

I also much doubt The Guardian was sued either.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/o ... an-shergar

spot wrote:

I have no interest in the legality, merely the taste. The man is not yet buried. Furthermore, I'm unaware any allegation has ever been made that he abused children.

Take it up with the other moderators. PMing me about it is pointless, we have rules about not interfering in a Reported Post thread having raised it.

Return to “Reported Posts”