Reported Post by FG

FG

Reported Post by FG

Post by FG »

FG has reported a post.

Reason:Grumpy seriously has to recognize that posting significant portions of professionally produced news text without attribution can cause financial damage to ForumGarden. He has to either provide attribution or leave.
Post: hartlpool united looking to sign ched the rapist evans ...the AA grumpy column

Forum: General Chit Chat

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: AA grumpy

Original Content: hi just time for another AA grumpy column before the big fat fella gets here and i dont mean you mr editor. ( glad to hear it pass the mince pies ED)

and just to put a dampener on your christmas cheer especially if you live in hartlepool is the news that the football club are looking to sign convicted rapist ched evans.

New Hartlepool United manager Ronnie Moore has announced his intentions to bring convicted rapist Ched Evans to the club.

Hartlepool have only scored 15 goals in their 21 outings this season and new boss Moore is looking towards Evans as an option to solve their crisis

The former Welsh international has been without a club since his release from prison earlier this season, but was offered the chance to train with Sheffield United last month.

That offer was subsequently rejected after strong local opposition to the proposals.

But Hartlepool are in the market for new signings, as new manager Moore looks to propel the club off the foot of the Football League.

Speaking after the side's 1-1 draw with Oxford United on Saturday afternoon, Moore revealed that he wants to bring 25-year-old Evans to Victoria Park "It's a possibility," admitted Moore.

"If it could happen, I would want it to happen. He is a proven scorer; he's served his time and the boy wants to play football.

"If there is a chance he might come here, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't "He has made a mistake and maybe he hasn't apologised in the right way - and I know he has an appeal case pending - but if he gets on the park, he would go a long way to getting us out of trouble."

Hartlepool currently sit seven points from safety at the bottom of League Two Last month, Moore's former club Tranmere Rovers rejected claims they wanted to sign the controversial forward.

Hartlepool's Labour MP Iain Wright said Evans was a "pariah" and signing him would send the wrong message to young fans.

He said: "I really hope we don't. I love my club, I love Hartlepool United.

"There's a reason why no other team in the Football League wants to sign him - he is a pariah."

Mr Wright added: "I was at the match today. There were lots of young lads there supporting Hartlepool United.

"I just think it sends out such a wrong message to young men in terms of it being OK for a rapist to play football. It's entirely wrong."

There were mixed views on the potential signing from fans on the club's Poolie Bunker forum.

While some supporters of the struggling side took the view that a proven international goal scorer could fire them to safety, others feared the reaction to such a controversial move.

AAG

if ched evans is signed i would urge all supporters of hartlepool united to protest loudly at the thought of a convicted rapist being signed

and would also urge fans to boycott the clubs matches and hit them where it hurts at the turnstiles so they cannot pay a criminal rapist his obscene wages.

evans is still on tag and has only served half his sentence so he is still effectively in prison serving time for a crime.

and what kind of message does this send out to women and children that you can rape someone and go back to your job just because he,s a professional footballer.

it smacks of one law for them one law for us.

☎|||||||||||

Who has a spare two minutes a day to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

Your satisfactory is our goals
Bryn Mawr

Reported Post by FG

Post by Bryn Mawr »

FG;1469760 wrote: FG has reported a post.

Reason:

Post: hartlpool united looking to sign ched the rapist evans ...the AA grumpy column

Forum: General Chit Chat

Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: AA grumpy

Original Content:

He was told in no uncertain terms when I had to ban him a month back that repeat offences would bring escalating responses - so shall it be.
G#Gill

Reported Post by FG

Post by G#Gill »

DELETE THIS POST !!!!!!! IT'S TANTAMOUNT TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT WHICH COULD CAUSE FORUM GARDEN A FINANCIAL KICK IN THE TEETH IF IT WAS TAKEN TO COURT BY THE OFFENDED ORIGINAL AUTHOR. ALL SUCH COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED BY ADMIN. AND A MESSAGE REPLACING THE OFFENDING POST, TO THE EFFECT THAT IT WAS INFRINGING COPYRIGHT. That is my opinion. AAG and others tempted to flout the law like this should be treated the same - delete the offending post immediately. Forum Garden, by allowing this post to remain visible to the general public could be, in fact, seen as being an accessory to such an infringement.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Betty Boop

Reported Post by FG

Post by Betty Boop »

That's actually a good idea, I would be happy to implement such a thing next time we see some word stealing going on. Thanks Gill.
LarsMac

Reported Post by FG

Post by LarsMac »

Well I tend to agree with G#Gill that the offending thread should be properly disposed of. Else, even though the OP has been sent off, and will not be posting more, this one sits on the front page, leaving FG admin at peril, should someone wish to pursue legal action.

And with Dear ol' Oscar getting her tuppence worth into the thing, will likely keep the thread active far longer than it deserves.

The post will show up with in all sorts of search engines, and expose FG to problems for a long time.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
G#Gill

Reported Post by FG

Post by G#Gill »

Betty Boop;1469800 wrote: That's actually a good idea, I would be happy to implement such a thing next time we see some word stealing going on. Thanks Gill.

Thanks for the back-up, BB, a change from the attack by Oscar thingy! :)
Betty Boop

Reported Post by FG

Post by Betty Boop »

LarsMac;1469803 wrote: Well I tend to agree with G#Gill that the offending thread should be properly disposed of. Else, even though the OP has been sent off, and will not be posting more, this one sits on the front page, leaving FG admin at peril, should someone wish to pursue legal action.

And with Dear ol' Oscar getting her tuppence worth into the thing, will likely keep the thread active far longer than it deserves.

The post will show up with in all sorts of search engines, and expose FG to problems for a long time.

I've deleted the middle section of his OP. I went to find a link to slap in there but it appears all that text was a hodge podge of many sites and I have better things to do with my time than try to piece it all together. I believe the only parts left now are Andy's words.
G#Gill

Reported Post by FG

Post by G#Gill »

LarsMac;1469803 wrote: Well I tend to agree with G#Gill that the offending thread should be properly disposed of. Else, even though the OP has been sent off, and will not be posting more, this one sits on the front page, leaving FG admin at peril, should someone wish to pursue legal action.

Thank you LarsMac. It's just that I worry for Forum Garden's survival if legal proceedings are undertaken. Although I don't post all that often, I still feel a certain loyalty to Forum Garden.

Return to “Reported Posts”