Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
tabby

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by tabby »

Periodically I catch reruns of the old "Andy Griffin Show" on tv and always enjoy the ambiance, gentle humor and great characters in the program. This exchange between Andy and Opie regarding Horatio, the half boy, is a classic!

If I started talking about Barney Fife, I'd be here all day and probably end up watching every YouTube video available so I'll defer him for another day!

Any other fans of this old program?

YZGI

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by YZGI »

My all time favorite, watched a couple of episodes last night.

My best friends son was around 7-8 when we became buddies, His son and mine had the same first name, so when I looked at him he was an exact twin to Opie, needless to say I nicknames him Opie. At first he didn't like it till we showed him some episodes. He is 19 now and has moved to another state where he still goes by the name Opie.

edit: He has red hair freckles and all.
Snowfire

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by Snowfire »

Never seen that before, me being from over here "n" all. Very good. Enjoyed it. Is that from the 50's ?
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snooz

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by Snooz »

He was the cutest little boy.

Another feel-good old show is The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I'd like to hope into the screen and spend time with her and Rhoda.
flopstock

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by flopstock »

I love Opie. I Loved Barney in The Ghost and Mr Chicken,(wasn't it?). So I started watching the reruns of the show and ended up not liking Barney so much.... but I've always loved Opie
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by Snooz »

Don Knotts in "The Incredible Mr Limpet" was one of my favorites as a child.

AnneBoleyn

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by AnneBoleyn »

SnoozeAgain;1436777 wrote: He was the cutest little boy.

Another feel-good old show is The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I'd like to hope into the screen and spend time with her and Rhoda.

My friend & I couldn't be together when Rhoda got married (gasp!) on her own show, so we were on the phone together & watched it. The old days when a phone call cost your arm & your leg. Worth it.
AnneBoleyn

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Snowfire;1436762 wrote: Never seen that before, me being from over here "n" all. Very good. Enjoyed it. Is that from the 50's ?

1960-1968.
tude dog

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by tude dog »

I grew up watching the Andy Griffith.

Always happy that Ron Howard went on to do so well.

A while back using Nexflix checked out a few episodes.

Golly, it was so funny.

Baney Fife, need I say more?
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
YZGI

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by YZGI »

Snowfire;1436762 wrote: Never seen that before, me being from over here "n" all. Very good. Enjoyed it. Is that from the 50's ?

Nah, it just takes place in I believe North Carolina. They're still in black and white there.
AnneBoleyn

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by AnneBoleyn »

YZGI;1436794 wrote: Nah, it just takes place in I believe North Carolina. They're still in black and white there.
:yh_rotfl

You're a precious jewel!
AnneBoleyn

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by AnneBoleyn »

tude dog;1436793 wrote: I grew up watching the Andy Griffith.

Always happy that Ron Howard went on to do so well.

A while back using Nexflix checked out a few episodes.

Golly, it was so funny.

Baney Fife, need I say more?

I'm always so happy when we agree on stuff! & Ron Howard married his HS girlfriend & they remained married to this day! And he always made sure to give his goofy brother Clint a job!

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... SgdUw12YlA
tabby

Andy, Opie and Horatio

Post by tabby »

Ron Howard is one of the few child actors who seemed to have a seamless transition into adulthood and further success in Hollywood or at least if he did have some hiccups along the way they were discreetly hidden behind private doors. His daughter is a respected actress in her own right ~~~~~> Bryce Dallas Howard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It says she has two children ... I can't believe Opie would be a granddad!!

I love Don Knotts and anytime I get an opportunity to watch any of those cornball movies of his from the 1960s, I will! "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" is a cult favorite, and I particularly like "The Love God". Was he in some of the Herbie movies ... the Love Bug?

It's not too late to get your tickets to Mayberry Days in Mt. Airy, NC if you're in the neighborhood ... they're very proud of Andy Griffin, their native son! ~~~~~> Mayberry Days - September 26-29, 2013 in Mount Airy, North Carolina

A few more clips:

Return to “Comedy”