Kramer goes crazy (Warning: bad language)

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Dang!!!! i reckon he will join the ranks with mel who? :thinking:
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

evidently he will be on letterman apologizing.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

How right you are, the apology spin has already begun. :thinking:

[QUOTE]evidently he will be on letterman apologizing. [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

'Kramer' apologizes for racist tirade
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Seems ironic that the word behind him was Laugh. I didn't hear much of that going on

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

SnoozeControl;465415 wrote: Here's a vid of his apology on Letterman last night. He looks like he's ill.

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp ... id=1773282

He's probably realised that he'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I don't use the word Nigger at all...(However it's spelled)...I wouldn't use it when talking with people who normally refer to people of the black race as "Niggers"...(We all know that racism has not subsided in certain parts of the world)...

But, I find it a little ironic that they were quite quick to spit the "Cracker" bit right back...

To me that demeans the whole point of racial bigotry...

I don't get how someone being called an offensive racial slur can get angry over something in which they aren't the least bit hesitant to do the same right back...

The guy in the audience should apologize for the Cracker slur as well, is the way I see it.
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

SnoozeControl;465477 wrote: Funny, but I don't think of 'cracker' as particularly demeaning. But then I'm not from the Southeast US.:thinking:

It's taken to mean white uneducated, crude, rude etc.. by many southerners snoozie pooh..I wouldn't use in my neck of the woods if I were passing through NC..:sneaky:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Seems he broke the unwriten law of calling a black man who was being rude in his audience a bad name.White man can't call a black man names,that ain't cool right?Has anyone seen MTV?YThis is not a white freindly channel,and this what your kids are growing up on. If this where Eddie Murphy or Chris rock going off on a white boy,it would be funny no matter what.

Double edge sword,Double edge sword.

I in no way condoning what he did,just keeping a open mind that whats good for one is good for another no matter what color.Some have too walk the straight and narrow while others are allowed too sway at will and not be held responsible.
Rain

Post by Rain »

(Thank You Lady Cop for directing me here)

I was shocked also when I saw this on the news. I looked forward to the Letterman show lastnight and I wasn't disappointed. IMO, he was very emotional about the whole thing. You could actually see him troubled and searching for the right words for his emotions. I didn't see any acting in his apology.

At 1 point, Seinfeld told the audience to stop laughing, that this isn't funny. Then there was another bout of laughter and Richards even said he didn't think this was the right place for such an apology.

The black community thought this apology was a 2 on a scale of 1-10. And they said he should apologize AT the club where the offense took place.

I say, if they'd done their homework, they'd know that Richards was 86'd from there, And that Richards had tried to go back but wasn't let in! And... Jerry Seinfeld phoned and asked Richards to appear on Letterman. What would ppl say if he'd denied his friend and DIDN'T show up? It seems to me that Richards can't get a break. He's damned if he does, and he's damned if he didn't.

Also, I admire VERY much that he's sincere about his apology and is taking responsibility for what he said. UNlike Mel Gibson and Mark Foley, Richards isn't blaming alcohol! He's not passing the buck. I admire that greatly.

I hope that he will have a chance to apologize in the way ppl want him to and to move forward. Afterall, who of us as NOT made a horrible mistake in our lives? And aren't we thankfull ppl gave us a break after our apology?

Also, there was a comment in this thread about the word "cracker" used by some of the blacks at the club. Yes! They too were saying that in anger. Where's THAT apology?
Shweet tatersalad

If he had returned too the club he would have been shot and killed.

This too shall pass in time.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

It is *still* on the news. :thinking:

I wish they'd all just shut up about it. I was offended by the video, no not offended- appalled but not so much at the racial comments but more about the way he ranted at that guy. Even if you take out the offending word, "Kramer" was still being repugnant. I don't see where the audience member calling him a cracker requires making any kind of apology. He was offended and rightfully so. To me it's just words. But I know for others it's more than that. But for cripes sake, all this talk about it (in the media, not here) is ridiculous. If you listen real close, you will probably find that people are outraged just for the sense of being outraged. You know, "OH! he said something that's not cool to say!" But they don't fully realize why it's uncool to say. The reasoning is lost.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

The point is, is that it's useless to retaliate in the same exact way in which the one in question feels offended...It's hypocritical to me...

For the sake of the post let's flip the situation...

Say the guy heckling Krammer was the one that called him a cracker...

Is everything that Micheal Richards then said ok then,...?

Because the guy in the audience responded with the expression "cracker".
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I see where you're coming from, K. But the way I took it when I heard that was more like the guy calling uh...forgot his name again already...."Kramer," a jerk. I know cracker is supposed to be like "honky" but for some reason to me, it just doesn't have the same effect as "N......" Maybe it's because cracker is pretty recent to me whereas I've been taught all my life that the other word is unacceptable. Besides, cracker to me (and I can't explain why) is funny. If someone called me that, I'd probably laugh at them whereas if they called me b.itch or some other familiar terms, now *that* would insult me. This could be a whole different conversation possibly. I guess the short of it, in my opinion only, is that "Kramer" had it coming.

:cool:

ETA: Sorry K. I got so wrapped up in my reply that I failed to answer your question. :o My answer is no. The audience guy was hostile when he called Kramer a cracker, but in my opinion, the stuff Kramer was saying (like putting a fork in the guy's backside) and the rage/hatred in which he was saying it was what was most unacceptable to me. And the grossness. If it had been a white guy onstage going off on the same rant as Kramer, just using the word cracker, I would have been just as disgusted.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

RedGlitter;466279 wrote: I see where you're coming from, K. But the way I took it when I heard that was more like the guy calling uh...forgot his name again already...."Kramer," a jerk. I know cracker is supposed to be like "honky" but for some reason to me, it just doesn't have the same effect as "N......" Maybe it's because cracker is pretty recent to me whereas I've been taught all my life that the other word is unacceptable. Besides, cracker to me (and I can't explain why) is funny. If someone called me that, I'd probably laugh at them whereas if they called me b.itch or some other familiar terms, now *that* would insult me. This could be a whole different conversation possibly. I guess the short of it, in my opinion only, is that "Kramer" had it coming.

:cool:

ETA: Sorry K. I got so wrapped up in my reply that I failed to answer your question. :o My answer is no. The audience guy was hostile when he called Kramer a cracker, but in my opinion, the stuff Kramer was saying (like putting a fork in the guy's backside) and the rage/hatred in which he was saying it was what was most unacceptable to me. And the grossness. If it had been a white guy onstage going off on the same rant as Kramer, just using the word cracker, I would have been just as disgusted.

That's my point..."Cracker" is a racial slur, aimed at caucasians...

While I'm not taking sides, I am just pointing out all angles here.

Micheal Richards whole line of defense is that he lost his temper, and to say that because it was said first to the person in the audience is of no importance to intent, which was to simply hurt the guys feelings, because compromise to the aggressor(Krammer) in this case, was exhausted. Whereas the person sitting in the stands committed to the same disregard after losing his temper in response to what was said...His strategy worked, but I'm afraid that it is veiwed in the eyes of the majority as being distasteful, proven by such criticism, and rightly so.

The person in the stands has every right to condemn what was said,..but they don't have the right to condemn the person who said it, especially when they throw the second stone.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Is it possible to make a racial slur and not be a racist ?

In the heat of the moment many of us throw things out there that we regret later.
I AM AWESOME MAN
valerie

Post by valerie »

Gloria Allred, Lady Cop's favorite ambulance chaser!!

:D
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

valerie;468691 wrote: Gloria Allred, Lady Cop's favorite ambulance chaser!!

:Di could grab that woman by her scraggly turkey neck and throttle her!!! :)
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

SnoozeControl;466133 wrote: Michael Richards isn't actually a comedian, he's an actor. All the stuff he did on Seinfeld was very tightly scripted and practiced

That's exactly right.

After Seinfeld went off the air, Richards starred in a now forgotten comedy movie. I have a vague memory of the TV ad where he was running around a court room or something.

I heard Richards on a radio interview while he was promoting the film. Not only was he painfully unfunny, it seemed to be a huge effort on his part to say more than three words at a time. He struck me as being rather weird.

Having said that, his recounting to Jerry and George how he took over an out of control city bus while rushing a severed pinky toe to the hospital is a comedy classic. You can see there just how accomplished he is as a comedic actor.

Now that I think of it, that episode was based on a heckler who was giving Jerry a hard time at the comedy club, and Kramer took the toe to the hospital in an ice filled Crackerjack box.

Interesting...
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

That episode was just on a few days ago...

I wonder how the African American actors who made brief appearances on Seinfeld have viewed what has happened.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

SnoozeControl;468658 wrote: I just go for the generic insults that fit any nationality, sex or religion... "ass hole" "jerk off" "c**k sucker" ...

I'm not known for being terribly refined. :o

Take the high road...thats what I always say.:-6
I AM AWESOME MAN

Post by 911 »

Gloria Alred stated on TV that they were in pain over this and I saw the two of them on the Today show and you would have thought someone kicked them in the balls. They both sat there with their heads down mumbling it wasn't right and how "freedom of speech should have limitations". Rehearsed? I think so.

They are looking for money and if I was Richards attorney, I would ask them if they ever laughed at a comedian that ever used racial slurs against white people.

I'm from the south and we don't use that word. Sometimes I think we are way ahead of the rest of the country when it comes to black/white relations. Though, there is always someone trying to gain something from nothing, i.e. Alvin Holmes and his co-horts, but we seem to rise above the rest of the country.

Unfortunately, when something like this comes up, they always refer to the south as an example of racial slurs. That chaps my behind! :mad:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Shweet tatersalad

Mo money,Mo money,Mo money.

Seems too me that these two homeboys don't much care about being called a N word,which by the way is a endearing term in there circle.As much they see a chance too make some dope money yo.

They were rude so some one and they stand too make some money,What they gonna do when this white boy got no money?Pop a cap in his buttocks.Gold digging bling chasers.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Gloria Allred. Hmph! ITA with Lady Cop. As for yet ANOTHER apology by Richards..... Hmmm, maybe if he were to stand on his head on top of the Empire State bldg. and scream out that he's sorry.... No, that probably wouldn't work either. That still wouldn't be good enough! :-5

But to stage such a poor performance from these 2 men for the media... give me a break. They're after money and their 15 minutes of fame.

Here's an idea, let's go to a comedy club and leave our sense of humor home. Hmph, imagine, being the brunt of a comedians jokes. I've seen plenty of comedians pick on audience members. Get over yourself.

Now I'm not saying that the words Richards used were right. I disagreed with them. I don't like racial jokes (which in my book is an oxymoron). I'm just saying that these 2 "offended" black men are out for blood and $$ and they won't stop until Richards moves away with his tail between his legs. How many ppl does he need to apologize to??? He's done it! Where's the forgiveness? Aren't we taught to forgive a repentant person rather than to hold a grudge?
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

And the media is STILL going on about it. People are getting shot, stabbed, run over, burned, poisoned, mutilated, etc etc and this is what people are getting "outraged" about. :thinking:
Rain

Post by Rain »

Exactly.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Yeah, all over a dumb comedian.

Isn't he the guy who played "Kramer" on Seinfeld? Guess what, I never thought he was very funny. He was way too intense and arrogant. And what happened to his career after Seinfeld? Nothing. Apparently nothing much is happening with his career now either, except that now maybe he is blackballed.

Ewwww! I heard what he said too. Ewwwww!:mad:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

$$$$$$

Of course, these people are so HURT that $$$$ will soothe their injured feelings.

Now, last thing I heard, there IS still freedom of speech in this country. And freedom to make an ass out of oneself. And freedom to say something offensive in a public place. (I'm assuming this was a club for adults? Yes, I thought so.)

Mr. Richards may be guilty of poor taste, poor judgement, momentary insanity or just generally being an idiot....but I don't believe he's broken any laws.

As soon as all those "CRAP" artists begin to pay me for all the "honky bitch" lyrics, I might begin to support the "right" of people to SUE for the remarks of someone who offends them!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Post by 911 »

Lulu2;471308 wrote: $$$$$$

Of course, these people are so HURT that $$$$ will soothe their injured feelings.

Now, last thing I heard, there IS still freedom of speech in this country. And freedom to make an ass out of oneself. And freedom to say something offensive in a public place. (I'm assuming this was a club for adults? Yes, I thought so.)

Mr. Richards may be guilty of poor taste, poor judgement, momentary insanity or just generally being an idiot....but I don't believe he's broken any laws.

As soon as all those "CRAP" artists begin to pay me for all the "honky bitch" lyrics, I might begin to support the "right" of people to SUE for the remarks of someone who offends them![/

OMG! Let's do it! I'm tired of hearing the word bitch, I tired of seeing videos when they blatantly call women bitches in their lyrics and I'm tired of the word 'be-atch', however you spell it.

Reckon we can get that crazy moronic lawyer to assist us? We might can get it removed from the dictionary, too! :D
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Well life can sometimes be a BIIAHCHT!!:cool:

Post by 911 »

You're on my list buster! :D

High noon with the lawyer who can draw the quickest paperwork! :wah:

Mae West
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

911;471373 wrote: You're on my list buster! :D

High noon with the lawyer who can draw the quickest paperwork! :wah:
RUH ROH:cool:

Post by 911 »

And you can't pay off with Scooby snacks either!

Mae West
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

I forgot to mention that the USUAL "black clacque" (Jackson, Sharpton, Waters, etc,) are back, howling for a BOYCOTT of the newest Seinfeld DVD!

Am I the only one who suspects these people actually NEED to divide us racially? Whatever would they do if we all refused to become OUTRAGED by one another's occasionally idiotic remarks?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Lulu2;471394 wrote: I forgot to mention that the USUAL "black clacque" (Jackson, Sharpton, Waters, etc,) are back, howling for a BOYCOTT of the newest Seinfeld DVD!

Am I the only one who suspects these people actually NEED to divide us racially? Whatever would they do if we all refused to become OUTRAGED by one another's occasionally idiotic remarks?
Exactly, otherwise they would have to get a real job.:cool:
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Why should they stop doing what they've been doing? The last few DECADES have fueled the "BLACKSAREVICTIMS" mode and the "black clacque" has made a career of it. I'd love to see Jesse Jackson's face on the day it's announced that racism is ended! He'll want to open a vein!

Return to “Comedy”