Finding £20 FG Poll

A forum created specifically for polls.
Oscar Namechange

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by Oscar Namechange »

You spot a £20 note on the forecourt of a petrol station.

Do You ?

Anon voting.... come on be honest now.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by Bruv »

It would depend on circumstances, where it was, how many people were about, how hard up I was........
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by LarsMac »

If I were to see someone who seems to be looking around for something, I would probably find out what they were looking for, and if they were looking for a £20 note, I would hand it over to them, but otherwise, finders keepers.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Týr

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by Týr »

Oddly enough I did find a £20 note a while ago, near a roundabout in Milton Keynes, and handed it in at the local police station. The 20p coin I found last week on Whiteladies Road, on the other hand, went into my pocket. I would probably puzzle were I to pick up a £5 note outdoors.

Your poll is not anonymous.
Long Live General Kim Jong-un, the Shining Sun!
LarsMac

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by LarsMac »

I remember once some years back, while fueling my car found a 50 Dollar bill on the pavement.

As I was thinking to myself how lucky I was, being broke until payday, and now I had fifty bucks which would get me through quite comfortably, and I could even go have a steak dinner at Charley's, I saw a young mother, frantically looking around between the store and her car. I asked her what the problem was. She told me she had filled up her car and now lost the fifty her husband gave for for gas and groceries.

I held up the fifty I had just found, and asked if it was that one. Well, of course it was, I guess. The hug she gave me kept me warm all week.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by Oscar Namechange »

LarsMac;1440186 wrote: I remember once some years back, while fueling my car found a 50 Dollar bill on the pavement.

As I was thinking to myself how lucky I was, being broke until payday, and now I had fifty bucks which would get me through quite comfortably, and I could even go have a steak dinner at Charley's, I saw a young mother, frantically looking around between the store and her car. I asked her what the problem was. She told me she had filled up her car and now lost the fifty her husband gave for for gas and groceries.

I held up the fifty I had just found, and asked if it was that one. Well, of course it was, I guess. The hug she gave me kept me warm all week.

That's really nice Lars :-4

Some years ago, I set off with the dog for a walk and turning the corner of the street, I saw something brown fluttering In the kerb. At the time, I had a heavy mortgage and was really hard up. As I got nearer, I was thinking, ' please let It be a £10 note. And It was. I was so excited but I looked all around and there wasn't a soul to be seen anywhere so It could have been any number of people using that road. It felt a bit thick and when I looked again It was four £10 notes folded over together.

Back then 40 nicker was a huge amount of money so I did hand It In to the local cop shop but no-one claimed It so It was eventually mine.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by Chloe_88 »

It does really depend on the situation...

Last year someone had thrown an old style wallet in to our alleyway, there was some money(change) in there, but I think the notes had already been removed. Hubby found some ID in there and the guys address. He brought it back, turned out to be an 85(ish) year old man..Tried to give hubby 10 euro's for returning it. Hubby declined, he felt he was just doing what he needed to do.
tude dog

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by tude dog »

It all depends.

If at the local gas stations I would talk to the attendant about it. Small town very possible it was a known customer. Since the city Po-Po station is along the way home probably drop in and had it over.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Arena

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by Arena »

Don't forget ........

Uncle Billy Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life!
YZGI

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by YZGI »

Arena;1440349 wrote: Don't forget ........

Uncle Billy Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life!

If Potter hadn't taken the money we would never have met Clarence.
Arena

Finding £20 FG Poll

Post by Arena »

YZGI;1440373 wrote: If Potter hadn't taken the money we would never have met Clarence.

and Sheldon Leonard would have turned the pub into a sleazy dive. 'Get that old rummy outta my bar!':-1

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”