Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

A forum created specifically for polls.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Is there too many threads on Gun Control ?

If this doesn't work, maybe Bryn could adjust for me ? please
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Ahso! »

I know your intentions are good, Oscar, but another thread on gun control? :)

Two types of people whose votes should be disregarded:

1- those who let themselves get beat up in those threads and

2- those who were afraid of getting beat up in those threads.

They're not intellectually honest posters anyway.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1415582 wrote: I know your intentions are good, Oscar, but another thread on gun control? :)

Two types of people whose votes should be disregarded:

1- those who let themselves get beat up in those threads and

2- those who were afraid of getting beat up in those threads.

They're not intellectually honest posters anyway. This post does nothing but endorse the posts in your ' Feedback' thread that as Flopstock said, was a lie from the gitgo.

This thread and poll Is an honest approach to your Feedback thread...

It gives ALL members here the opportunity to have their say without getting Into a war of words with you and Is far more reflective and civilised.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Ahso! »

Ah! I see! Get on with it then.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1415584 wrote: Ah! I see! Get on with it then. You asked for Feedback.

This Is Feedback.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Ahso! »

Okay! I caught you first time around.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1415587 wrote: Okay! I caught you first time around.


Why the reaction then ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Ahso! »

Lol!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Ahso!;1415582 wrote: I know your intentions are good, Oscar, but another thread on gun control? :)

Two types of people whose votes should be disregarded:

1- those who let themselves get beat up in those threads and

2- those who were afraid of getting beat up in those threads.

They're not intellectually honest posters anyway.


Go on, humour us.. what do you consider a Intellectually honest posters ?

One that used LOL perhaps ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Bruv »

OK.............................I have to say it.......about the other thread and this one......far too much navel gazing.

Far too much discussing the terms of discussion and or personalities involved...................
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1415596 wrote: OK.............................I have to say it.......about the other thread and this one......far too much navel gazing.

Far too much discussing the terms of discussion and or personalities involved...................
Ahhhh but are you an Intellectually honest poster ? :wah::wah::wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1415597 wrote: Ahhhh but are you an Intellectually honest poster ? :wah::wah::wah:


I believe there is a Philosophy Forum for such deep, thought provoking navel gazing questions.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Snooz »

I think I'm an intellectually honest poster but I might be lying to myself.
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I am an Intellectually honest poster In denial.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 13059
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by LarsMac »

There should probably an option for, "don't care", or something of that sort.

And "I Think the balance is right" ???

Balance? What balance?
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Oscar Namechange »

LarsMac;1415626 wrote: There should probably an option for, "don't care", or something of that sort.

And "I Think the balance is right" ???

Balance? What balance?


The balance Is right as In ' the amount of threads posted Is not too many and not too few'.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
User avatar
flopstock
Posts: 7406
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:52 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by flopstock »

Balanced or not, IMO it should be left to the member to self police or not. We all fixate on a topic from time to time, I've done it myself. That makes it harder to turn to other subjects.



That doesn't mean you can't say "oh jeez, another one?" when I put up my fifth thread on diabetes..:wah:



There are always other places to be until the boards clear out a little. Better yet, put up different topics ourselves, perhaps? Maybe not horse racing or diabetes though...:thinking: :wah:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1415673 wrote: Balanced or not, IMO it should be left to the member to self police or not. We all fixate on a topic from time to time, I've done it myself. That makes it harder to turn to other subjects.



That doesn't mean you can't say "oh jeez, another one?" when I put up my fifth thread on diabetes..:wah:



There are always other places to be until the boards clear out a little. Better yet, put up different topics ourselves, perhaps? Maybe not horse racing or diabetes though...:thinking: :wah:
^^^This^^^
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by gmc »

Perhaps there should be poll on whether there are too any threads about there being too many threads on a subject some people don't find interesting but seem incapable of deciding not to read them. I would suggest.

Too Many

Not enough

for goodness sake tell them to stop reading them if they are not interested

I like the gun control threads, it's like peering in to an alien world.
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Bruv »

gmc;1415700 wrote:

I like the gun control threads, it's like peering in to an alien world.
Aye.....how the other half live.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Ahso!
Posts: 10215
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Ahso! »

Bruv;1415717 wrote: Aye.....how the other half live....And dies.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire



I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
User avatar
Betty Boop
Posts: 16528
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: The end of the World

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Betty Boop »

This poll really needed a 'not bothered' option, that's where I am.
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by AnneBoleyn »

gmc;1415700 wrote: Perhaps there should be poll on whether there are too any threads about there being too many threads on a subject some people don't find interesting but seem incapable of deciding not to read them. I would suggest.

Too Many

Not enough

for goodness sake tell them to stop reading them if they are not interested

I like the gun control threads, it's like peering in to an alien world.


As for living in this alien world, I found coming here and being able to discuss this horrific event, the loss of 20 young children, very helpful & in some of the threads, comforting. The amount of these threads is in direct response to that hideous obscene day at an elementary school.
User avatar
AnneBoleyn
Posts: 6632
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Betty Boop;1415723 wrote: This poll really needed a 'not bothered' option, that's where I am.


Yes, I agree, that's where I am too.
gmc
Posts: 13566
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:44 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by gmc »

AnneBoleyn;1415724 wrote: As for living in this alien world, I found coming here and being able to discuss this horrific event, the loss of 20 young children, very helpful & in some of the threads, comforting. The amount of these threads is in direct response to that hideous obscene day at an elementary school.


I was being a bit tongue in cheek. There would be something wrong if Americans didnn't want to discuss it at great length, don't see why some consider it a problem.
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Snooz »

Yes, there are too many threads on gun control. Ahso calmed down and now the new guy is running amok.

MAKE IT STOP!
Bruv
Posts: 12181
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:05 pm

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Bruv »

SnoozeAgain;1417354 wrote: Yes, there are too many threads on gun control. Ahso calmed down and now the new guy is running amok.

MAKE IT STOP!


What's a Mok ?

Now heres a question........have you ever seen the 'new guy' and JJ in the same thread ?

Just asking.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
User avatar
Snooz
Posts: 4800
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

Gun Control anno Poll... Place your vote

Post by Snooz »

Ooooh, good point.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”