Do you trust the police? FG Poll

A forum created specifically for polls.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Officers in despair, a public losing trust: Inside Britain's police farce | Mail Online
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I have a good relationship with the police force in my town. I won't give any details but we both benefited.
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1220586 wrote: I have a good relationship with the police force in my town. I won't give any details but we both benefited. Good to hear it Hops. There are some damn good officers out there i agree. I have some local one's i think very highly of. It's the odd one that lets the good one's down in the main.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

hubby and I had a severe incident a few years back that involved the police...

they got an anonymous tip and carried it through.....

they stopped Mike, threw him up against a police vehicle, hand cuffed him and took him to the police station where he was interrogated and strip-searched.

while this was taking place....5 cruisers were at our home......breaking down our door and turning our home upset down.......

needless to say.........he and I didn't do anything wrong......

we knew who called this in.....but couldn't prove it......

I despise anonymous tips for this reason.

anyone can call in anything and they immediately respond.

and yes......I did take care of that police situation and what they did to us.

so no.........I don't trust police.:-5:-5:-5
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1220591 wrote: hubby and I had a severe incident a few years back that involved the police...

they got an anonymous tip and carried it through.....

they stopped Mike, threw him up against a police vehicle, hand cuffed him and took him to the police station where he was interrogated and strip-searched.

while this was taking place....5 cruisers were at our home......breaking down our door and turning our home upset down.......

needless to say.........he and I didn't do anything wrong......

we knew who called this in.....but couldn't prove it......

I despise anonymous tips for this reason.

anyone can call in anything and they immediately respond.

and yes......I did take care of that police situation and what they did to us.

so no.........I don't trust police.:-5:-5:-5
Bloody heck Joan, don't you have 'Police Brutality' laws there? The IPCC here investigates all complaints of police harrassment etc
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1220594 wrote: Bloody heck Joan, don't you have 'Police Brutality' laws there?

nope.......we have a phone number to call in anonymous tips.....your phone number doesn't show up for the cops..........

I did my best and they knew dam well they were wrong.

they paid me for the things they wrecked as I had written several letters to our chief of police including everything that had happened.

and we had to sign a letter in front of 6 of them.....so I wouldn't bring it up again.:sneaky:

there was no point in suing......as they said, they were just doing their job.....

and there were definite words I included....several times at several different meetings.

they knew I was more than just pissed.:-5:-5

at the time.....we were petrified for our lives and in great distress for weeks and still years later.

revenge is a dish best served cold to the one who phoned that in.;)
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1220595 wrote: nope.......we have a phone number to call in anonymous tips.....your phone number doesn't show up for the cops..........

I did my best and they knew dam well they were wrong.

they paid me for the things they wrecked as I had written several letters to our chief of police including everything that had happened.

and we had to sign a letter in front of 6 of them.....so I wouldn't bring it up again.:sneaky:

there was no point in suing......as they said, they were just doing their job.....

and there were definite words I included....several times at several different meetings.

they knew I was more than just pissed.:-5:-5

at the time.....we were petrified for our lives and in great distress for weeks and still years later.

revenge is a dish best served cold to the one who phoned that in.;) Alot tougher for you there with your cops having guns and tasar. That must have been really frightening for you.

You had to sign infront of 6 of them?? Yep, we call these 'gagging orders' here.
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1220598 wrote: Alot tougher for you there with your cops having guns and tasar. That must have been really frightening for you.

You had to sign infront of 6 of them?? Yep, we call these 'gagging orders' here.

one was a magistrate of the courts.

seems it okay for the police to screw with you........... but never screw with them.;)

great policy they have.:rolleyes:
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1220599 wrote:

seems it okay for the police to screw with you........... but never screw with them.;)

: Oh i don't know.......... that's what we have the IPCC for. Have you ever googled to see what your police complaints stats are for the year? They can be quite revealing.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Wow !!! What kind of police force do they run in Canada?

"Just doing their job" doesn't wash with me.

We have procedures in place here.

1. tip off.

2. survelance

3. eavesdropping and bugging .

4 then you go to a Magistrate or Judge depending on the type of crime for permission.......

5............to bust someones door in and turn their place upside down.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1220603 wrote: Oh i don't know.......... that's what we have the IPCC for. Have you ever googled to see what your police complaints stats are for the year? They can be quite revealing.

The large majority of police complaints come from the criminals themselves .........or their mothers because they've been told to "shut yer gob". pathetic really
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1220608 wrote: The large majority of police complaints come from the criminals themselves .........or their mothers because they've been told to "shut yer gob". pathetic really That's true Meggs :wah:
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

When you think about it, the majority of the population come into contact with police maybe once or twice in their lives. either due to a breath test or walking into a police station to have a statdec signed. Other than that- sirens.
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1220607 wrote: Wow !!! What kind of police force do they run in Canada?

"Just doing their job" doesn't wash with me.

We have procedures in place here.

1. tip off.

2. survelance

3. eavesdropping and bugging .

4 then you go to a Magistrate or Judge depending on the type of crime for permission.......

5............to bust someones door in and turn their place upside down.

they had the tip, the person described us, and our basement....well dah, all's you had to do was look in our basement window......

they surveyed our home for three nights to find out what time Mike left for work and if there were any goings on....which of course they weren't

yup that's what they said..........doing their job from an anonymous tip.

He was accused of having marijuana plants growing in our basement and stealing hydro.

so after tearing the walls out downstairs...dah, guess what?

no marijuana plants..

.....then the 5 cops who had interrogated him said how so sorry there were.......and drove him back to where they made him leave his car at.

ever really been strip-searched? not a pleasant thing for a man.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Not a pleasant thing to do either. well that sucks Odie!!!! Give em' a good kick up the arse from me. That really is a shocker!!!!:-5
Peg

Post by Peg »

The thing that kills me is this. People run down police, yet when someone is breaking into their home, who is the first people they call?
Oscar Namechange

fuzzywuzzy;1220607 wrote:

5............to bust someones door in and turn their place upside down. It happens quite frequently here.

Sorry, wrong house: Drug squad's sledgehammer raid nets a dinner lady drinking tea| News | This is London
Odie

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1220624 wrote: Not a pleasant thing to do either. well that sucks Odie!!!! Give em' a good kick up the arse from me. That really is a shocker!!!!:-5

don't get me wrong, I don't knock all police officers by no means, as have I met some damn good ones who have helped me.

and I know if I ever needed them in an emergency.....they would be here for me.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I voted no ,,, but its not so much that i dont trust them and thats that,,, i thikn i dont trust them to actually care,,, i think they dont care ,,

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I trust the police officers in my home town because I know their character. But, I don't know other police officers to make a general statement as to whether or not I could trust them.
Fyrenza

Post by Fyrenza »

The cops i've ever had anything to do with have been regular folks, so, yeah, i trust 'em.

Also, being an older female probably helps ~ they're more likely to need to protect me, than to protect others FROM me! :yh_rotfl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I trust the Police with reservations.

They are human, that says it all really.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Depends on what town they are from....the ones where I grew up were jerks and control freaks...now that I'm older...I can see their point. They do keep the riff raff out. The ones where I'm living now are allright but lazy.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

hoppy;1220586 wrote: I have a good relationship with the police force in my town. I won't give any details but we both benefited.

how much do they pay infomers now
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

el guapo;1220862 wrote: how much do they pay infomers now

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

YouTube - Stool Pigeon - Kid Creole and The Coconuts

for hoppy
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1220856 wrote: I trust the Police with reservations.

They are human, that says it all really. Police with reservations????? What, they're Red Indians???

A Red Indian goes to a resturant and the waiter asks, 'Do you have a reservation'? ....... ummmm Well, actually...... yes.
Odie

Post by Odie »

to much!:sneaky:

then some criminals get away with murder by making plea-bargains.
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1224504 wrote: to much!:sneaky:

then some criminals get away with murder by making plea-bargains. I think what I'll do Joan, is do two new polls as the US and Commonwealth countries have voted here. It will be very interesting to see the divide don't you think?
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1224508 wrote: I think what I'll do Joan, is do two new polls as the US and Commonwealth countries have voted here. It will be very interesting to see the divide don't you think?

Grand idea Julie!
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1224510 wrote: Grand idea Julie!
Done :-6
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

What are you refering to? The time I saw the car with the kidnapped kid inside and alerted the police and told them the directions it was turning, or the time I caught and held a car thief and friends until police arrived? Or the time I saw a B&E in progress and called it in? Or, a few others. I got a thank you and handshake usually.
Oscar Namechange

hoppy;1224523 wrote: What are you refering to? The time I saw the car with the kidnapped kid inside and alerted the police and told them the directions it was turning, or the time I caught and held a car thief and friends until police arrived? Or the time I saw a B&E in progress and called it in? Or, a few others. I got a thank you and handshake usually.
All of them Hops and the police force should be damn grateful for you.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”