Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

A forum created specifically for polls.
Nomad

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Nomad »

I now have my own busness such as it is, really just a grain of sand in the beaches of life for now :thinking:. The co. I previously worked for keeps sending me affidavits to re-sign, some more than a yr. old. They claim the courts wanted the document re-worded. I doubt this as they dont appear different than any of the originals.

They have a history of losing paperwork, then when their clients contact them because a defendant is due in court or is denying having been served they find themselves scrambling to get copies back to the attornies. Theyve sent me dozens upon dozens of them.

Ive already fulfilled my obligation by serving the papers then signing the affidavits.

Re-signing them is bailing them out and quite frankly its becoming annoying and although not extensively somewhat time consuming. I have remarkable recollection of details of many of the serves I completed. Sometimes a town or street name is enough to jog my memory, perhaps Ill recall the event in full detail, but I dont remember all of them. In those cases I have to do some research.

My feeling is my time is valuable and therefore worth compensation. Im inclined to start billing them for my efforts. My wife thinks its antagonistic to do so.

What say you ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
YZGI

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by YZGI »

I say bill them. Why should you work for them for free. They wouldn't work for you for free. They were the ones who let you go, you didn't quit.
Peg

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Peg »

I wouldn't work for free for a company I no longer work for.
qsducks

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by qsducks »

I say bill them for time consuming work and since you were let go I'd say bill them big time.
Mustang

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Mustang »

What would be the legality to you for not resigning year old documents?
Odie

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Odie »

your time is valuable.....and they know this.

no one works for free, so, yes........bill them.
Life is just to short for drama.
Nomad

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Nomad »

Mustang;1220227 wrote: What would be the legality to you for not resigning year old documents?

Well on the ones I couldnt recall I mandated they produce the original document with my signature.

Its not that Im not willing, rather Im in the frame of mind that they are impeding on my free time and I should be compensated.

If the courts truly dictated an affidavit re-worded then Im obligated. Im quite certain this is not the case. As I said they have a history of sloppy record keeping.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Is there any possibility that you might work with them again - either as an employee or through your company (mutual agreement to pass on excess / inconvenient work etc.)?
Mustang

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Mustang »

Nomad;1220234 wrote: Well on the ones I couldnt recall I mandated they produce the original document with my signature.

Its not that Im not willing, rather Im in the frame of mind that they are impeding on my free time and I should be compensated.

If the courts truly dictated an affidavit re-worded then Im obligated. Im quite certain this is not the case. As I said they have a history of sloppy record keeping.

If this is not the case, you have no obligation to continue re-signing documents. You're no longer employed by this company, so you should be compensated for your time and efforts.
Nomad

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Nomad »

Bryn Mawr;1220237 wrote: Is there any possibility that you might work with them again - either as an employee or through your company (mutual agreement to pass on excess / inconvenient work etc.)?

Not a chance. I could however benefit them in referrals.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Nomad;1220246 wrote: Not a chance. I could however benefit them in referrals.

If they cannot / will not benefit you in referrals then bill them.
fuzzywuzzy

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I was thinking the same thing Bryn.

Morning Nomad,
chonsigirl

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by chonsigirl »

I think you should bill them, time is a precious commodity.
CARLA

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by CARLA »

Time is money free when your in business for yourself isn't an option especially when it happen over and over again. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

ZAP

Should I Or Shouldnt I ?

Post by ZAP »

Nomad;1220234 wrote: Well on the ones I couldnt recall I mandated they produce the original document with my signature.

It sounds like you're doing a lot of free work for them because of their sloppy work. I think I would tell them that they are going to be billed for each affadavit that hasn't been ordered by the court, to be re-worded and that they will show you evidence that the court ordered it.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”