Presidential High Crimes

A forum created specifically for polls.
Nomad

Presidential High Crimes

Post by Nomad »

Since there was no threat posed by Iraq to the United States the enactment clause of the Senate Joint Resolution 45 was predicated on misstatements to Congress.

Congress relied on the information provided to it by the President of the United States. Congress provided the President with the authorization to use military force that he requested.

As a consequence of the fraudulent representations made to Congress, the United States Armed Forces under the direction of George Bush as Commander-in-Chief, pursuant to section 3 of the authorization for the use of force, which President Bush requested, invaded Iraq and occupies it to this day at the cost of 4,116 lives of service men and women, injuries to over 30,000 of our troops, the deaths of over 1,000,000 innocent Iraqi civilians, the destruction of Iraq, and a long term cost of over 3 Trillion dollars.

President Bush's misrepresentations to Congress to induce passage of a use of force resolution is subversive of the Constitutional systems of checks and balances, destructive of Congress's sole prerogative to declare war under Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution and is therefore a high crime.

An even greater offense by the president of the United States occurs in his capacity as Commander in Chief, because he knowingly placed the men and women of the United States Armed Forces in harm's way, jeopardizing their lives and their family's future for reasons to this date which have not been established in fact.

In all of these actions and decisions, President George W Bush has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and Commander in Chief and subversive of Constitutional government to the prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United states and of those members of the Armed Forces who put their lives on the line pursuant to the falsehoods of the President,

Wherefore,

President George W. Bush by such conduct is guilty of an impeachable offense warranting removal from Office
I AM AWESOME MAN
Bryn Mawr

Presidential High Crimes

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Both GWB and TB should also go before the War Crimes Tribuneral in The Hague to be tried for their actions.
spot

Presidential High Crimes

Post by spot »

It's far too late to impeach the chap from office, the clock ran out.

The US has repeatedly refused to sign any extradition treaty to any of the World Courts of Justice.

I guarantee that if he or any of his administration lands anywhere in Europe after they leave office there will be applications from interested parties to the local courts for their detention and trial for crimes against humanity. Israel already has people in that position who can't travel here with impunity, Henry Kissinger most certainly can't and now we'll have a new bunch in the same position.

It all stems from the year-long detention of General Pinochet in the UK and the appeals decisions in his case, that's set enough precedents for it to happen.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”