Chimpanzees deserve to be treated as human beings!

joona

Post by joona »

Chimpanzees attack other members of their species by using tactics like humans do.

And they can communicate! They are just as intelligent as humans!

There are only minor physiological differences, and that is their physical look. But when we look at their actions, chimpanzees are exactly like human beings.

So we should treat chimpanzees the same way we treat humans! We must give them civil rights and liberties like humans! We must bring them to trial when they commit crimes!

Many chimpanzees have committed horrible war crimes, by eating baby-chimpanzees after a battle. This is so barbaric and brutal that we should bring them for an international tribunal and euthanise them!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Chimpanzees are humans, just with a little bit more hair.
spot

Post by spot »

joona;1334935 wrote: They are just as intelligent as humans!You know, that's demonstrably false. On any measure of intelligence chimps would score worse than all undamaged humans. Why you insist on intelligence as a test when allocating rights I'm not sure, it seems a dangerous path to tread. I'd prefer to see a right to a natural habitat for all species, that would fix a host of ills.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

joona;1334935 wrote: Chimpanzees attack other members of their species by using tactics like humans do.

And they can communicate! They are just as intelligent as humans! There are only minor physiological differences, and that is their physical look. But when we look at their actions, chimpanzees are exactly like human beings. So we should treat chimpanzees the same way we treat humans! We must give them civil rights and liberties like humans! We must bring them to trial when they commit crimes!

Whoa there, Joona! Ok, I agree that all animals should be treated humanely, at least as much as that is possible. But civil rights? They are animals after all.

Many chimpanzees have committed horrible war crimes, by eating baby-chimpanzees after a battle. This is so barbaric and brutal that we should bring them for an international tribunal and euthanise them!!! :mad::mad::mad: Chimpanzees are humans, just with a little bit more hair.

Are you being sarcastic? Because if you're not...maybe you should be in a cage.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Lions do it too, kill the young of the former pride leader.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Took out saddams kids
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

chonsigirl;1334968 wrote: Lions do it too, kill the young of the former pride leader.

Yes but a lion is a lion and not a chimp, which by this person's logic is joona;1334935 wrote: just as intelligent as humans!

On that, could you please elaborate on this a little joona because you've lost me.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I dunno if treating Chimps like humans is such a good idea.

They might start acting like humans.

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

Chimps lack one very important thing humans have, a large frontal lobe. They do not have near the capacity to imagine, create, think beyond their current environment or formulate very complex strategies and plans. They are not "human" simply because a chimp on trial for war crimes would not be able to comprehend the concept of a trial and the ramifications of it.

Chimps are very smart creatures but they never left the forest as our ancestors did, they did not evolve as we did. This does not mean they are not of value to us or this world. They should be respected and protected.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Scrat;1335045 wrote: Chimps are very smart creatures but they never left the forest as our ancestors did, they did not evolve as we did. This does not mean they are not of value to us or this world. They should be respected and protected.Yes but shouldn't they be tested in the laboratory? Isn't that what they're for?
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1334936 wrote: You know, that's demonstrably false. On any measure of intelligence chimps would score worse than all undamaged humans. Why you insist on intelligence as a test when allocating rights I'm not sure, it seems a dangerous path to tread. I'd prefer to see a right to a natural habitat for all species, that would fix a host of ills. Totally agree.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Scrat;1335045 wrote: Chimps lack one very important thing humans have, a large frontal lobe. They do not have near the capacity to imagine, create, think beyond their current environment or formulate very complex strategies and plans. They are not "human" simply because a chimp on trial for war crimes would not be able to comprehend the concept of a trial and the ramifications of it.

Chimps are very smart creatures but they never left the forest as our ancestors did, they did not evolve as we did. This does not mean they are not of value to us or this world. They should be respected and protected.

The amount of chimp DNA is 12% larger than what it is in humans.

The 2–4% difference in the genomes is actually millions and millions of bases (individual components of DNA).

In many areas of the DNA sequence, major “rearrangements” seem apparent. These account for perhaps 4–10% dissimilarity between humans and chimps.

Chimps have 23 pairs of chromosomes and humans have only 22 (excluding pairs of sex chromosomes for both species).

The Chimp Is another species.

If It were Identical to human, Bubbles could have claimed alimony from M Jackson.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Conservation The Environment”