Mother Earth

Paula

Mother Earth

Post by Paula »

I think the word hate needs to go, could another word replace that one? Mother Earth is not about hate?
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
rachelg

Mother Earth

Post by rachelg »

Paula wrote: I think the word hate needs to go, could another word replace that one? Mother Earth is not about hate?
Abuse. Actually the poem doesn't say Mother Earth hates; it says why do people hate her. Abuse might be what it actually is though, not hate. What she's talking about isn't usually done on purpose, it is done without thought. :-1
kensloft

Mother Earth

Post by kensloft »

I was set to enter this in cars, bikes etc. but this is where I think it shoul be.

There is a new car in the market put out by Daimler-Benz. It is called the 'Smart Car'. It is virtually half the size of a standard car. The focus was put on two passenger comfort while riding.

When it comes to the crash test it stood up really well.

I've only seen one but from the grin on the guy's face, he was a satisfied customer.

Apparently, what I saw, as a news item, stated that on a fill-up the average Torontonian could go to Montreal and back and halfway back again to Montreal on a tank of gas that would fill for 12 bucks. It is a distance of 800 miles roughly.

There are ten thousand of them sold and they are, at this moment, on back order if you want one.

Another one that I want to put in here is the discovery at the University of Toronto of a paintable plastic that uses the infra red rays of the sun and is five times better than any solar powered collectors that are on the market today.

They are saying that this substance would be painted on the cuffs of your shirt and you would be able to charge your Ipod or portable computer.

Welcome to the future. Hope Mother Earth realizes that we know how stupid we have been and are trying to make amends.
abbey

Mother Earth

Post by abbey »

kensloft wrote: I was set to enter this in cars, bikes etc. but this is where I think it shoul be.

There is a new car in the market put out by Daimler-Benz. It is called the 'Smart Car'. It is virtually half the size of a standard car. The focus was put on two passenger comfort while riding.

When it comes to the crash test it stood up really well.

I've only seen one but from the grin on the guy's face, he was a satisfied customer.
The Smartcar is quite popular in the uk, D/B have just released the new 4x4 smartcar, my boyfriend who works for the company has been asked to drive one (he gets a new one every 3 months) and he's not a happy bunny, poor thing!! I should be so unlucky...
gmc

Mother Earth

Post by gmc »

posted by abbey

The Smartcar is quite popular in the uk, D/B have just released the new 4x4 smartcar, my boyfriend who works for the company has been asked to drive one (he gets a new one every 3 months) and he's not a happy bunny, poor thing!! I should be so unlucky...

Trouble is it has a premium price and is more a fashion accessory than practical car. You can get small cars for half the oprice just as economical.

Saw crash tests on "Top Gear" they were smashing it in to concrete barriers at 70mph and the cage remained intact. Good idea too expensive to catch on.
kensloft

Mother Earth

Post by kensloft »

gmc wrote: posted by abbey

Trouble is it has a premium price and is more a fashion accessory than practical car. You can get small cars for half the oprice just as economical.

Saw crash tests on "Top Gear" they were smashing it in to concrete barriers at 70mph and the cage remained intact. Good idea too expensive to catch on.

They're actually inexpensive here. Probaably the same price but cheaper than the local cars. I hope that they catch on because they have the potential to really cut down the the gas consumption which is what it is all about.

!7,000 Cdn. for the deluxe convertible. I was told 9 thousand for the bare minimum.
Bill Sikes

Mother Earth

Post by Bill Sikes »

abbey wrote: The Smartcar is quite popular in the uk...

They used to be fairly unusual, going back a few years.... did they come in in 2000? It seems to me that they are driven in a rather agressive manner, mainly - probably through need!
Bill Sikes

Mother Earth

Post by Bill Sikes »

kensloft wrote: They're actually inexpensive here. 7,000 Cdn. for the deluxe convertible. I was told 9 thousand for the bare minimum.

In the UK £7,000 to £17,000 - approx. 16,000 to 39,000 Canadian dollars (assuming 2.288$Cdn to the Pound).
kensloft

Mother Earth

Post by kensloft »

Bill Sikes wrote: In the UK £7,000 to £17,000 - approx. 16,000 to 39,000 Canadian dollars (assuming 2.288$Cdn to the Pound).

I was pretty sure that they were the prices that the person quoted. 17,000 max and 9,000 min. Chances are that I'll run into him again in the near future. When I do I'll get back to this thread with the price. Aren't cars more expensive in Europe?

The guy didn't have a British accent so the possibility of him mis-translating pounds to dollars doesn't fit. Hmmm?
abbey

Mother Earth

Post by abbey »

kensloft wrote: I was pretty sure that they were the prices that the person quoted. 17,000 max and 9,000 min. Chances are that I'll run into him again in the near future. When I do I'll get back to this thread with the price. Aren't cars more expensive in Europe?

The guy didn't have a British accent so the possibility of him mis-translating pounds to dollars doesn't fit. Hmmm?
You're right Kensloft cars are generally more expensive to buy in Europe, (well Britain) its cheaper for us to buy out of the country, but have to pay premium insurance cos its imported, can't win really can we? :-5
Bill Sikes

Mother Earth

Post by Bill Sikes »

abbey wrote: You're right Kensloft cars are generally more expensive to buy in Europe, (well Britain) its cheaper for us to buy out of the country, but have to pay premium insurance cos its imported, can't win really can we?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... cars23.xml
kensloft

Mother Earth

Post by kensloft »

abbey wrote: You're right Kensloft cars are generally more expensive to buy in Europe, (well Britain) its cheaper for us to buy out of the country, but have to pay premium insurance cos its imported, can't win really can we? :-5

In Canada when you buy things from out of the country there is a mandatory surtax on the product. This, purportedly, is to pay for the losses that occur in the system by not buying Canadian. It is really the means that the government effects that can be used to pay for the programs that keep the government functioning.

In Britain there are a lot of social programs that would expire if there wasn't the money to pay for them. This luxury tax cost is meant to make up for the taxes that are lost by not buying British and putting potential employees out of non existent jobs.

Insurance? More cash for the old boys network. You can't win for losing.
abbey

Mother Earth

Post by abbey »

abbey wrote: The Smartcar is quite popular in the uk, D/B have just released the new 4x4 smartcar, my boyfriend who works for the company has been asked to drive one (he gets a new one every 3 months) and he's not a happy bunny, poor thing!! I should be so unlucky...
Ian just got his new car, so i asked him kast night if he was going to get one of the 4x4 Smart & he nearly crashed the car laughing! :driving:
kensloft

Mother Earth

Post by kensloft »

Well now that you have it keep us informed as to its performance. GMC says that you run into a wall at 70mph and the cage will still be intact. (don't try it) I'm curious to see how it stands up to the Canadian version. :guitarist
abbey

Mother Earth

Post by abbey »

abbey wrote: Ian just got his new car, so i asked him last night if he was going to get one of the 4x4 Smart & he nearly crashed the car laughing! :driving:
Kensloft, the point i was trying to make was, that he'd sooner walk than have a Smartcar, the car he's just taken receipt of was another Merc. :driving:
gmc

Mother Earth

Post by gmc »

posted by kensloft

Well now that you have it keep us informed as to its performance. GMC says that you run into a wall at 70mph and the cage will still be intact. (don't try it) I'm curious to see how it stands up to the Canadian version.

What you think canadian concrete is tougher than british? It's not a claim the manufacturer makes they were just curious as to how much it would stand up to since they look so flimsy so they smashed one to bits, incidentally they reckoned the driver would have been killed just with the whiplash etc.

try

http://www.topgear.com/ if you want a UK look at cars.

They also use caravans as missiles and smach ordinary saloons in to 4x4's to see what happens. Americans cars get a bad press for not being able to go round corners without falling over.
kensloft

Mother Earth

Post by kensloft »

gmc wrote: posted by kensloft

What you think canadian concrete is tougher than british? It's not a claim the manufacturer makes they were just curious as to how much it would stand up to since they look so flimsy so they smashed one to bits, incidentally they reckoned the driver would have been killed just with the whiplash etc.
try

No, I don't think that Canadian concrete is harder than European concrete. Thanks for the link. I'll look at it later. Other things to do and I want to look as opposed to scan the site.

Did the crash vehicle have air bags in it?

http://www.topgear.com/ if you want a UK look at cars.

They also use caravans as missiles and smach ordinary saloons in to 4x4's to see what happens. Americans cars get a bad press for not being able to go round corners without falling over.

:driving: American cars are built for American highways. Larger, corners that are not as sharp, so there are different specifications that they are built to in order to make the grade in sales. The 4x4s in America are the ones that are talked about as being easy to turn over on sharp bends in the roads.

Thanks again for the site.
FJBear

Mother Earth

Post by FJBear »

Hi,

Nice poem, but check out the real world too!

Visit

www.carbon-info.org

and learn about global warming and climate change.
BTS

Mother Earth

Post by BTS »

FJBear wrote: Hi,

Nice poem, but check out the real world too!

Visit

www.carbon-info.org

and learn about global warming and climate change.

Site is BULLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

Return to “Conservation The Environment”