Urban Wildlife Conservation

rabidringo

Post by rabidringo »

Urban Wildlife Conservation. Cities today are growing and growing with urbanisation and engulfing the surrounding green land. Is anyone bothered by this? What are your opinions on the matter? do share.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

rabidringo;465872 wrote: Urban Wildlife Conservation. Is anyone bothered? What are your opinions? do share.
Uh care to expand a bit?
koan

Post by koan »

I think if Wildlife wants to be urban it should be called Tamelife... or housetrainedLife at least. If it wants to live with humans, that is.

What aspect of this issue did you feel required discussion?
guppy

Post by guppy »

YZGI;465875 wrote: Uh care to expand a bit?

what yzgi said....
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

One thing I am upset with is all the Guppy mills operating around the world. I think the Guppies deserve better conditions.:cool:
guppy

Post by guppy »

YZGI;465926 wrote: One thing I am upset with is all the Guppy mills operating around the world. I think the Guppies deserve better conditions.:cool:

what yzgi said....lol:-4
spot

Post by spot »

Perhaps, if we concreted over a bit more of the country, we could leave the wildlife to stay in the other parts? The last time I looked we'd only actually paved 5% of England. What on earth is wildlife straying out of its 95% for?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

Post by koan »

spot;465937 wrote: Perhaps, if we concreted over a bit more of the country, we could leave the wildlife to stay in the other parts? The last time I looked we'd only actually paved 5% of England. What on earth is wildlife straying out of its 95% for?

maybe that's what we are supposed to be upset about.

"Put That Wildlife Back Now Where It Came From Or So Help Me" I believe that's a song from Monsters Inc.
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeControl;465964 wrote: WCS is committed to this work because we believe it essential to the integrity of life on Earth.This, surely, is a new definition of "integrity" I've not met before.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bored_Wombat

Post by Bored_Wombat »

rabidringo;465872 wrote: Urban Wildlife Conservation. Is anyone bothered? What are your opinions? do share.
There's some pretty damn wild life in some of the pubs out west.

... But that aside I'm all for cockroach and pigeon conservation. And People too, for that matter.

Return to “Conservation The Environment”