Yaktrax

jasongroppen

Yaktrax

Post by jasongroppen »

Hello,

My Grandma fell last year on ice and I was hoping to find out if Yaktrax would be a good solution for her this coming winter.

Thanks in advance,

Jason
SOJOURNER

Yaktrax

Post by SOJOURNER »

jasongroppen wrote: Hello,

My Grandma fell last year on ice and I was hoping to find out if Yaktrax would be a good solution for her this coming winter.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

I looked into these and similar items for myself last winter.

We live in northern Ohio on a hill with a 300 foot driveway that has a hairpin curve. We have not been very successful in hiring someone to plow it for us since the steepness of the hill and curve is very hard on their vehicles.

My husband used to snowplow it himself, but when the motor went on it, we have just either tried to drive thru the snow in our cars or left them at the bottom and walked up (walking up is a lot easier than trying to walk down).

The last several years have been a terrific challenge. I've slipped and fallen a number of times.

My solution: I borrowed ski poles. With them I can confidently walk up and down the hill without fear of falling. For me with my hill, I decided even with Yaktrax's on, it is a matter of balance that is the problem.

Also, you need to consider, do you have to take them off when going into homes and public places........ If you are just going out on a flat surface and don't have to concern yourself with Gram having to remove them and then put them back on, this might be a good solution.
jasongroppen

Yaktrax

Post by jasongroppen »

She just walks around on flat streets, so I just wanted to make sure these are the right things for her.

Thank you for your suggestions and I will try the ski pole idea as well.

Return to “Health and Drug Concerns”